Chatman will NOT be released or traded according to his agent: 8/30

jetsrule128

thanks jr128-

I just left the team's site and it said nothing about any cuts. From what I've seen the last 2 seasons I believe that Jesse Chatman is better than Thomas Jones and that he'll be our starting RB by November.

If they do trade him the team is making a big mistake

I don't think they expect Chatman to be running the ball for us anyway, Jones and Washington will be splitting the carries.

The only way we would see allot of Chatman was if something went really wrong, and from what Joines as shown so far that may happen.

I hope they hold on to him.

I don't think they expect Chatman to be running the ball for us anyway, Jones and Washington will be splitting the carries.

The only way we would see allot of Chatman was if something went really wrong, and from what Joines as shown so far that may happen.

I hope they hold on to him.

I'm sorry Jade but I just haven't seen much from TJ since we got him-Chatman knocks people over Jones goes right down and never breaks tackles-I'm pissed at this-Leon too, love him like we do he is another guy who cannot move a pile-Jesse Chatman can-AND...he's a Patriots killer

I'm sorry Jade but I just haven't seen much from TJ since we got him-Chatman knocks people over Jones goes right down and never breaks tackles-I'm pissed at this-Leon too, love him like we do he is another guy who cannot move a pile-Jesse Chatman can-AND...he's a Patriots killer
I totally agree with you, but I don't think the CS see's it that way and it's a shame.

From what Chatman has shown I would keep him and use him regularly, but I don't think that's what they will do.

I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.

I know I am just over thinking this but.....check out this link from the baltimore sun - scroll to the bottom paragraph about Willis McGahee. I am sure there is nothing to it, but the Ravens are in love with Ray Rice, they hate McGahee, Chatman can split carries with Rice, I know it wouldnt be a straight up deal, maybe Chatman and Baker for McGahee??? I know they have Todd Heap, but Heap is Always hurt. They traded for Brett Favre so you can never say "no way"...That would be a sick backfield....

Dont crush me, like i said i was probably overthinking all of this.

I don't know, he does not sound like a "Mangini guy."

He was a beast, but if he does not know his play book that can't be good, I'm sure there is a reason why Buffalo and now Baltimore wants no part of him.

Good, I was on the verge ofbeing really pissed off!

If we can trade him and get some value for him then that's good, if not we should carry three backs, Im sure Chatman is a lot better than Thomas Jones

Right. Who gets the ball on the goal line? Leon cannot punch it in. And TJ bites the dust on first contact.

all of this so they can keep 4 qbs?

And 5 TE's. (4 + longsnapper)

I love the way Chatman crashes the line and although we havent seen evidence, Caulcrick is supposed to have the same skills. It sure would be nice to have someone with that ability. Jones needs a lane and Leon doesn't have the mass. But I guess Walter Payton didnt either.

Despite what his agent is saying in another thread (edit: it was merged above), I think it makes sense that the Jets were showcasing Chatman. If they can get something of value for him, well - then hey, it's a business.

I'm not as down on TJ as a lot of folks in here - but I'm not sold on him, either. It would be nice to have a back on the roster that allows the Jets to keep Thomas on a short leash. But frankly, I think Washington is that back.

And I hope Caulcrick makes his way to our practice squad.

And I hope Caulcrick makes his way to our practice squad.

Given Richardson's age, I was hoping Caulcrick was going to make the team. I know they are going to have untraditional #s at some roster spots. I just hope it isn't at the expense of losing a talented kid.

I know I am just over thinking this but.....check out this link from the baltimore sun - scroll to the bottom paragraph about Willis McGahee. I am sure there is nothing to it, but the Ravens are in love with Ray Rice, they hate McGahee, Chatman can split carries with Rice, I know it wouldnt be a straight up deal, maybe Chatman and Baker for McGahee??? I know they have Todd Heap, but Heap is Always hurt. They traded for Brett Favre so you can never say "no way"...That would be a sick backfield....

Dont crush me, like i said i was probably overthinking all of this.

From the link (pasted below) it doesn't sound like we either need to trade for him or that Mangini would want him. I'd rather keep Chatman.

Harbaugh said he didn't know when injured running back Willis McGahee would return, and that McGahee might possibly miss the entire preseason. Somehow that doesn't surprise me, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens cut him before the season is over.

McGahee has angered a lot of Ravens officials over at the Castle with his poor work ethic. He doesn't know his plays so I don't see him playing much in the first regular-season game.

I agree. I like chatman's style much more than Jones'. Althought Jones did hit the whole pretty hard the few times i saw him this preseason.

I'm tired of the dancing bear routine. I don't care about his 1100 yards last year or the bad o-line. No more excuses. He either runs for 4.5 or better or bring in Chatman to hit some people in the mouth. This offense desperatly needs a back to always gives us 3 yards and some times give us 7. Leon can supply the game breaking ability, the other back needs to get forward and get forward hard.

I don't care about his 1100 yards last year or the bad o-line. No more excuses. He either runs for 4.5 or better or bring in Chatman to hit some people in the mouth.

Chatman ran for a 3.2 yard average this summer, mostly against Philly's 2nd and 3rd teamers, as well as their grocery baggers. The Jets' entire running game has issues. Chatman ran tough, but there's not a lot of evidence that he represents an upgrade over Thomas just yet.

I agree. I like chatman's style much more than Jones'. Althought Jones did hit the whole pretty hard the few times i saw him this preseason.

I'm tired of the dancing bear routine. I don't care about his 1100 yards last year or the bad o-line. No more excuses. He either runs for 4.5 or better or bring in Chatman to hit some people in the mouth. This offense desperatly needs a back to always gives us 3 yards and some times give us 7. Leon can supply the game breaking ability, the other back needs to get forward and get forward hard.

I totally agree-Chatman ran for like 4.8 last year-Jones about a yard and a half less...Thomas Jones is starting to look more and more like Kevan Barlow to me-I want more and I want better from my starting RB

Archived