David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez, Vlad Guerrero and others linked to steroids trainer

Morrissey

http://nybaseballdigest.com/

Buried in today’s Daily News article linking A-Rod to Angel Presinal, the steroid-tainted trainer, is news that Red Sox slugger David Ortiz and pitcher Pedro Martinez have also been linked to the unsavory figure that has been banned from all MLB clubhouses.

The article tells us: “Presinal has worked with some of the game’s biggest stars: Juan Gonzalez, Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Vladimir Guerrero, Bartolo Colon, Miguel Tejada, Adrian Beltre, Moises Alou, Jose Guillen, Ervin Santana, Ruben Sierra, Francisco Cordero, Jose Mesa and Juan Guzman, among others. ”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2009/02/19/2009-02-19_arods_pal_the_tainted_trainer_steroidlin.html?page=1

In addition to A-Rod, Presinal has worked with some of the game's biggest stars: Juan Gonzalez, Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Vladimir Guerrero, Bartolo Colon, Miguel Tejada, Adrian Beltre, Moises Alou, Jose Guillen, Ervin Santana, Ruben Sierra, Francisco Cordero, Jose Mesa and Juan Guzman, among others.

A-Rod is going to bring down the game...

All this clown had to do was say "I screwed up, I take 100% responsbility for my actions, and I'm very sorry. and you know what. We would have accepted it. We all aren't perfect. (Except for Red Sox fans of course)

Instead he gave us some stupid story about being young and ignorant and some "cousin".

Young and Ignorant is being 14 or 15 and getting nailed with drugs. 26 or 27 ? Sorry I'm just not buying it.

Did he honestly think that the media was going to buy this ? Instead he just sent them off digging deeper to see if A-Rod was lying again.

Guess what ? He was.

Why anyone is shocked by any of this any more is amazing.

Remember a couple years back when a report came out speculating that something like 80-90% of the Latino players had at least tried steroids? It was part of the culture of Caribbean baseball at the time. It's what "got you off the island".

And as many in the other thread pointed out, Ortiz is the most obvious user this side of Bonds. But the chowds still won't believe it.

And as many in the other thread pointed out, Ortiz is the most obvious user this side of Bonds. But the chowds still won't believe it.

It's only obvious to Yankee fans, who are trying to deflect the steroid talk to their most hated rival.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, though. The only thing that is obvious is that no one is above suspicion.

Anyone who looks at the early Minnesota Ortiz and then the later Red Sox Ortiz has to think steroids. It could just be growth - or growth hormones. LOL! But Pedro? I think he is one of the most amazing pitchers I have ever seen. I actually met him once. He was what - 5'8" and 150lbs? I suppose steriods can explain the heat his small frame threw - but he was small. A little man. Aren't 'roids supposed to make you bigger?

Anyone who looks at the early Minnesota Ortiz and then the later Red Sox Ortiz has to think steroids. It could just be growth - or growth hormones. LOL! But Pedro? I think he is one of the most amazing pitchers I have ever seen. I actually met him once. He was what - 5'8" and 150lbs? I suppose steriods can explain the heat his small frame threw - but he was small. A little man. Aren't 'roids supposed to make you bigger?

Brian Roberts admitted to taking steroids, size has nothing to do with it.

I don't think most people know what steroids are or what they do. People think it is just some magic juice that makes you hit a ball further or throw faster. It's funny. If I took the most powerful steroids in the world for years I would still suck at baseball.

I don't think most people know what steroids are or what they do. People think it is just some magic juice that makes you hit a ball further or throw faster. It's funny. If I took the most powerful steroids in the world for years I would still suck at baseball.

You make a good point, I don't think these PED make anyone better, it just helps them play everyday, come back from small injuries, ect. Steroids does not help you hit the ball.

It's only obvious to Yankee fans, who are trying to deflect the steroid talk to their most hated rival.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, though. The only thing that is obvious is that no one is above suspicion.

Or anyone with eyes.:rolleyes:

And no deflection needed. Any reasonable person knows that steroids was a problem widespread across baseball. Only Yankee haters think it was solely a Yankee issue.

A-Rod is going to bring down the game...

All this clown had to do was say "I screwed up, I take 100% responsbility for my actions, and I'm very sorry. and you know what. We would have accepted it. We all aren't perfect. (Except for Red Sox fans of course)

Instead he gave us some stupid story about being young and ignorant and some "cousin".

Young and Ignorant is being 14 or 15 and getting nailed with drugs. 26 or 27 ? Sorry I'm just not buying it.

Did he honestly think that the media was going to buy this ? Instead he just sent them off digging deeper to see if A-Rod was lying again.

Guess what ? He was.

NONSENSE. BULLPSPIT. HORSEFEATHERS.

Who elected the media to be...anything?

Further bad news- Santa and the Easter Bunny are nonsense too. The Tooth Fairy is fiction too. And your girlfriend, sister,daughter and wife might not have been raised in a convent until they were 22.

Unless you agree with the sentence "Shawn Merriman is going to bring down the NFL". Or "PED-Using Athlete is going to bring down his sport"Or "A-rod is the bane of western civilatization". .And I don't.

If you do,stop watching. Thanks for coming and don't let the door hit you in the posterior. Or get a hold of yourself.

Look, they are all doing it in one form or another.

This story is being driven by the media, and that's the same media that sold us this boy messiah president who's never run a paper route. And had said media spent a fraction as much time discussing imbecilic mortgages pushed by all thes scumbag politicians over the last decade we might not be in this mess.

But A-rod is so much easier. No math, one villian, no heavy lifting. And Florida loacales on expense account budgets during winter. A good deal as opposed to having Barney Frank spittle on you in freezing Washington winter.And then you would be called a racist homophobe for merely asking a simple sensible question. And there's no easy parking in DC.

You make a good point, I don't think these PED make anyone better, it just helps them play everyday, come back from small injuries, ect. Steroids does not help you hit the ball.

.....but wouldn't it make you hit it further? I may be way off here - but I thought steroids made you stronger??? Do you think Bonds would have hit as many home runs without PED's? Serious question.

That isn't what people say steroids do for you. Obviously, these are guys that already have the hand/eye coordination, vision, bat speed/swing, balance etc. etc. to hit a baseball.

In addition to the injury stuff you mention, steroids build muscle mass. More muscle mass (in the right places and utilixed correctly) can enhance the abilities these guys already have. It can certainly increase bat speed. Or arm speed, leg drive, hip rotation, all those things that make them major league hitters and pitchers.

The guy that posted above you, that's just silly concept. You could take all the steroids in the world and still suck at baseball because you suck at baseball. You don't have the other innate abilities that these guys have that can be upgraded with PED's.

That isn't what people say steroids do for you. Obviously, these are guys that already have the hand/eye coordination, vision, bat speed/swing, balance etc. etc. to hit a baseball.

In addition to the injury stuff you mention, steroids build muscle mass. More muscle mass (in the right places and utilixed correctly) can enhance the abilities these guys already have. It can certainly increase bat speed. Or arm speed, leg drive, hip rotation, all those things that make them major league hitters and pitchers.

The guy that posted above you, that's just silly concept. You could take all the steroids in the world and still suck at baseball because you suck at baseball. You don't have the other innate abilities that these guys have that can be upgraded with PED's.

Do you take steroids Guido? You seem to know a lot about them.

;)

Working with that trainer does not automatically equal doing steroids. That's an assumption.

The trainer though had been barred from MLB clubhouses and players were told that he was bad news.

Bugg: That story A-Rod told has so many holes in it if you didn't go and dig a little deeper than you weren't doing your job as a member of the media.

If A-Rod had handled this the same way Pettitte did or even Charles Barkley with his recent DU, "I screwed up and I take 100% percent responsibility for my actions and I'm sorry" This ends. If the media decided that wasn't enough then I could see what you are saying. But even a knucklehead like myself could see through the BS that A-Rod was spewing at that press conference.

A-Rod got caught. He should own up to it. Now all of a sudden guys like Pedro, Vlad, Ortiz are going to have to answer questions and are brought into a mess that A-Rod started.

A-Rod got caught. He should own up to it. Now all of a sudden guys like Pedro, Vlad, Ortiz are going to have to answer questions and are brought into a mess that A-Rod started.

Why would Pedro, Vlad, and Ortiz having to answer questions "bring down the game?"

The trainer though had been barred from MLB clubhouses and players were told that he was bad news.

Bugg: That story A-Rod told has so many holes in it if you didn't go and dig a little deeper than you weren't doing your job as a member of the media.

If A-Rod had handled this the same way Pettitte did or even Charles Barkley with his recent DU, "I screwed up and I take 100% percent responsibility for my actions and I'm sorry" This ends. If the media decided that wasn't enough then I could see what you are saying. But even a knucklehead like myself could see through the BS that A-Rod was spewing at that press conference.

A-rod started this mess?? You're not actually implying that, because Alex didn't say every single thing that happened, he's to blame for others possibly answering questions about steroids? I just don't buy it. He's simply the scape goat. If the others have nothing to hide than it shouldn't be a problem, but if they're getting asked questions, it's because they've got something shady in their past.

If these guys are stand up guys, than what are they doing keeping company with this trainer, especially when he was listed as a "bad news" guy? The same reason Alex was, because he's a good trainer...or to get steroids. Either way, people can't make the argument that Alex's dealings with this trainer are on the shady side, but Ortiz, Pedro and Vlad's dealings with him are all coincidental. If he's a guy linked to steroids than anyone who has contact with him has to be under the assumption that they might not have been on the up and up.

The one thing Alex has going for him is the extreme consistency of his play ever since he came into the league, where guys like Papi's all of a sudden started to sky rocket.

I mean if you're gonna talk size, look how tiny he was when he was with the twins.

271031.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0EDDEE508128CFC9139284831B75F48EF45

He is borderline skinny in this picture...yet I never hear his name brought up, because why?? Is it becuase he's so well liked or what?? He has a huge surge in production once he changes ballparks, which coincidentally coincides with a HUGE increase in body mass. Coincidentally at the "stupid and youthfull" age of 26 and 27. I'm not saying he was on them, but he has links to the same trainer and the aforementioned size increase. Pretty interesting.

You;re joking right?

Are you serious with this comment?

Have you seen players and the era change before your eye in terms of numbers put up?

The point I have heard before that I believe is that people who wouldn't have been major leaguers without steroids, still aren't major leaguers with them. Granted there are some fringe guys that could make it with them. But the bigger point being if you can't hit you can't hit.

Now what steroids has been proven to do is take the guy who would have hit 20 home runs and boost his numbers considerably. Which sucks because this age of mauling the ball is old. Would be nice to watch some baseball again instead of having 9 guys in the lineup that can all hit it out on any swing.

The point I have heard before that I believe is that people who wouldn't have been major leaguers without steroids, still aren't major leaguers with them. Granted there are some fringe guys that could make it with them. But the bigger point being if you can't hit you can't hit.

Now what steroids has been proven to do is take the guy who would have hit 20 home runs and boost his numbers considerably. Which sucks because this age of mauling the ball is old. Would be nice to watch some baseball again instead of having 9 guys in the lineup that can all hit it out on any swing.

Agree with everything you said there.

Now, players are definitely more fit (besides steroids), the ball is juiced, ballparks are smaller, the wood in bats is better, pitching is thinner and more fragile, but this pinball baseball is not as fun to watch.

This is true. But what doesn't get reported is that the pitchers are probably abusing PEDs as hard as anyone else. Strictly antecdotally, did anyone ven have a bicep worth tearing in 1974? We've come a long way in training, nutrition and surgical technique, but cannot help but think the pitcher and the batter are both juicing now. It's been said before, but whne YES or SNY show old time games from even the 1980s, the biggest guys then would be puny and scrawny now. Dave Winfield was growing up to me a giant. Now he's comparatively a string bean. Reggie Jackson looks fat rather than cut. And just about everyone else looks like it's August and they've sweated off 30 lbs. and haven't had a decent meal in some time.

This is true. But what doesn't get reported is that the pitchers are probably abusing PEDs as hard as anyone else. Strictly antecdotally, did anyone ven have a bicep worth tearing in 1974? We've come a long way in training, nutrition and surgical technique, but cannot help but think the pitcher and the batter are both juicing now. It's been said before, but whne YES or SNY show old time games from even the 1980s, the biggest guys then would be puny and scrawny now. Dave Winfield was growing up to me a giant. Now he's comparatively a string bean. Reggie Jackson looks fat rather than cut. And just about everyone else looks like it's August and they've sweated off 30 lbs. and haven't had a decent meal in some time.

They were talking about this on Fox Sports.

They were talking to a reporter that covered a team in the 80s and he was saying players were not that big. Looked like regular people, had guts, smoked and drank beer in excess.

Now, they are huge by comparison and not just the rare natural physical freak like Bo Jackson and the like.

Time has obviously advanced training and surgery like you said, but even the legal substances are a distinct advantage over yester year.

Archived