having a hard time hating the dolphins.

JerryK

I think what it boils down to is if you have two similar teams, with similar strengths, it's who has the better players/more experienced in those positions. Advantage goes to the Ravens. Plus we all know what could happen if the Ravens go up by 2 TD's early.

On the defensive side these teams are not similar. Miami defense has cooled off IMO, and they don't have Ed Reed. Flacco is a rookie yes, but I think the defense will win this game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you kidding me!?

here are my rankings for who I want to win the SuperBowl:

1. Panthers

2. Atlanta

3. Arizona

4. Titans

5. Ravens

6. Eagles

7. Vikings

8. Chargers

9. Colts

10. Steelers

11. Giants

12. Miami

Fairly close to mine.

1. Eagles

2. Panthers

3. Falcons

4. Cardinals

5. Colts

6. Ravens

7. Vikings

8. Titans

9. Chargers

10. Steelers

11. Giants

12. Miami

Lol, Hey I might actually get paid since you're done funding the War on Christmas ;)

I think you missed my question about the coordinators, here it is again:

Question, which coordinator do you want, and why has Rex Ryan never landed a gig? Is it the Marvin Lewis stink?

I don't think it isn't so much that he has "never landed a gig," more than it is he is just going through the natural progression and it is his time to start interviewing for head coaching jobs now.

He has been with the Ravens for 8 years, this was his 4th as Defensive Coordinator and he did get to interview for their vacant head coaching job last offseason. Stories like Mangini (1 year Coordinator and then head coach) is the EXCEPTION as you know, not the norm. This is his 4th year as a successful coordinator and now is about the time head coaching interviews and opportunities start coming his way.

Why not start with us? (at least by interviewing I mean)

The dolphins defense has become quite adept at hold teams under 17. If they do that, the Phins will have a shot and they've been winning a lot of close game this season.

Make no mistake, I don't think it's likely, but if Chad plays conservative and the Wildcat opens up a big play or two while the defense shuts downs Flacco, I wouldn't say that qualifies as moving Chad into the elite ranks..

Correct but it would it would mean he ran the game plan which is what his job is.

Dolphins 20-17.

Lol, Hey I might actually get paid since you're done funding the War on Christmas ;)

I think you missed my question about the coordinators, here it is again:

Question, which coordinator do you want, and why has Rex Ryan never landed a gig? Is it the Marvin Lewis stink?

1. Spags. He's going to be awesome. Really.

2. I think he had a legit shot at the Baltimore gig last year, but I think it was a combination of a few things. Harbaugh just out-interviewed him (which is totally understandable when you hear him discuss the game), plus Ozzie didn't want to enable the players to have that much of an influence on FO decisions, as the players wanted him badly and made it well known to management, which is a pretty reasonable business strategy. Bisciotti's a corporate-type owner and Rex is the exact opposite of that (he's not a talker nor one for appearances), and also they wanted to bring in someone who was a bit more disciplined rather than someone who lets his players do as they please on the field. I have to admit, it was definitely an odd decision since A) He was more experienced than Harbaugh, and B) They seemed to be grooming him for the job for quite some time. However, it was understandable.

I think it's a combination of the fact that he's still young and it was always assumed that he'd get the Baltimore gig.

I think what it boils down to is if you have two similar teams, with similar strengths, it's who has the better players/more experienced in those positions. Advantage goes to the Ravens. Plus we all know what could happen if the Ravens go up by 2 TD's early.

Same offer. 1 billion dollars, and I'll even give you 1000/1 odds.

1. Spags. He's going to be awesome. Really.

2. I think he had a legit shot at the Baltimore gig last year, but I think it was a combination of a few things. Harbaugh just out-interviewed him (which is totally understandable when you hear him discuss the game), plus Ozzie didn't want to enable the players to have that much of an influence on FO decisions, as the players wanted him badly and made it well known to management, which is a pretty reasonable business strategy. Bisciotti's a corporate-type owner and Rex is the exact opposite of that (he's not a talker nor one for appearances), and also they wanted to bring in someone who was a bit more disciplined rather than someone who lets his players do as they please on the field. I have to admit, it was definitely an odd decision since A) He was more experienced than Harbaugh, and B) They seemed to be grooming him for the job for quite some time. However, it was understandable.

I think it's a combination of the fact that he's still young and it was always assumed that he'd get the Baltimore gig.

Thanks, good informtaiton. I was pretty surprised when Harbaugh got the job over Ryan last year and just assumed it meant the guy wasn't a good fit at HC. Agree with Spags. Someone mentioned the other day that Strahan said something about wanting to come back just to play for him, that's a pretty strong endorsement as far as I'm concerned.

Now that Cowher is out of the picture, I'm hoping for SPags or Ryan, none of the other guys interest me all that much..

Thanks, good informtaiton. I was pretty surprised when Harbaugh got the job over Ryan last year and just assumed it meant the guy wasn't a good fit at HC. Agree with Spags. Someone mentioned the other day that Strahan said something about wanting to come back just to play for him, that's a pretty strong endorsement as far as I'm concerned.

Now that Cowher is out of the picture, I'm hoping for SPags or Ryan, none of the other guys interest me all that much..

Thing is with Spags is he's had 2 full seasons as a DC, was he an assistant DC for Jim Johnson in Philly or was he a position coach?

I think the Dolphins have a shot against Baltimore but if they win and then have to go on the road they are a dead team walking.

And then everyone will start with the "I told you Chad couldn't win".

When the team wins the QB gets too much of the credit.

When the team loses the QB gets too much of the blame.

This will get me flamed, but in an odd way I'm sorta happy for them.

They didn't push us out of the playoffs, we failed to win...and we failed to win games we should have won. Games that were not against the Dolphins.

And they denied the Patriots a postseason. How can you not love that?

Chad won't be a Superbowl QB, but he's capable on a team that doesn't need to hoist 40-yd passes. Glad to see he has a gig and that his career isn't over. With a little luck they'll make it all the way to the Indy game.

Go **** yourself you mother-less-****. Move your monkey ass to S Florida and deal with jerk off Fin fans all year long and then say that and now to top it off deal with jerk off Fin fans who never even watch the ****ing Fins unless the scumbags are in the playoffs or happen to beat the Jets. I've heard more **** over the last few days then I've ever heard since moving to FL. I want them to lose so bad that by the 3rd quarter Baltimore has all their second string in. As **** as Chad goes **** the little ****, I could careless if he ****ing dies on the field.

Go **** yourself you mother-less-****. Move your monkey ass to S Florida and deal with jerk off Fin fans all year long and then say that and now to top it off deal with jerk off Fin fans who never even watch the ****ing Fins unless the scumbags are in the playoffs or happen to beat the Jets. I've heard more **** over the last few days then I've ever heard since moving to FL. I want them to lose so bad that by the 3rd quarter Baltimore has all their second string in. As **** as Chad goes **** the little ****, I could careless if he ****ing dies on the field.

No but seriously, how do you feel about all of this?

:D

The dolphins defense has become quite adept at hold teams under 17. If they do that, the Phins will have a shot and they've been winning a lot of close game this season.

The Dolphins haven't held an offense ranked in the top half of the league under 17 points since Week 5 against San Diego.

Baltimore ranked 11th in PPG (24.1) and played half of their games against defenses ranked in the top 10 in scoring.

Miami ranked 21st in PPG (21.6) and played half of their games against defenses ranked in the bottom 10 in scoring.

I actually pity them. They've been duped into believing they now have one of the best QB's in the league due to the stat-sheet and playoff berth. Poor, poor Dolphins fans. Been there.

You mean like we were duped into believing we had one of the best QBs in the league this year?

That makes no sesnse.

No.

Sense.

At.

All.

That's because you don't have the capacity to comprehend it. It can't get any worse for us. The Jets are already out of it, at this point we've all accepted it and are past it now. The Dolphins on the other hand, are still in a position to make things much worse. Making it worse is their fans who have deluded themselves into thinking way more of their team and most certainly their QB than is possibly true. What truly waits in story is a crash back to reality that will no doubt be followed with an endless list of excuses for why it happened and how its not your choking QBs fault. Trust us, we've been there many times before. It only gets worse for you guys from here on out.

That's because you don't have the capacity to comprehend it. It can't get any worse for us. The Jets are already out of it, at this point we've all accepted it and are past it now. The Dolphins on the other hand, are still in a position to make things much worse. Making it worse is their fans who have deluded themselves into thinking way more of their team and most certainly their QB than is possibly true. What truly waits in story is a crash back to reality that will no doubt be followed with an endless list of excuses for why it happened and how its not your choking QBs fault. Trust us, we've been there many times before. It only gets worse for you guys from here on out.

For reference, please see:

January 12th, 2003

January 15th, 2005

I've been avoiding this thread like the plague, but damn if I don't have to give my 2 cents on this matter.

The reason, my friend, that Miami won't suffer a serious letdown and come "crashing back to reality" is because, WE WE'RE THERE LAST YEAR! We were 1 lucky play away from being 0-16, actually 1 lucky play and an incredibly stupid call by Brian Billick kept us from going 0-16. Fast forward to the beginning of the season, the biggest optimists on TV, in Miami and in the NFL had us winning a MAX of 6 games. Maximum 6 wins, and all of us would have been happy to take the 6 wins and the thought of being better next year, and that's the truth. Now, today, right now, we have won the division, swept the Bills, blown out NE in Foxboro and beat the hated Jets in week 17 in Giants Stadium to take the division crown, after winning 9 of our last 10 games to EARN our entry into the playoffs as the #3 seed.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, thought the above was possible. Not even the biggest Homer could believe the way our season has played out. So when we play Baltimore on Sunday, win or lose, us Miami fans will walk away from our season with our heads held high, because what our team has done so far, only happens in fairy tails. Having gone through, damn near, the worst season ever, we have had as much joy and adulation as we need.

So you say it will be nice to watch Miami fans "crash back to reality" and "suffer heart ache" and have a "list of excuses" for why we lost, I say we won't. At this point in the season, I am so confident in the TEAMS abilty to play football, that if we lose a game, it's because the other team was truly better than us, not because WE lost the game due to being a bad team.

This has already been one of the best seasons I've ever experienced as a Dolphin fan and if we lose on Sunday, so be it, but I will still walk away smiling, with my head held high and a crisp, brand new grey AFC East Divisional Champion hat.

I've been avoiding this thread like the plague, but damn if I don't have to give my 2 cents on this matter.

The reason, my friend, that Miami won't suffer a serious letdown and come "crashing back to reality" is because, WE WE'RE THERE LAST YEAR! We were 1 lucky play away from being 0-16, actually 1 lucky play and an incredibly stupid call by Brian Billick kept us from going 0-16. Fast forward to the beginning of the season, the biggest optimists on TV, in Miami and in the NFL had us winning a MAX of 6 games. Maximum 6 wins, and all of us would have been happy to take the 6 wins and the thought of being better next year, and that's the truth. Now, today, right now, we have won the division, swept the Bills, blown out NE in Foxboro and beat the hated Jets in week 17 in Giants Stadium to take the division crown, after winning 9 of our last 10 games to EARN our entry into the playoffs as the #3 seed.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, thought the above was possible. Not even the biggest Homer could believe the way our season has played out. So when we play Baltimore on Sunday, win or lose, us Miami fans will walk away from our season with our heads held high, because what our team has done so far, only happens in fairy tails. Having gone through, damn near, the worst season ever, we have had as much joy and adulation as we need.

So you say it will be nice to watch Miami fans "crash back to reality" and "suffer heart ache" and have a "list of excuses" for why we lost, I say we won't. At this point in the season, I am so confident in the TEAMS abilty to play football, that if we lose a game, it's because the other team was truly better than us, not because WE lost the game due to being a bad team.

This has already been one of the best seasons I've ever experienced as a Dolphin fan and if we lose on Sunday, so be it, but I will still walk away smiling, with my head held high and a crisp, brand new grey AFC East Divisional Champion hat.

.......You still suck.

Piss off

I knew this kind of response was coming and I'm sure you believe it, hell after last season most Jets fans would've been happy if they were told the Jets would finish the season 9-7. And while you think its relevant that the Phins were awful last year, it doesn't really matter anymore. You think its great, but right now Dolphins fans are riding how and the media is all over their jock. But if Chad has one of his trademark god-awful performances against a good defense in a high pressure game, its still going to hurt.

You can try to convince yourself it won't and that you'll still be happy, but there's nothing that will take that sting away as you watch it happen. And the worst part, is that you'll probably still delude yourself about Chad, just like you have this season despite the fact that I'm sure you know better after seeing all of those years of him with the Jets, and you'll allow him to do it to you again. Trust us, take it from people who know, when you're watching everything fall apart before your eyes, no thoughts of a 1-15 2007 Dolphins team will make you feel any better about it.

I actually pity them. They've been duped into believing they now have one of the best QB's in the league due to the stat-sheet and playoff berth. Poor, poor Dolphins fans. Been there.

please...worry about us dude. we got cap hell issues with all these damn over paid FAs. An owner who really screwed us. No coach.No QB. No direction. You fell sorry for them cause they broke a record for fewest turn overs ever...and are hosting a play-off game.

plus they have a rocket arm rookie slinger ready to pounce if noodles flakes out. gimme some of what ur drinkin! when we get a coach, a qb, and a direction... thn i'll start worryin bout other gay teams.

I knew this kind of response was coming and I'm sure you believe it, hell after last season most Jets fans would've been happy if they were told the Jets would finish the season 9-7. And while you think its relevant that the Phins were awful last year, it doesn't really matter anymore. You think its great, but right now Dolphins fans are riding how and the media is all over their jock. But if Chad has one of his trademark god-awful performances against a good defense in a high pressure game, its still going to hurt.

You can try to convince yourself it won't and that you'll still be happy, but there's nothing that will take that sting away as you watch it happen. And the worst part, is that you'll probably still delude yourself about Chad, just like you have this season despite the fact that I'm sure you know better after seeing all of those years of him with the Jets, and you'll allow him to do it to you again. Trust us, take it from people who know, when you're watching everything fall apart before your eyes, no thoughts of a 1-15 2007 Dolphins team will make you feel any better about it.

It's very possible that I'm not nearly as jaded, down trodden and miserable as you. I'll be just fine if we lose.

It's very possible that I'm not nearly as jaded, down trodden and miserable as you. I'll be just fine if we lose.

Perhaps, but the loss will only be the beginning of the misery. Followed by an undoubted request from Chad for a new contract, then a Chad "odd year" and well... I'll let the rest be a surprise.

Archived