Thank you Chad Pennington....

JonEJet

you gave your heart, soul, and body to the New York Jets

Injuries cut your career short with us. I wish you luck wherever you land.

You will be missed.

He is only going to land on the JETS bench... Clemens signed his ticket out of town when he sucked in his 3rd TC...

Thank you for nothing, Thank for never beating a top ten defense. Thanks for missing more games than you played. Thank for all of those 4th quarter picks when you could have instead had the game winning drive. Thank for the lack of arm strength and making things harder for out RB's. Thank for being just not ****ty enough to be able to beat up on the dregs of the league and fool some of our slow witted brethren.

AND A BIG THANKS TO FAVRE FOR US NOT HAVING TO PUT SISST BOY PENNE ALA NOODLE ARM OR "KELLEN HAPPY FEET" CLEMENS OUT THERE!

you gave your heart, soul, and body to the New York Jets

Injuries cut your career short with us. I wish you luck wherever you land.

You will be missed.

Well said JonE, well said. I was a fan long before, but Chad turned me into a fanatic. He's been bad, he's even been horrible--but it wasn't for lack of trying. I hope he falls somewhere and turns his career around.

He got all the money he could ever want, but I guarantee you he'd trade it for a ring. Thanks Chad, for giving me the hopes of winning a superbowl(if only for a short time).

Now on to Brett, who I'll root my heart out just as hard for

Thank you for nothing, Thank for never beating a top ten defense. Thanks for missing more games than you played. Thank for all of those 4th quarter picks when you could have instead had the game winning drive. Thank for the lack of arm strength and making things harder for out RB's. Thank for being just not ****ty enough to be able to beat up on the dregs of the league and fool some of our slow witted brethren.

AND A BIG THANKS TO FAVRE FOR US NOT HAVING TO PUT SISST BOY PENNE ALA NOODLE ARM OR "KELLEN HAPPY FEET" CLEMENS OUT THERE!

What a loser

POTW nomination, if we're still doing that.

Bro have a little class. Pennington went out there against the Steelers knowing he was putting his career in jeopardy. He did it anyway, no questions asked.

That is courage. The results weren't there, no doubt but all that has been well documented. If Chad is going, no need to blast him on the way out the door. He has taken enough (more than enough) heat and he has handled it with class the entire time.

Bro have a little class. Pennington went out there against the Steelers knowing he was putting his career in jeopardy. He did it anyway, no questions asked.

That is courage. The results weren't there, no doubt but all that has been well documented. If Chad is going, no need to blast him on the way out the door. He has taken enough (more than enough) heat and he has handled it with class the entire time.

Class? are you kidding me? I have to be nice to the guy all of a sudden because he isn't the starter anymore. I'll publicly apologize and retract my statements and replace them with nice a flowery goodbye, maybe even a poem or a song for Chad, if anything I said was wrong. The guy was always hurt and kept going out there hurt and losing, knowing he wouldn't be giving us a chance to win because he was hurt. He knew that if he spent so much time not playing he would lose his job and his money.

If you pay me $64M to write posts on JN, you can say whatever you want about me afterwards. I'll go out there and type my ****ty posts even when my hands are sore!

Thanks Chad. You were a warrior of sorts and gave your entire heart & soul to this team. Thanks for the magical 2002 run and the 2004 season that ended painfully because of many reasons. Unfortunately you and your arm were not the same following that season and it is time to move on. Thank you for your services and many good memories.

Good luck in either Miami, Tampa Bay, Minnesota or Chicago.

Peace!

Dude you were prolly rooting so hard for chad during the playoffs so please stfu.

Dude you were prolly rooting so hard for chad during the playoffs so please stfu.

So because I rooted for my favorite team to win in the playoffs 4 years ago I can not criticize the guy now? What a remarkable and dazzling feat of logic and reasoning there, cowboy. Again, tell me what about what I said was wrong. I'm fed up with all the praise this guy gets when he hasn't done anything since a fluke partial season in 02 to earn it.

looks like i have to add my pennington jersey to my retired vinny jersey.....time to get a favre jersey :cheers:

on a more serious note chad thanks for the memories , the effort and the dedication that you have shown to us over your career, I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Big thumbs down to Arsis' post. Nobody's saying he was a great QB, but he always gave 100% on the field and always wanted to win, even if his skills were deteriorating.

I didn't want to see Chad play another game as the Jets starting QB, but I still think he is a great guy and there is no reason to kick him when he's down.

I always like Penny as a person, it is unfortunate that the injuries had to take him down the way they did and I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes from here.

That being said I'm glad I'll actually be able to enjoy Jet games this year instead of watching more of whole series of five yrd dumpoffs over the course of the season.

5047.jpg

If I should stay,

I would only be in your way.

So I'll go, but I know

I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way.

And I will always love you.

I will always love you.

You, my darling you. Hmm.

Bittersweet memories

that is all I'm taking with me.

So, goodbye. Please, don't cry.

We both know I'm not what you, you need.

I will always love you.

I hope life treats you kind

And I hope you have all you've dreamed of.

And I wish to you, joy and happiness.

But above all this, I wish you love.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you.

Ooh, I'll always, I'll always love you.

5047.jpg

Archived