The 'How we fans have been f**ked by Jets' Game

SouthernJet

just PAST bad karam,,we are trying to exorcise bad stuff so no more crap happens

well im only 14 so the only bad demon I know well is the year Herm was suppost to get us to the superbowl but then we went through 4 qb's and a bunch of other injuries.

These are from a old Smizzy post....

*Matt Robinson beat out Richard Todd as the starter before the 1979 season. The Jets were looking forward to the mustachioed Robinson's riverboat-gambler ways. He loved to throw long. But a few days before the opening game, Robinson was wrist-wrestling with teammate Bobby Jones -- and suffered a sprained right thumb. But Robinson hid the details of the injury from coach Walt Michaels, telling him he hurt the thumb "reaching for a doorknob." His weakened thumb prevented him from throwing long, and his underthrown pass was intercepted in overtime and the Jets lost to Cleveland. Michaels was furious when he learned what really had happened to Robinson. He never permitted Robinson to throw another pass for the Jets -- not even to come in and mop up for Todd.

*Joe Namath tore a hamstring while water-skiing in the Bahamas. While his contract prohibited sky-diving, it never imagined the more benign offseason activity of water-skiing. However, a tow-rope broke and so did his "hammy," as players call it. That injury, before the 1974 season, effectively heralded the beginning of the end of Joe's career. He wound up with a herniation "the size of a grapefruit," said the team trainer, and never approached even the limited mobility of his earlier years. In his final three Jets seasons, he tossed 66 interceptions to 39 touchdowns, and his 20 carries over the span netted all of 12 yards. Because of his more noted knee operations, fans just assumed they had taken their toll. After all, how many quarterbacks get sacked on water skis?

Vinny blows out his achillies

Yeah...that sucked.

How about the Chad broken collar-bone(I think it was), in the pre-season? Same year Vick broke his leg in the pre-season.

And while this wasn't a big season-changing moment(as we were pretty much almost dead anyways), but Wayne's last concussion against the Chargers. We're coming charging back from way down, and Wayne makes a great catch going to the left at the sideline, his last as a professional. And one thing I'll never forget--vintage Wayne, as he still held on to the ball. One of my saddest times as a fan.

Doug Brien missing back-to-back FGs in Pittsburgh

Barton's penalty in San Diego (even though we won, it felt like we were gonna lose)

I'll even throw in the injury to Drew Bledsoe, propelling Tom Brady to the spotlight. Wasn't that bad when it happened, but we all know what happened afterwards.

Yeah...that sucked.

How about the Chad broken collar-bone(I think it was), in the pre-season? Same year Vick broke his leg in the pre-season.

And while this wasn't a big season-changing moment(as we were pretty much almost dead anyways), but Wayne's last concussion against the Chargers. We're coming charging back from way down, and Wayne makes a great catch going to the left at the sideline, his last as a professional. And one thing I'll never forget--vintage Wayne, as he still held on to the ball. One of my saddest times as a fan.

+1. My wife and I talk about that moment--and Chrebet in general--a lot during games. (Probably her favorite Jet of all time.) We are lucky to have seen such a clutch, unselfish and supremely talented player. Bless you, Wayne, wherever you are. Thanks for all the great grabs.

I'm convinced that 2001 and 2002 werea huge lost opportunities.Not saying we should've won it all, but there was a whole bunch of talent, utterly mismanaged. And the Pats weren't yet the Pats.

2004 was a pretty good team too. There was a lot of talent on that roster.

Didn't Jerome Barkum get tackled on the one yard line as time ran out?

I don't think so.

That was the game where the Jets came back from like 24-0 down early and they were on the march for the winning score and Todd missed Gaffney in the end zone and Bill Simpson picked it off.

Eventhough they lost it was a great comeback. They just didn't finish it.

Watered down Miami field in AFC Championship Game.

Passing on Dan Marino.

Not giving up enough in order to trade up for Brett Favre.

Blair Thomas.

Up 10-0 at Halftime on Denver and lose Championship game.

Vinny's Achilles Week 1 vs New England.

Doug Brien.

Herman Edwards & Dick Curl's awesome clock work.

Chad Pennington 2005-2007.

Watered down Miami field in AFC Championship Game.

Passing on Dan Marino.

Not giving up enough in order to trade up for Brett Favre.

Blair Thomas.

Up 10-0 at Halftime on Denver and lose Championship game.

Vinny's Achilles Week 1 vs New England.

Doug Brien.

Herman Edwards & Dick Curl's awesome clock work.

Chad Pennington 2005-2007.

That is why we deserve a ****ing ring!

and dont forget passing on Elway, and having Peyton not come to the draft a year early knowing the Jets would pick him.

1. Fake Spike

2. 1-15 Season

3. Passing up Warren Sapp for Kyle Brady

4. Being excited over Neil O' Donnell

5. Losing to the Broncos in AFC Championship

6. Vinny ruptures achilles

7. Bill Belichick resigns/Al Groh not getting a fair shake

8. Losing to the Raiders twice in the playoffs two years in a row

9. Doug Brien

10. Doug Jolley trade/2005 season

These are the ten things I remember that hurt the most since being a fan since 1988.

I don't think so.

That was the game where the Jets came back from like 24-0 down early and they were on the march for the winning score and Todd missed Gaffney in the end zone and Bill Simpson picked it off.

Yeah, my memory is a little rusty. I thought for sure they were going to win because they drove down the field only to crap the bed at the end. Who was to know the heartache yet to come?

I don't think so.

That's the one.

That is why we deserve a ****ing ring!

and dont forget passing on Elway, and having Peyton not come to the draft a year early knowing the Jets would pick him.

When did they pass on Elway? The Colts picked Elway first in the draft and he wouldn't play there.

1. Fake Spike

2. 1-15 Season

3. Passing up Warren Sapp for Kyle Brady

4. Being excited over Neil O' Donnell

5. Losing to the Broncos in AFC Championship

6. Vinny ruptures achilles

7. Bill Belichick resigns/Al Groh not getting a fair shake

8. Losing to the Raiders twice in the playoffs two years in a row

9. Doug Brien

10. Doug Jolley trade/2005 season

These are the ten things I remember that hurt the most since being a fan since 1988.

Don't forget about......

11. Not giving Pete Carroll a chance.

12. Giving Rich Kotite too much of a chance

13. The same goes for Herman Edwards

14. Parcells quitting on the Jets before his contract was up

15. Roger Vick

The list goes on and on.

Archived