Hey Brett Favre..Why is there a FORK sticking out of your back???

Smizzy

So true. We've got a winning record, we're competing for the division, and last year, we were 1-7 at this time.

Favre hasn't been as great as we could have hoped, but he's given us more wins in half a season this year than we had in a full one last year.

Plus a bunch of hot middle aged female Packers fans now root for the Jets.

Not sure what you guys expect from a QB but for me -- that is as good as it gets.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So true. We've got a winning record, we're competing for the division, and last year, we were 1-7 at this time.

Favre hasn't been as great as we could have hoped, but he's given us more wins in half a season this year than we had in a full one last year.

Favre scares me sometimes. Sometimes he scares me a lot actually. But I still haven't felt this comfortable watching any Jets team in some time. Especially late in a game. I wasn't sure about today, but I still really believed the Jets could very well beat Buffalo coming into today. For years now, games against Buffalo had been something I would consistently dread.

nobody here said anything about rainbows. just go hide in your hermit cave till the jets lose again and let us enjoy the win

and when we lose you are welcome to come back and bitch all u want

Do your little personal attacks make you feel big over the internet? Really?

I'm pointing out things that I am genuinely worried about with this team going forward. Favre has been far from great in the last 4 weeks, only a delusional fan would say anything different. This is a Jets messageboard where I'm pretty sure the concept is, that you post your opinions on the New York Jets. If you disagree with me fair enough, but don't start questioning my loyalty as a fan over it.

What about Chad Pennington's career leads you to believe he would have been capable of winning that game against Arizona? Or are you suggesting that the defense would've miraculously not collapsed in the second half if Chad was still here? You and I both know that game would've ended in a loss with Chad with all of the regular folks coming out of the woodwork to talk about the great game Chad had (probably 200-something yard and 2 TDs) and putting all the blame of the defense for the loss.

And as far as counting the Oakland game as a win (which I assume is what you're doing to come up with 6-2), name me one season Chad hasn't lost at least one of those "gimme" games. He sure played a big part in a whole lot of losses for the Jets last season. To say that the Jets would, not even could, but to say they would be 6-2 is completely absurd. Just because the Dolphins are doing better than expected with a new Miami team with a new coach and lots of trick plays that are catching opponents off guard doesn't mean Chad is any differnet than the guy we've all seen since 2003. We've seen this act before with Chad. It was called the 2006 Jets. He got too much credit then, just as he is now and soon enough he'll come back down to Earth and the Dolphin fans will be screaming for Chad Henne.

Look at what Pennington is doing with a much less talented Miami team. And it's not that I dont think Favre is the better QB he is. The Jets only get him for 1 season. You still had about 3-5 more seasons with Chad.

Look at what Pennington is doing with a much less talented Miami team. And it's not that I dont think Favre is the better QB he is. The Jets only get him for 1 season. You still had about 3-5 more seasons with Chad.

a) Maybe less talented, but a ton better coached. And I'm not convinced how much less talented they are on offense..

B) When the f has Chad ever strung together 2 good seasons, let alone the 5 you are signing him up for?

Come on man, now that he's gone can we stop with the "Chad stats"

Are you unaware of the 3 year cycle Chads been on.

1. Has bad season

2. Has injured season

just when everyone gets sick of him

3. Has good season.

Gains everyones trust back and bam back to step 1.

Yeah, but as you know by now Mike, I didn't want one more season of Chad (or even the last one for that matter) nonetheless 3-5 more. So as far as I'm concerned, that little fact actually makes this trade that much better. :biggrin:

Are you unaware of the 3 year cycle Chads been on.

1. Has bad season

2. Has injured season

just when everyone gets sick of him

3. Has good season.

Gains everyones trust back and bam back to step 1.

I would like to amend number 3 to state: "Has a good season for Chad."

17 TDs and 16 INTs in 16 games would never be considered a good season for any other NFL QB, but it is for him. So I think that qualifier needs to be made clear.

Chad's playing well but regardless he does not have another 3-5 years left.

Hey Smizzy, take the dildo out of your arse and realize Favre played a very good game, despite that interception that did not kill us (stupid play call to begin with, why pass when up 13 with less than 11 minutes to go?).

Brett Favre withg the Jets is the classic square peg in a round hole fit.

The Jets were built this offseason to be a "stop the run, control the ball, protect the ball, minimize mistakes" type of team. No flash, be physical and be smart.

"Be smart" does not fit into Brett's make-up. His eyes get saucer sized when he sees a potential single coverage match-up, regardless the situation.

Those final 2 drives, any time I saw him drop back it was a case of praying that he wouldn't do something stupid. (Of course, that prayer was not answered teh very first time he dropped back-INT.)

This team has finally, finally shown a little bit of physicality (Thank you Richardson) on teh offensive line and shown the want to form a running game.

That take patience and smart play. Neither of which are Favre's strong suit.

Thsi team as it is presently constructed does not need a chance taker. And Brett is the biggest chance taker in the game.

Hey Smizzy, take the dildo out of your arse and realize Favre played a very good game, despite that interception that did not kill us (stupid play call to begin with, why pass when up 13 with less than 11 minutes to go?).

hello i believe we were only up by six after that disaster!!!!!

jenkins and revis played like real men!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick6's will result in 1 and done!!!!!!!

I don't have a problem with calling a pass play, but it should've been a quick hit where the odds of the primary receiver not being open are slim, like on a slant or a screen... but definitely not one that takes time to develop and introduces the possibility of Favre chucking it downfield into coverage.

Some QBs, I won’t name any names (but QBs we as Jets fans know ALL too well), can keep a game close the entire way through, and then manage to play their worst ball when the game is on the line at the end. Other QBs can manage a game all game long but then be at their best in crunch time when a game is on the line. Brett Favre is the latter of these two. Anytime we needed a big drive to win a game or hold on to a victory he has answered the bell (outside of maybe Oakland but even Favre haters have to admit that Schotteneheimer called his worst game ever as an OC that day).

If we’re behind late, no game is ever over as long as we have Brett under center. If we’re ahead late, he knows how to manage a game and play the clock when necessary (like going 5-5 on a 8 and a

Brett Favre withg the Jets is the classic square peg in a round hole fit.

The Jets were built this offseason to be a "stop the run, control the ball, protect the ball, minimize mistakes" type of team. No flash, be physical and be smart.

"Be smart" does not fit into Brett's make-up. His eyes get saucer sized when he sees a potential single coverage match-up, regardless the situation.

Those final 2 drives, any time I saw him drop back it was a case of praying that he wouldn't do something stupid. (Of course, that prayer was not answered teh very first time he dropped back-INT.)

This team has finally, finally shown a little bit of physicality (Thank you Richardson) on teh offensive line and shown the want to form a running game.

That take patience and smart play. Neither of which are Favre's strong suit.

Thsi team as it is presently constructed does not need a chance taker. And Brett is the biggest chance taker in the game.

This is fair. But I still think this works just fine if we can stop Favre from heaving it up for grabs under pressure.

This is fair. But I still think this works just fine if we can stop Favre from heaving it up for grabs under pressure.

A LOT easier said than done. There's a reason the guy has 300 picks in his career, it's tough to teach him NOT to do this when this has been his forte throughout his career.

IF we can somehow get Favre to cutback these mistakes then I admit we are a contender in the AFC.

A LOT easier said than done. There's a reason the guy has 300 picks in his career, it's tough to teach him NOT to do this when this has been his forte throughout his career.

IF we can somehow get Favre to cutback these mistakes then I admit we are a contender in the AFC.

Bro, the AFC is so bad we are a contender today.

We even match up well with TN.

If Favre can smarten up a bit, and we start using more play action and relying on the run a bit more, we're more then a contender, we're a favorite imo...

Bro, the AFC is so bad we are a contender today.

We even match up well with TN.

If Favre can smarten up a bit, and we start using more play action and relying on the run a bit more, we're more then a contender, we're a favorite imo...

I agree, although I'm still not convinced Schotty will utilize play action more, I've been preaching that he needs to do that over the last two seasons and although yesterday was a positive step I need to see it more consistently.

If our defense plays like they played yesterday from here on out then we have a HUGE shot in the AFC. With Jenkins in there we are basically forcing teams to be one dimensional, which is just great to watch. Hopefully we can keep the defensive play going.

hello i believe we were only up by six after that disaster!!!!!

jenkins and revis played like real men!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick6's will result in 1 and done!!!!!!!

After the pick, yes, we were up by 6. But what I said is you don't throw the ball 10+ yards down the field on 1st down with 11:05 to go when up 23-10 on the road, you just don't do it. What you do is you go on a time consuming drive by pounding the ball with Jones and Washington who tore the Buffalo defense to shreds yesterday via short passing and running.

After the pick, yes, we were up by 6. But what I said is you don't throw the ball 10+ yards down the field on 1st down with 11:05 to go when up 23-10 on the road, you just don't do it. What you do is you go on a time consuming drive by pounding the ball with Jones and Washington who tore the Buffalo defense to shreds yesterday via short passing and running.

Regardless of playcall. There's absolutely NO excuse for Favre throwing that ball. Stupid, stupid desicion.

Regardless of playcall. There's absolutely NO excuse for Favre throwing that ball. Stupid, stupid desicion.

One on one coverage with defenders in his face, he either tried getting rid of the ball or that JCo would make a play, it sucks, but thats Brett Favre. Get over it and live with it. He will win us games, like he did yesterday along with the Defense, more than he will lose us games.

Please spare me this BS. I was absolutely ****ing roasted for not wanting Favre at the time and he's been average to this point. The D won us the game today, giving up 10 points and scoring another 7. Two weeks in a row Favre has ALMOST cost us the game, and I know we won, which is great but this game is not on Favre. He's been average at best this season.

He's thrown 15 td passes and we're averaging like 27 points per game. Stick to soccer.

I can't believe people are complaining about this guy

He has brought excitement to our team, and these douchebags think we could have done better with Penny of KC

What a joke

I agree as well - shut up everyone we're 5-3 and in first place with a real good shot this year.

He's thrown 15 td passes and we're averaging like 27 points per game. Stick to soccer.

That's because one game absolutely inflates that stat, one of my main problems with Favre is that he's just too inconsistent. To make my point I'd rather have a QB throw 2 TD's per game rather than one who throws 6 TD's every 4 or 5 games. Over the last 4 games Favre has NOT played well, anyone who says he has is delusional.

Also, this site has some serious ****ing issues if you're not allowed to say anything negative about the Jets. It's becoming like ****ing Patsfans.com with you people.

Archived