Hey Brett Favre..Why is there a FORK sticking out of your back???

Smizzy

We are in the race because of Brett . Take the blinders off people. He poses a deep threat that none of the others scrubs we had can bring to the table. He throws INT's. he always has. He can also pull game winning plays out of his ass. He already has more TD's than the entire team had all last year. Stop bitching.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look what he's done over the past 4 games, that's what worries me.

Bit by bit good things are starting to happen. I like Favre's connection with Coles in key situations and the way Thomas Jones has begun to run. Clearly this team has a way to go but they seem headed in the right direction. Favre-to-Cotchery has been a disappointment so far, but it's nice to see things slowly coming around.

Yes the defense is carrying us but the offense is not helpless and seems to be making progress. Why not enjoy it? This week was a good week.

Bit by bit good things are starting to happen. I like Favre's connection with Coles in key situations and the way Thomas Jones has begun to run. Clearly this team has a way to go but they seem headed in the right direction. Favre-to-Cotchery has been a disappointment so far, but it's nice to see things slowly coming around.

Yes the defense is carrying us but the offense is not helpless and seems to be making progress. Why not enjoy it? This week was a good week.

I hope more than anything in the world that you are right and the offense does continue to improve. I'm not doubting it's potential and you're right in saying it showed more glimpses today BUT Favre simply HAS to be more consistent or we're going nowhere this season I'm afraid.

no your problem is you care too much.

its a game. not life and death

first you blamed mangini and company. then you were against thomas jones. now your against brett favre. are you a true fan?

I was ALWAYS against the Brett Favre signing. Mangini has been awful for the most part of the season but had a good game today and Thomas Jones is well as average as a back can be. I have reasons for calling out those guys, like it or not, I do.

Just because I don't think our team is great in every area doesn't mean I'm not a 'true fan'.

I was ALWAYS against the Brett Favre signing. Mangini has been awful for the most part of the season but had a good game today and Thomas Jones is well as average as a back can be. I have reasons for calling out those guys, like it or not, I do.

Just because I don't think our team is great in every area doesn't mean I'm not a 'true fan'.

no sir a true fan takes it like a man. even when there team has never won a superbowl. you are a whiny little u know wat

The jets would be a 6-2 team if we had the Chad behind center. I don't dislike Favre but he is 40 Chad is only 32 and with this team esp. on D the Chad would be 6-2 easy.

There will be a big game when the Jets have to come from two scores behind in the 4th quarter. Pennington has a lot of positive qualities, but he is INCAPABLE of winning a game in the 4th when he is forced to float passes towards the sideline. I am very happy to be 5-3 with an improving team. Relax boss, Brett played well today and he will remind everyone why he is a hall of fame quarterback soon enough.

no sir a true fan takes it like a man. even when there team has never won a superbowl. you are a whiny little u know wat

Take it like a man?

This is an internet messageboard where you're supposed to give your opinions on the Jets. You're talking like I'm slitting my wrists over this crap.

Jeez, just because I don't think it's all rainbows and butterflies for this Jets team I'm not a real fan. Gotcha. LOL

Take it like a man?

This is an internet messageboard where you're supposed to give your opinions on the Jets. You're talking like I'm slitting my wrists over this crap.

Jeez, just because I don't think it's all rainbows and butterflies for this Jets team I'm not a real fan. Gotcha. LOL

nobody here said anything about rainbows. just go hide in your hermit cave till the jets lose again and let us enjoy the win

and when we lose you are welcome to come back and bitch all u want

Seems to me are the vast majority of Favre's INT's have occured when under pressure and just chucking it up instead of taking a sack..

Mangini should make a tape of an endless loop of him saying "don't throw the ball up for grabs, just take the sack" and have Favre listen to it every night as he sleeps.

Say whatever you want about what you expected from Favre compared to what we are getting, but the guy THIS YEAR is still better than any Jets QB in a long ass time. The only thing close to good QB play this team has seen in the last decade was 1/2 a good season from Chad 6 years ago and 3/4 of a good season from Vinny 10 years ago. And while he hasn't been great, he has played his best ball late in the game. Last year when we needed a big drive out of our QB, we were almost guaranteed a turnover. Over the last two games, Favre has put together a drive and got us the points we needed to take the lead and/or pull away.

I think some people were expecting to see the Brett Favre highlight reel all game for 16 games. What the Jets got was the real Brett Favre who's also dealing with a new team, a new offense and a new supporting cast. All that said, the Jets are still in the mix for the division title. The last time the Jets were anywhere close to in the mix there was when they started 5-0 in 2004 and yet still stumbled to 10-6 and backed into the playoffs on a Wild Card. Their last division title came on a 3-way 9-7 tiebreaker. Now suddenly a 5-3 start that by the end of the day would have us even tied for 1st or one game behind isn't good enough?

Did we all forget so quickly that this team won only 4 games all of last year?

I on one hand am not asking Favre to throw 3-5 TDs. I just want him to keep managing this team and taking them in the right direction. The team can pound the ball, I don't know why the coaching staff would want to stop that.

Run the F'ing ball, just do it.

Seems to me are the vast majority of Favre's INT's have occured when under pressure and just chucking it up instead of taking a sack..

Mangini should make a tape of an endless loop of him saying "don't throw the ball up for grabs, just take the sack" and have Favre listen to it every night as he sleeps.

I said the same exact thing after his INT today. Its few of his INTs that have come on flat out bad reads. Most of them are under pressure and he'd rather try to "make a play" then take the sack. I don't necesarrily mind that if you're looking at a 3rd down out of field goal range and toss it up way downfield (as some of Favre's early INTs are), but ones like the pass he threw today just aren't even close to worth the risk.

I feel like after all of the 3rd and VERY longs the Jets found themselves in against NE, Favre has become completely unwilling to take a sack.

The jets would be a 6-2 team if we had the Chad behind center. I don't dislike Favre but he is 40 Chad is only 32 and with this team esp. on D the Chad would be 6-2 easy.

I think with Chad the best case is the exact same record. They might not have won the Cardinals game and possibly could have beat the Raiders.

The upside is much higher this way though.

nobody here said anything about rainbows. just go hide in your hermit cave till the jets lose again and let us enjoy the win

and when we lose you are welcome to come back and bitch all u want

Dude ignore the thread if you want.

Don't attack him personally because he has a different opinion. That is total garbage.

There will be a big game when the Jets have to come from two scores behind in the 4th quarter. Pennington has a lot of positive qualities, but he is INCAPABLE of winning a game in the 4th when he is forced to float passes towards the sideline. I am very happy to be 5-3 with an improving team. Relax boss, Brett played well today and he will remind everyone why he is a hall of fame quarterback soon enough.

Did you see the end of the Houston/ Dolfag game? A few seconds left. Miami down but with the ball on their own 40. Of course it would have taken a great, great and lucky play to win but with Chad you KNEW there was NO chance of winning. He threw a 3 yard dump pass and hoped for a miracle. Miami loss.

I said the same exact thing after his INT today. Its few of his INTs that have come on flat out bad reads. Most of them are under pressure and he'd rather try to "make a play" then take the sack. I don't necesarrily mind that if you're looking at a 3rd down out of field goal range and toss it up way downfield (as some of Favre's early INTs are), but ones like the pass he threw today just aren't even close to worth the risk.

I feel like after all of the 3rd and VERY longs the Jets found themselves in against NE, Favre has become completely unwilling to take a sack.

Seriously..

And then there's been at least 2-3 INT's that have been the result of WR/QB miscommunication which should be expected given the situaion..

He's reminding me of some running QB's where they are their own worst enemy, they have the capability to make a play so their instinct is to try and make it rather then take the negative play.

Did you see the end of the Houston/ Dolfag game? A few seconds left. Miami down but with the ball on their own 40. Of course it would have taken a great, great and lucky play to win but with Chad you KNEW there was NO chance of winning. He threw a 3 yard dump pass and hoped for a miracle. Miami loss.

A recap of the Phins game today made me laugh and summed up Chad Pennington perfectly for me. At the end of the recap they were talking about the "very good" (or something to that effect) game Chad had. Then his stat line pops up and reads the following:

23/40, 281 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

Not that there's anything wrong with having those kinds of games. Favre won with a similar type of game. But thats considered one of Chad's better games, against an awful defense, while Favre is "done" playing against a much better D. It made me laugh. :biggrin:

Here we go again with the Chad fans.

Once again, arguments based on what ifs and hypotheticals. Nothing more. Never any thing more.

What about Chad Pennington's career leads you to believe he would have been capable of winning that game against Arizona? Or are you suggesting that the defense would've miraculously not collapsed in the second half if Chad was still here? You and I both know that game would've ended in a loss with Chad with all of the regular folks coming out of the woodwork to talk about the great game Chad had (probably 200-something yard and 2 TDs) and putting all the blame of the defense for the loss.

And as far as counting the Oakland game as a win (which I assume is what you're doing to come up with 6-2), name me one season Chad hasn't lost at least one of those "gimme" games. He sure played a big part in a whole lot of losses for the Jets last season. To say that the Jets would, not even could, but to say they would be 6-2 is completely absurd. Just because the Dolphins are doing better than expected with a new Miami team with a new coach and lots of trick plays that are catching opponents off guard doesn't mean Chad is any differnet than the guy we've all seen since 2003. We've seen this act before with Chad. It was called the 2006 Jets. He got too much credit then, just as he is now and soon enough he'll come back down to Earth and the Dolphin fans will be screaming for Chad Henne.

Say whatever you want about what you expected from Favre compared to what we are getting, but the guy THIS YEAR is still better than any Jets QB in a long ass time. The only thing close to good QB play this team has seen in the last decade was 1/2 a good season from Chad 6 years ago and 3/4 of a good season from Vinny 10 years ago. And while he hasn't been great, he has played his best ball late in the game. Last year when we needed a big drive out of our QB, we were almost guaranteed a turnover. Over the last two games, Favre has put together a drive and got us the points we needed to take the lead and/or pull away.

I think some people were expecting to see the Brett Favre highlight reel all game for 16 games. What the Jets got was the real Brett Favre who's also dealing with a new team, a new offense and a new supporting cast. All that said, the Jets are still in the mix for the division title. The last time the Jets were anywhere close to in the mix there was when they started 5-0 in 2004 and yet still stumbled to 10-6 and backed into the playoffs on a Wild Card. Their last division title came on a 3-way 9-7 tiebreaker. Now suddenly a 5-3 start that by the end of the day would have us even tied for 1st or one game behind isn't good enough?

"My name is JMJ <dramatic pause> And I support this message."

So true. We've got a winning record, we're competing for the division, and last year, we were 1-7 at this time.

Favre hasn't been as great as we could have hoped, but he's given us more wins in half a season this year than we had in a full one last year.

Archived