THE WHO THINKS MAX IS GETTING PLAYED THREAD

Borgoguy

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok imm back because my job is just to boring not to post at JetNation.. but can you new people stop introducing yourselves allready and allow the lounge to be the funny happy place it once was... if i see one more "HI IM NEW HERE" threads im gonna make a 12 loop noose and hang myself from a door stop..lol

take a picture will ya?

yeah I agree

I mean it should be on the username if they are new or not

INstead of the millions of l am new

If you can, answer this honestly: Did the thought of all hell breaking loose over at JI--and the jumping ship of 80 posters simultaneously--ever strike you as hugely coincidental? Did you ever think it was a goof?
it's not like there were 80 separate events - or even 2... that would constitute a coincidence that you might question. what you're saying is like saying "and 220 people died in that plane crash - now that's some coincidence, 220 people at once, huh? too much of a coincidence for me. i think it's a conspiracy!"

Agreed. I am the world's biggest skeptic. I always think I am getting ripped off.

But if this is a prank on me I welcome it. Let's bring 80 new posters over and give them prolonged exposure to our free content, vbookie, upgraded vbulletin features, arcade, etc.

I like the chances of at least some of the 80 sticking around. :)

seems to be working well enough for steve jobs and those fancy dual-platform macs...

take a picture will ya?

yeah I agree

I mean it should be on the username if they are new or not

INstead of the millions of l am new

I have to admit, starting an introductory thread is a tad pompous. Unless there's a story behind it, then it has entertainment value.

it's not like there were 80 separate events - or even 2... that would constitute a coincidence that you might question. what you're saying is like saying "and 220 people died in that plane crash - now that's some coincidence, 220 people at once, huh? too much of a coincidence for me. i think it's a conspiracy!"

Yes. And? Study history, my good man. Or, you are doomed to repeat Max' eternal blunder. The look on his face when Sooth springs the final trap--to be executed in the coming days, IMO--will be worth the price of admission. Poor sap, Max, I'm sure he meant well.

I have to admit, starting an introductory thread is a tad pompous. Unless there's a story behind it, then it has entertainment value.

Pompous as in posting numerous replies to said "introductory thread" in which one pontificates pointlessly and shares his stilted--somewhat quixotic--view of the world, or a fellow poster, who has no chance to defend himself?

Pompous as in posting numerous replies to said "introductory thread" in which one pontificates pointlessly and shares his stilted--somewhat quixotic--view of the world, or a fellow poster, who has no chance to defend himself?

I don't think many of those words mean what you think they mean.

You sound like a ghey.

Someone with your username would make such a claim? Why not Norway's ThunderheadedTaintTaster? Beware those that that spout the word "ghey" as an epithet. It's like holding up a flashlight at a rest stop. But you wouldn't know anything about that.;)

Yes. And? Study history, my good man. Or, you are doomed to repeat Max' eternal blunder. The look on his face when Sooth springs the final trap--to be executed in the coming days, IMO--will be worth the price of admission. Poor sap, Max, I'm sure he meant well.

What is the trap exactly? If every JI poster left abruptly tomorrow, how does that somehow hurt Max? It's not like he'd be losing a bunch of $55 membership fees or anything. Why would Sooth send an army of posters to another site that can't even be mentioned on JI? Why take a chance on some of the posters actually liking JN and posting here on a regular basis? It seems that there would be more potential downside than benefit for Sooth. Is Ashton Kutcher going to come running around the corner yelling "you've been punked!!!" It seems like it would be going to an awful lot of trouble for something that would have minimal impact.

Today, 11:40 AM

pauliec

Jets Insider VIP

Quote:

Originally Posted by HessStation

So besides Kleck, is there anybody who is presumably banned for good?

No, no one is banned.

Don't understand why they'd lie about it. Am I really the only one who got banned? I must be dangerous.

Claudius: ...But now, my cousin Hamlet, and my son -

Hamlet: (aside) A little more than kin, and less than kind.

Claudius: How is it that the clouds still hang on you?

Hamlet: Not so my lord; I am too much i' the sun.

scene ii

How weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable

Seem to me all the uses of this world.

Hamlet, scene ii

Wow, I didn't think of this scene, but I definitely thought of this play. Well done, Borgo.

Good man. The world rejoices.

Of course. The world doesn't have enough good tractor repairmen.

With wars in different regions, the collapse of western capitalism, the escalating price of energy, the only solution for the survival of mankind is a return to an agrarian society. As such, a good tractor repairman will be king.

Take this with a grain of salt as I was neither a long time moderator nor a valued poster at JI, but I jumped ship because Ham banned me for no reason and nobody had a problem with it so I peaced.

Sadly your story is all to familiar. Sounds like Ham is some kind of a lunatic.

What is the trap exactly? If every JI poster left abruptly tomorrow, how does that somehow hurt Max? It's not like he'd be losing a bunch of $55 membership fees or anything. Why would Sooth send an army of posters to another site that can't even be mentioned on JI? Why take a chance on some of the posters actually liking JN and posting here on a regular basis? It seems that there would be more potential downside than benefit for Sooth. Is Ashton Kutcher going to come running around the corner yelling "you've been punked!!!" It seems like it would be going to an awful lot of trouble for something that would have minimal impact.

You didn't get the memo?

The plan was for all of us to come here in one large army, infest the board with our "no homo," "r belong to me," and "mancrust" references. This in turn would confuse and piss off the current inhabitants of JN who would then get so frustrated they would leave. Once we run the regulars out to someplace else, we are then to report back to JI at once thus leaving JN with no active members.

How did you not get the memo? :-$

With wars in different regions, the collapse of western capitalism, the escalating price of energy, the only solution for the survival of mankind is a return to an agrarian society. As such, a good tractor repairman will be king.

Too bad these guys are gone:

91kdwxFsthI

Don't worry. Things'll open up, I'm sure.

Here's what I don't get. Everything goes to hell and we return to an agrarian society. Where are the farming subsidies coming from?

Archived