**A-Rod Tested Positive For Steroids In 2003** [Merged 3X]

Lil Bit Special

A-Rod is probably, in reality a 40 home run guy a year.

Fantastic numbers for the position he played early in his career, and by old standards HOF worthy.

You wonder where the numbers came from in '05 and '07 now.

Even worse in this story is the news of Gene Orza leaking to players (including A-Rod) when they would be tested.

Which if true means the players including ARod continued to use in 2004.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't ARod deny Canseco's claims?.....come on plenty of players have lied about this.

It was just easier to hate Bonds b4 Yankee and othe big names came out.

MLB Channel (which you have to give credit have come down hard on this story) played a Couric interview with A-Rod, which watching him lie now, is painful.

Didn't ARod deny Canseco's claims?.....come on plenty of players have lied about this.

It was just easier to hate Bonds b4 Yankee and othe big names came out.

Lying to the media is different then lying under oath.

One makes you a scumbag, the other makes you a criminal.

+1, that's the only difference.

How disappointing. I was so excited for Spring Training, and now I just have a sickening feeling in my stomach. You know this is going to be a huge distraction for months, and A-Rod - who already is not that well-liked - is going to be public enemy number 1 for the entire season.

Rodriguez tested positive for Primobolan and testosterone while with the Rangers

Under the 2003 survey testing, there were no penalties for a positive test

Rodriguez was one of 104 players who tested positive that year

I am sure there are plenty of high profile guys from a lot of teams if the sample the tested from had 104 players test positive. Just another example of how poorly Bud Selig (and his 18 million dollar salary) handled this era of baseball. I bet there are plenty of players from every team on the list. Probably some that would break the hearts of some fans. It now appears everyone did it.

And we'll all still watch the 2009 season with great anticipation.

It these tests wer supposed to stay confidental, A-rod could end up getting a serious judgment agaisnt Seling and MLB if he loses any endorsements.

I have no sympathy for A-rod, but if anyone thinks he was the only big star, you're batsheet crazy.

Selig is such a gaping a-hole it's remarkable he can get out of bed. He allows this test to be released as to the 2 most prominent players and no one else. So we have Bonds and A-rod and 102 unnnamed guys out of rosters of 725+. How is that?Is David Ortiz, who experienced an unprecedented late career trunwround at that time, on there? Why would you devalue these 2 guys and your game? But Selig had no problem banking cash in 1998 with Sosa and McGwire.

What a total dick Selig is.

ok in 2003 and its reported now? cmon give me a break people are just jealous of arod and everyone wants to hate him so they make up stuff..

until i see the actually report with the 100 or so people on it then thats when i will beleive it.

also for the record bonds didnt do roids he did hgh which imo its alot worse

It these tests wer supposed to stay confidental, A-rod could end up getting a serious judgment agaisnt Seling and MLB if he loses any endorsements.

I have no sympathy for A-rod, but if anyone thinks he was the only big star, you're batsheet crazy.

Selig is such a gaping a-hole it's remarkable he can get out of bed. He allows this test to be released as to the 2 most prominent players and no one else. So we have Bonds and A-rod and 102 unnnamed guys out of rosters of 725+. How is that?Is David Ortiz, who experienced an unprecedented late career trunwround at that time, on there? Why would you devalue these 2 guys and your game? But Selig had no problem banking cash in 1998 with Sosa and McGwire.

What a total dick Selig is.

Records were seized by the Feds.

There is no one saying that it was MLB that released this.

ok in 2003 and its reported now? cmon give me a break people are just jealous of arod and everyone wants to hate him so they make up stuff..

until i see the actually report with the 100 or so people on it then thats when i will beleive it.

IDK about the making stuff up part, he tested positive and was aware of it also....

Really not getting the story here, are you?

These records were meant to stay confidential. Feds seized records in the Bonds case, along with others.

As things happens, something gets leaked. Usually with a purpose.

You can be sure the positive tests exist. SI does not go with stories that are not strongly tied to the truth.

Wow....

head_in_sand.jpg

Really not getting the story here, are you?

These records were meant to stay confidential. Feds seized records in the Bonds case, along with others.

As things happens, something gets leaked. Usually with a purpose.

You can be sure the positive tests exist. SI does not go with stories that are not strongly tied to the truth.

No i get what it was saying.If roids was suppose to be so bad then why is Selig hiding stuff? we shouldve heard of this stuff in 2003 when it happened. someone has to goto prison for this I dont know how it could happen but it has too.MLB is corrupt. Did the team owners know about this? If so how come this players are still signed to huge contracts? How is Selig still commish?

No i get what it was saying.If roids was suppose to be so bad then why is Selig hiding stuff? we shouldve heard of this stuff in 2003 when it happened. someone has to goto prison for this I dont know how it could happen but it has too.MLB is corrupt. Did the team owners know about this? If so how come this players are still signed to huge contracts? How is Selig still commish?

Money, money, money. Same thing with the NBA and their ref scandals and the NFL with 'spygate'.

Records were seized by the Feds.

There is no one saying that it was MLB that released this.

These tests were done voluntarily in agreement between MLB and the Players' Association with the provision that they would never be released. As to Bonds, they were subpeonaed, so there's no real way to not release that. But Rodrigueez is not a criminal defendant in that case, so the subpeona doesn't allow for that information to be released from thr general public. Again, out of 104 players who tested positive, 2 are known.

Bonds is a criminal defendant and his tests were ordered to be released by a federal judge. Done, finished, that's how the courts work.

A-rod is the only other; he's not a criminal defendant, and the subpeona didn't name him as a target.

Anyone want to explain why of the 103 other players so involved Selig's crack baseball people release(leaked) 1 player's name? That's not right, period.

So if your boss dislikes you and has some embarrassing but confidential stuff in your personnel file , it's okay to release it, but he should then keep everyone else's file sealed. And if you change the name of that one player to David Oritz or Carlos Delgado-guys I genuinely think cheated and personally hate-it would still be wrong to release their names unless you're going to release it all.

The deal that mlb worked with the players union was that they would test in 2003, and if more than 5% of the players turned up dirty, mlb could impose league wide policies.

The deal was that mlb would keep the records confidential. Well, the Feds have stepped into this also, so there is no telling who leaked what. It does not have to be Selig or baseball, and you would bet that they WOULDN'T want this leaked.

i'm surprised:D

Im just happy it was back in 2003 when he was with the Rangers and not when he was a Yankee.

Im not surprised, atleast it wasnt HGH. baseball is a dirty sport, majority of the players are juicing,. why is everyone shocked? Oh because it's A-Rod and the Yankees.

Im just happy it was back in 2003 when he was with the Rangers and not when he was a Yankee.

Im not surprised, atleast it wasnt HGH. baseball is a dirty sport, majority of the players are juicing,. why is everyone shocked? Oh because it's A-Rod and the Yankees.

What does it matter when he did it? He did it and it tarnishes everything and every team in the majors. It's a freaking disgrace.

What does it matter when he did it? He did it and it tarnishes everything and every team in the majors. It's a freaking disgrace.

A-Rod isnt the only one. He alone can't tarnish an entire sport. If they are going to expose A-Rod they should expose everyone else.

I just heard the news and I wish I could say that I'm shocked. My question is who leaked ARod's name to the press? There are more than 100 other names on the list and I'm sure there are other "big names." Why was ARod the only name leaked? Hopefully the entire list will be released and all those who tested positive will be outed.

This is a big story and it is going to distract ARod all year long. Just what the Yankees didn't need.

Archived