Mother Of All Snow Storms Approaching Michigan

The Gun Of Bavaria

They're predicting 6-12 inches.........................................meaning we'll get 3.

Sort of like Mavrik's girlfriend. Promised 12, got 3. :bwahaharoll:

Will Detroit have enough money to plow and salt the roads is the big question?

Will Detroit have enough money to plow and salt the roads is the big question?

There are plenty of plows, just no employees to drive them.

Also with the national "salt shortage" and the severely reduced budgets here in MI, they're announced that only freeways and important arteries will receive salt.

Ladies and Gentlemen....the 3rd World is here.

People are going to start talking Naomi. :D

I heard that what happens in the Kingsley stays in the Kingsley. :)

As for the "mother of all snow storms," we're supposed to get 8 - 12 inches, but that's only a moderately big storm. When we get three feet, we call it serious.

Got the ice fishing gear all cleaned up and batteries charged.

Bring it!

The worst part of ice fishing, when I used to do it, was walking through ass-deep snow to get to the fishing spots. You probably have a snowmobile, right?

The worst part of ice fishing, when I used to do it, was walking through ass-deep snow to get to the fishing spots. You probably have a snowmobile, right?

There's a shared 4-wheeler in the family. We tie the gear in a train and drag it behind the machine. :)

There's a shared 4-wheeler in the family. We tie the gear in a train and drag it behind the machine. :)

I used to drag my gear on a kids' plastic sled. You've got me thinking about giving it a try, again. Maybe I'll go to a fishing derby, at least.

I used to drag my gear on a kids' plastic sled. You've got me thinking about giving it a try, again. Maybe I'll go to a fishing derby, at least.

the machine makes it easy, and fun.

Add the tent, a propane heater, chili, and Jim Beam, and you've got fun. Occasionally, we fish!

the machine makes it easy, and fun.

Add the tent, a propane heater, chili, and Jim Beam, and you've got fun. Occasionally, we fish!

A fishing buddy of mine had one of those tents. We used it occasionally. No heater, though. Mostly, we just bundled up. We didn't drink the hard stuff, but we never worried about our beer getting warm. Occasionally, it even got slushy. :D

The worst part of ice fishing, when I used to do it, was walking through ass-deep snow to get to the fishing spots.

We used to drive our vehicles out on the ice in Maine and NH. Then get out and start drilling holes. The ice was 2 feet thick in spots and folks would build houses on the islands because you could drive cement/lumber trucks right to the building site.

The caveat is that the ice is thin in spots because there are currents under the ice sort of like a river. Its money well spent to get a map of the lake showing where the channels are.

I never went in, but autos and snowmobiles go in the drink every winter.

1. The local media going batsheet about "The Storm of 2008" nonsense. it's being snowing during thr winter in North America forever.

Calm the eff down. Snow is not news.

It snowed last winter,and every winter before that; it will snow this winter. And every winter after this one too.

2. The little old ladies will be attacking your local supermarket and cleaning them out of bread, eggs and milk. Is there some law that snowstorms require old people to make french toast?

as me, Rillo, Lil Mick, NIGHTSTALKER, Jetfan13 and the rest of the Florida contingent are sitting here wondering should we or shouldn't we close up and put the air on or not since it's around 80 now...

LOL, I just put on the air, however I do miss the snow and the cold weather around this time...

Hey GOB, aren't you glad your trip here was last weekend? If it were this weekend, you'd be sleeping at the airport, waiting for your flight.

Oh wait, you wouldn't sleep if your airport has a Dunkin Donuts in it!

Don't you have any scaffolding to go climb in this snowstorm? :lol:

If this was exactly one week ago, I wouldn't even be leaving my house for the airport. It's bad out there....this thing is for real.

Archived