THE WHO THINKS MAX IS GETTING PLAYED THREAD

Borgoguy

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the trap exactly? If every JI poster left abruptly tomorrow, how does that somehow hurt Max? It's not like he'd be losing a bunch of $55 membership fees or anything. Why would Sooth send an army of posters to another site that can't even be mentioned on JI? Why take a chance on some of the posters actually liking JN and posting here on a regular basis? It seems that there would be more potential downside than benefit for Sooth. Is Ashton Kutcher going to come running around the corner yelling "you've been punked!!!" It seems like it would be going to an awful lot of trouble for something that would have minimal impact.

I'm supposed to take your query seriously? How much have you been paid "over there" to--once again--attempt to cloud the obvious? Remember the words of Ga

You didn't get the memo?

The plan was for all of us to come here in one large army, infest the board with our "no homo," "r belong to me," and "mancrust" references. This in turn would confuse and piss off the current inhabitants of JN who would then get so frustrated they would leave. Once we run the regulars out to someplace else, we are then to report back to JI at once thus leaving JN with no active members.

How did you not get the memo? :-$

You forgot sopne! :cheers:

If you can, answer this honestly: Did the thought of all hell breaking loose over at JI--and the jumping ship of 80 posters simultaneously--ever strike you as hugely coincidental? Did you ever think it was a goof?

I thought it was a goof when the first few people came over. Getting over 80 seems like a hard and risky stunt to pull off.

It could be a goof. I just don't see how the joke would be on JetNation though.

I thought it was a goof when the first few people came over. Getting over 80 seems like a hard and risky stunt to pull off.

Trust me. A lot of people (mainly the top posters who spent a lot of time at JI) had been very frustrated over at JI for a long time. This whole thing with Ham and the condescending attitude taken by Sean thereafter was truly the final straw that broke the camel's back.

We're here because:

A. We want to be here and overall feel like we have been welcomed (which we thank you for)

and

B. We love the Jets and want to continue discussing them and building a community with other Jets' fans. What better place to continue doing so due to how much it would piss off the person ultimately responsible for driving us from JI in the first place? (Sean)

We all know how much he loooooves this place. We win in more ways than one being here and I'm confident we're here to stay. :cheers:

Why would you? Oh yeah, I forgot: The ghost of Neville Chamberlain says hello.

Trust me. A lot of people (mainly the top posters who spent a lot of time at JI) had been very frustrated over at JI for a long time. This whole thing with Ham and the condescending attitude taken by Sean thereafter was truly the final straw that broke the camel's back.

We're here because:

A. We want to be here and overall feel like we have been welcomed (which we thank you for)

and

B. We love the Jets and want to continue discussing them and building a community with other Jets' fans. What better place to continue doing so due to how much it would piss off the person ultimately responsible for driving us from JI in the first place? (Sean)

We all know how much he loooooves this place. We win in more ways than one being here and I'm confident we're here to stay. :cheers:

Good. Welcome. Anybody that can't take a little ball busting isn't going to last long anyway.

You are overlooking one thing, I am a JN regular, not a JI defector. I don't see the upside from Sooth's point of view and I don't see the downside from Max's.

(Said while backing out of the filthy, ramshackle store room of an adult "novelty" emporium) Whatever you say...

We're here because:

and

Guess what? I did a quick internet search and these exact words--I say, again, exact--appear in the biography of Leni Riefenstahl (1964's Polish version, translated by Sir Charles McCann).

Yes. And? Study history, my good man. Or, you are doomed to repeat Max' eternal blunder. The look on his face when Sooth springs the final trap--to be executed in the coming days, IMO--will be worth the price of admission. Poor sap, Max, I'm sure he meant well.

LOL. On the practical joke score card I think the score is Max 543, Sooth 0.

So believe me when I say that if this was the case and this was a grand prank on me, I would tip my cap to him and call him Daddy. Seriously if he pulled off something of this magnitude I would totally respect that.

You have failed to show me what the downside is for JN though. 80 people come here, post a ton and then leave. So we are left with what we started with. I would be fine with that. We had 1,000,000 posts here before any of this so we are pretty happy either way.

Ccerrot aletulosby si bugogroy.

Diutabumob iewretnb rof paln ruo ot taerht a si eh.

Plbissoe sa noos sa eetanimild eb tsum eh.

Feliod saw cip iuomafns eht fo pnitsog jbabstee, uletanutrofny.

Mnaes avitanretle esu msut ew.

What is the trap exactly? If every JI poster left abruptly tomorrow, how does that somehow hurt Max? It's not like he'd be losing a bunch of $55 membership fees or anything. Why would Sooth send an army of posters to another site that can't even be mentioned on JI? Why take a chance on some of the posters actually liking JN and posting here on a regular basis? It seems that there would be more potential downside than benefit for Sooth. Is Ashton Kutcher going to come running around the corner yelling "you've been punked!!!" It seems like it would be going to an awful lot of trouble for something that would have minimal impact.

Thank you.

There is no additional cost for all of this. We can triple in size 6x over before we would need any additional bandwidth. Knock on wood the server we are on seems to be doing fun. Vbulletin doesn't charge by the post.

If anything this just makes us more money in advertising (if I ever get around to putting those impression based ads back up). So I don't see what we have to lose either way.

I am fine making toaster jokes. As long as they don't take joewilly away from me, I will survive.

LOL. On the practical joke score card I think the score is Max 543, Sooth 0.

So believe me when I say that if this was the case and this was a grand prank on me, I would tip my cap to him and call him Daddy. Seriously if he pulled off something of this magnitude I would totally respect that.

You have failed to show me what the downside is for JN though. 80 people come here, post a ton and then leave. So we are left with what we started with. I would be fine with that. We had 1,000,000 posts here before any of this so we are pretty happy either way.

How sad--tragic, really--your ability to reason. Watch as it unfolds before your tear-filled eyes, Candyman. Fret not, however, pawn. On that day, I will welcome you into my bosom open-armed. All will be forgiven, save for your debts related to your growing snack food habit, which are beyond my meager means.

Why would you? Oh yeah, I forgot: The ghost of Neville Chamberlain says hello.

Here is the thing, I don't need to act like I know what that means.

Also I have a small penis.

I have no problems admitting either thing. Being something I am not just isn't my style.

We're here because:

and

Those words complete me.

Some day we will sit around the camp fire telling stories old and new about how sooth screwed us over. :-P Timeless classics.

How sad--tragic, really--your ability to reason. Watch as it unfolds before your tear-filled eyes, Candyman. Fret not, however, pawn. On that day, I will welcome you into my bosom open-armed. All will be forgiven, save for your debts related to your growing snack food habit, which are beyond my meager means.

Bro -- you are trying to hard. Step back man. Step back. You are a really good poster, they are in your head right now.

Stop trying so hard.

Archived