FRANCHISE RECORD, 7 PRO BOWLERS!!!!

NY JETS 29

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to all the Jets players except Favre. I think even he would admit that he didn't deserve to be selected. Philip Rivers must be pissed.

This has to be the 1st time that the NFL leader in INT's has made the Pro Bowl.

My bet is Favre doesn't show and a reserve takes his spot.

Anyone know who the reserves are?

My bet is Favre doesn't show and a reserve takes his spot.

Anyone know who the reserves are?

I can't seem to find that info. Philips has to be the 1st alternate. He's only leading the AFC in TD's and QB rating. He has better stats than Cutler for goodness sakes.

I can't seem to find that info. Philips has to be the 1st alternate. He's only leading the AFC in TD's and QB rating. He has better stats than Cutler for goodness sakes.

He was a bad snub this year... I would put him and Cassel in over Favre and Cutler...

Who says?

I wasn't aware that there was an instructional manual before I voted..

Winning teams almost always send more

That's true but we are talking about the NFL leader in INTs getting picked over the NFL leader in TDs.

Not to mention that Rivers has 500 more yards passing than Favre on less attempts, averages more yards per completion, has a better QB rating, and most importantly has a +17 TD/INT ratio as opposed to the +4 for Favre.

Who says?

I wasn't aware that there was an instructional manual before I voted..

Winning teams almost always send more

Thats only because bandwagon fans pour out from everywhere and vote... it does not mean the player deserves it..

If Jay Cutler has Brett Favres stats, does he get in?

AFC

Offense

Pos. Starter(s) Reserves

Quarterback Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Brett Favre, New York Jets

Jay Cutler, Denver

Running back Thomas Jones, New York Jets Chris Johnson, Tennessee

Ronnie Brown, Miami

Fullback Le'Ron McClain, Baltimore

Wide receiver Andre Johnson, Houston

Brandon Marshall, Denver Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis

Wes Welker, New England

Tight end Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City Antonio Gates, San Diego

Tackle Joe Thomas, Cleveland

Jason Peters, Buffalo Michael Roos, Tennessee

Guard Alan Faneca, New York Jets

Kris Dielman, San Diego Brian Waters, Kansas City

Center Kevin Mawae, Tennessee Nick Mangold, New York Jets

Defense

Pos. Starter(s) Reserves

Defensive end Mario Williams, Houston

Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis Robert Mathis, Indianapolis

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, Tennessee

Kris Jenkins, New York Jets Shaun Rogers, Cleveland

Outside linebacker James Harrison, Pittsburgh

Joey Porter, Miami Terrell Suggs, Baltimore

Inside linebacker Ray Lewis, Baltimore James Farrior, Pittsburgh

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland

Cortland Finnegan, Tennessee Darrelle Revis, New York Jets

Free safety Ed Reed, Baltimore

Strong safety Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Chris Hope, Tennessee

Special teams

Pos. Starter(s) Reserves

Punter Shane Lechler, Oakland

Placekicker Stephen Gostkowski, New England

Kick returner Leon Washington, New York Jets

Special teamer Brendon Ayanbadejo, Baltimore

Only problem i have is Favre, I'm glad Rhodes was snubbed. If Favre deserved it, Cotch, Coles or Keller would be there too, he's in on name and the record, I hate that crap, but he's ours so LOVE IT! My man,Ye of Strahan flop fame!

Revis will be a fixture, hope Rhodes gets his head out of a$$, Leon can go as a Marshall Faulk,Thurman Thomas,Barry Sanders,Warrick Dunn type. And we can only guess which of those names he most closely describes, it'll take more than one touch.

He is Faulk and Thurman all the way, he can get yards after the catch, yards on a draw, yards on a sweeps and yards up the middle, to go with league leading pro bowl yards on returns.

The most underused weapon in the NFL(or very close).

That's true but we are talking about the NFL leader in INTs getting picked over the NFL leader in TDs.

Not to mention that Rivers has 500 more yards passing than Favre on less attempts, averages more yards per completion, has a better QB rating, and most importantly has a +17 TD/INT ratio as opposed to the +4 for Favre.

Yes but remember these votes were probably cast like 2 weeks ago when Favre was just about tied with Rivers in TD's and playing good ball on what appeared to be a SB contender.

There's no question that Favre's name recognition helped here, but I think we're all being skewed a bit by Favre's miserable play the last 3 weeks. He looked like a pro bowler in NE and TN ;)

Thats only because bandwagon fans pour out from everywhere and vote... it does not mean the player deserves it..

If Jay Cutler has Brett Favres stats, does he get in?

Not the point. I was asking you why you felt you were appointed to set the guidelines for pro bowl selection. I believe team or unit performance should be included for key positions..

Only problem i have is Favre, I'm glad Rhodes was snubbed. If Favre deserved it, Cotch, Coles or Keller would be there too, he's in on name and the record, I hate that crap, but he's ours so LOVE IT! My man,Ye of Strahan flop fame!

Al the fuss about "all star" games--in any sport--is idiotic, but especially in the NFL when they announce the, supposed, best players with two games left in the season. Does that make sense to anybody? I think the players get too wrapped up in it, especially since it means nothing in the consummate team sport: football. The reality is that any player selected to the Pro Bowl gets a nice vacation in Hawaii, and makes more money per his contract, more personal benefits that don't help the team win.

Revis will be a fixture, hope Rhodes gets his head out of a$$, Leon can go as a Marshall Faulk,Thurman Thomas,Barry Sanders,Warrick Dunn type. And we can only guess which of those names he most closely describes, it'll take more than one touch.

He is Faulk and Thurman all the way, he can get yards after the catch, yards on a draw, yards on a sweeps and yards up the middle, to go with league leading pro bowl yards on returns.

The most underused weapon in the NFL(or very close).

Leon is a weapon but those comparisons are flat out crazy. If you want to compare him to a Faulk I would suggest Kevin not Marshall.

Meh Chad got snubbed and I'm sad, but Favre is the one that wears the gang green so I have to support his selection.

Qb's who throw 1 td a game and lead an offense in the bottom quarter of points scored generally don't go to the pro bowl..

Leon is a weapon but those comparisons are flat out crazy. If you want to compare him to a Faulk I would suggest Kevin not Marshall.

The point was, we don't know. If Herm was our coach, Cotchery would be on the practice squad, if Bledsoe wasn't hurt, Brady would be a clipboard holder. catch my drift.

PLEASE don't tell me, that Leon, on turf, along with Bruce, Warner, Holt and the gang couldn't put up big numbers. Sanders, special, i use him for the exact same measurements.

Thurman, easily.Warrick Dunn, better, but we will NEVER know at this rate.You nor I.

Archived