Kellen Clemens Interview TODAY

jetsrule128

I wanna see these kids behind this line. Clemens never got a fair shake so I don't understand all the hate by some people.

Short, happy feet, and complete failure in last year's TC and preseason when he had a golden opportunity to take over this team once and for all.

Short, happy feet, and complete failure in last year's TC and preseason when he had a golden opportunity to take over this team once and for all.

Agree with that BUT I still think he should get a shot with a good OL.

A good OL can make an average QB good and a bad one can make a good QB look like ****.

BZ

I repeat... I wanna see these kids behind this line. Clemens never got a fair shake so I don't understand all the hate by some people.

He had a chance all ofseason behind them to prove himself... instead the JETS went after an AARP has been.

He had a chance all ofseason behind them to prove himself... instead the JETS went after an AARP has been.

That was a move to sell PSL's by our bonehead owner. I still wanna see this kid, I'm not saying he's gonna be great but I'm sure he can manage the game and might even be a good QB. He's better than what a lot of people think. We need to give him a big WR besides Keller. He will be fine.

That was a move to sell PSL's by our bonehead owner. I still wanna see this kid, I'm not saying he's gonna be great but I'm sure he can manage the game and might even be a good QB. He's better than what a lot of people think. We need to give him a big WR besides Keller. He will be fine.

He is short and dumps it like Chad (most likely learned it from Chad) Ratliff has poise in the pocket and has the confidence to stand in there and wait for a play to develop...

He is short and dumps it like Chad (most likely learned it from Chad) Ratliff has poise in the pocket and has the confidence to stand in there and wait for a play to develop...

Dude,

You are riding Ratliff's jock H-A-R-D today. Get his nuts off your chin, step back for a second and join the real world.

I've never seen anyone slobber over a player due to some preseason performances the way you are with Ratliff.

Clemens had just as good of a preseason in 2007, give his c0ck some love while you're down there.

Hey, I have no problem at all with Ratliff. If he wins the job I'll be as excited as I've ever been for the start of a season, I really love his upside. But I really think Clemens gets a bum rap around here. He's better than people think he is. I really believe that.

That's the reason why I'm down on Clemens.

He had the perfect opportunity to be a starter in the NFL. The Jets were practically giving him the job in a competition with Chad but Clemens seemed as if he was trying to out-CPF Chad rather than play to his strengths.

Make no mistake, Clemens had a great opportunity to be an NFL starter and get a big contract but he blew it. If he had excelled last year in TC the Jets would never have pursued Favre.

That's the reason why I'm down on Clemens.

He had the perfect opportunity to be a starter in the NFL. The Jets were practically giving him the job in a competition with Chad but Clemens seemed as if he was trying to out-CPF Chad rather than play to his strengths.

Make no mistake, Clemens had a great opportunity to be an NFL starter and get a big contract but he blew it. If he had excelled last year in TC the Jets would never have pursued Favre.

Exactly. Good QB's seize their opportunities when they get them. Clemens folded like a cheap suit last offseason, and this was with a revamped OL and heading into his 3rd year in the same offensive system.

It would be one thing if Clemens has been impressive in practice and TC, but from everything I have read, he is inconsistent at best and doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in this league.

Dude,

You are riding Ratliff's jock H-A-R-D today. Get his nuts off your chin, step back for a second and join the real world.

I've never seen anyone slobber over a player due to some preseason performances the way you are with Ratliff.

Clemens had just as good of a preseason in 2007, give his c0ck some love while you're down there.

Wow. That's gold Jerry, GOLD!!

bania2.jpg

Ratliff has poise in the pocket and has the confidence to stand in there and wait for a play to develop...

Playing in the preseason against vanilla defenses? EY had a breakdown of Ratliff's performance in the preseason. I suggest you read it.

Your man love for Ratliff is out of control.

I wanna see these kids behind this line. Clemens never got a fair shake so I don't understand all the hate by some people.

I agree 1,000%. If Ratliff performs better in pre-season, let's go with him. I think Clemens is capable of doing it, he looks like a QB and is smart in his decision making and throws harder than CHAD (for that poster out there proposing to bring back Chad......UGHHH!! Shoot yourself!). I just think our priorities need to be elsewhere, most specifically on our DEFENSE. I think we need to pursue whomever most talented with this $13 Million Cash Dumped in our laps (THANKS FAVRE!).

LET"S DO IT!!!! IN REX WE BELIEVE!!!

wow... he sounds like a lot less of a pansy then when CHad was here. Maybe Chad's estrogen was rubbing off on him too much.

those who remember, last year during camp I commented on this about Kellen, Chad sounded like he wanted to win the job and anything less was a failure, Kellen sound like he was just golly gee gosh happy to be competing with such a fine, upstanding human being as Chad...

There's a determination in that interview that WAS NOT present last year. Good.

Agree with that BUT I still think he should get a shot with a good OL.

A good OL can make an average QB good and a bad one can make a good QB look like ****.

BZ

Very true. I want both kids to compete with the 1st unit. Let's see what they have.

everyone keeps saying ratliff only did so great cos he was playing 3rd stringers in the preseason.

He kicked arse in preseason. Oh and Clemens played against the same people.

so clemens sucked against 3rd stringers! and he's better? think about it!

K.Clemens had half a season to show the Jets something, and he failed to do so. Clemens played worse than any Jets QB have I ever seen down the stretch in '07.

Ok let's remember he had a horrible line that year, and NO running game help. And with that being said, if McCarreins makes a damn catch against Balt. and we complete that comeback against Cleveland where our D decided not to show up, he would have gone 5-3 as a starter. I think Clemens played like most 1st year quarterbacks would have played. You act like every QB steps in and plays like a HOF in their first year. Not saying he should def. be our starter next year, but he def. deserves a chance with this line and a better running game. Be nice to get him, or Ratliff, a true #1 receiver to help out too.

the thing i dont like about Clemens is that he doesnt do a great job of moving around in the pocket and avoiding the pass rush. Thats something that stood out to me in the preseason with Ratliff. Ratliff seemed to have an awreness and presence in the pocket during his limited time. That is something that shouldnt be underestimated and I think that is part of what a lot of Ratliff fans are excited about. I saw Clemens during the 07 preseason and I thought he looked very good, but this past preseason Ratliff stood out to me as having this "it" factor. When I say that I mean he just seemed to come up big. Its a small sample size and he was playing with and against back up players but I still came away as impressed as Ive ever been with a preseason performance by a Jets QB. At this point I just really want to see Ratliff get a shot to compete for the starting job. If he blows it then so be it, but at least we can say he had an honest chance

I think it's going to become very clear this year that Clemens is not in the team's long term plans. The writing is already on the wall folks.

The teams actions last year showed very little confidence in Clemens. He was a 2nd round draft pick and going into his third year in the same offensive system. The team put him in competition with a benched QB, drafted a developmental QB, and traded for Favre. This is not what a team does when they feel they already have their future QB on the roster.

The team sees these players perform on a daily basis, and Clemens has done very little to establish himself. He's destined to be a career backup. He's a solid fall back option if the starter goes down, but he's not the type of player you build your team around.

Dude,

:rl::rl::rl:

Archived