• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what.

I changed my mind.

Cutler sucks. Ratliff is much better.

Does it have to be black or white to make any sense? Does it have to be that he either sucks or he is elite and nothing in between is possible?

Can't he be a guy with great talent who is severely lacking in intangibles. A guy who can easily help us upgrade the position. All that AND not worth 2 1st round picks?

Just in the small hope that the Jets get him for a fair deal that doesn't screw the franchise for a guy with major baggage and lots of red flags?

I'm still learning who is worth talking to here, and you have been intelligent with points, so maybe you're just bored with the topic.

Since when do stats equate to franchise caliber talent? Steve Buerline, Elvis Grbac and Marc Brunell all had a year where they had huge stats as well. Does that make them franchise QBs too? Brees jury is still out on but I'm not calling either him or Warner franchise caliber either.

Kurt Warner, who has taken 3 teams to the Super Bowl, is not a franchise QB?

Neither is Drew Brees, who almost broke the single-season passing record and recently took the ****ing SAINTS to the NFC championship game...also not a franchise QB.

Are you even a real poster? You are starting to make madmike look like SpermEdwards.

Kurt Warner, who has taken 3 teams to the Super Bowl, is not a franchise QB?

Neither is Drew Brees, who almost broke the single-season passing record and recently took the ****ing SAINTS to the NFC championship game...also not a franchise QB.

Are you even a real poster? You are starting to make madmike look like SpermEdwards.

Kurt warner who fumbled every ball away and was concussed weekly with the Giants, after he was replaced by Bulger on his own greatest show on turf team, who was a part timer with Leinart up until last year? No sorry. He's not an elite QB. He is a tremendous game manager type QB who has been involved in 2 offesnively loaded teams. Smart, accurate, reliable. Not close to being an elite player imo.

Brees. Maybe. He needs to actually win in the postseason and not just put up fantasy football numbers to tell me he can lead a franchise. He's gotten significantly better as he has matured, but he still is not in that category.

Nice attempt at an insult though. Tells me you have nothing more to offer in the conversation.

Kurt warner who fumbled every ball away and was concussed weekly with the Giants, after he was replaced by Bulger on his own greatest show on turf team, who was a part timer with Leinart up until last year? No sorry. He's not an elite QB. He is a tremendous game manager type QB who has been involved in 2 offesnively loaded teams. Smart, accurate, reliable. Not close to being an elite player imo.

Brees. Maybe. He needs to actually win in the postseason and not just put up fantasy football numbers to tell me he can lead a franchise. He's gotten significantly better as he has matured, but he still is not in that category.

Nice attempt at an insult though. Tells me you have nothing more to offer in the conversation.

:puke:

Does it have to be black or white to make any sense? Does it have to be that he either sucks or he is elite and nothing in between is possible?

Can't he be a guy with great talent who is severely lacking in intangibles. A guy who can easily help us upgrade the position. All that AND not worth 2 1st round picks?

Just in the small hope that the Jets get him for a fair deal that doesn't screw the franchise for a guy with major baggage and lots of red flags?

I'm still learning who is worth talking to here, and you have been intelligent with points, so maybe you're just bored with the topic.

A guy who would greatly upgrade the QB position is worth 2 high picks (I don't see an offer of 2 first rounders, though I'd do it), as we have absolutely nothing to work with now. We currently have about the worst QB situation in the NFL, and with one of those all powerful first round picks, we're looking like we may take an unproven guy from Kansas State, or a WR who you never can tell with. Fact is draft picks are not as valuable as Jay Cutler. This teams needs a real QB, and just because he doesn't have an amazing record, doesn't mean he isn't one.

And we had 6 years of 'intangibles' and it brought us nothing. What we've lacked is 'talent'. Talent costs value, intangibles are easy to find. Eric Smith has intangibles.

A guy who would greatly upgrade the QB position is worth 2 high picks (I don't see an offer of 2 first rounders, though I'd do it), as we have absolutely nothing to work with now. We currently have about the worst QB situation in the NFL, and with one of those all powerful first round picks, we're looking like we may take an unproven guy from Kansas State, or a WR who you never can tell with. Fact is draft picks are not as valuable as Jay Cutler. This teams needs a real QB, and just because he doesn't have an amazing record, doesn't mean he isn't one.

And we had 6 years of 'intangibles' and it brought us nothing. What we've lacked is 'talent'. Talent costs value, intangibles are easy to find. Eric Smith has intangibles.

But it's never an either or scenario. They have to have both sides of the equation if you are going to do whatever it takes to aquire them. And there is no more important position that intangibles are more important at. Cutler has not impressed me in that regard.

But it's never an either or scenario. They have to have both sides of the equation if you are going to do whatever it takes to aquire them. And there is no more important position that intangibles are more important at. Cutler has not impressed me in that regard.

'Intangibles' is the same thing as 'good personality'.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have a ton of talent. The rest be damned.

Guys like Warner and Brees are better fantasy QB's than actual QB's. Neither are elite. I agree with NFL stepchild. Brees makes a ton of stupid throws and Warner has been blessed with a great system.

I'd say Cutler though can be. The Jets should do whateer it takes.

'Intangibles' is the same thing as 'good personality'.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have a ton of talent. The rest be damned.

Not a chance. Leadership, maturity, Selflessness, heart, ability to make the other play at a higher level, presence of mind to orchestrate the offense well while concurrently minimizing mistakes, being a professional at all times and operating cool under pressure. Yada yada yada...you get the idea.

Him being a douchebag off the field is fine, I don't care a bit about the players personally. They are just the help wearing the laundry. And the laundry needs to win. But there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. For any leader I would want to see that he is the type to make sure the Jets are top of mind and the #1 priority on the field (you also need to act this way when put in the public eye, or any time you are representing the team). That comes with the territory of leading a franchise.

Brady might be a charming SOB as well, but he still knocked up a girl and then bailed on her. He's the epitome of franchise QB though. So class and personality off the field are not what I am after. The ability to lead is. I wouldn't trust Jay Cutler to lead anything right now. I'm sure the Manning family is a bunch of dip**** inbred jagoffs as well, hell Eli was a spoiled little b*tch coming into the league. Peyton does everything right by his team though and a true leader. I just care that they do whats best for the team at all times. If Cutler wants to be ****y and abrasive at the club and shove litle kids out of the line at the ice cream shop, and cut in front of pregnant women in the grocery store and pick his nose in traffic, thats fine. Just make sure you have full command of the lockerroom and you are not out for your own interests.

Not a chance. Leadership, maturity, Selflessness, heart, ability to make the other play at a higher level, presence of mind to orchestrate the offense well while concurrently minimizing mistakes, being a professional at all times and operating cool under pressure. Yada yada yada...you get the idea.

Him being a douchebag off the field is fine, I don't care a bit about the players personally. They are just the help wearing the laundry. And the laundry needs to win. But there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. For any leader I would want to see that he is the type to make sure the Jets are top of mind and the #1 priority on the field (you also need to act this way when put in the public eye, or any time you are representing the team). That comes with the territory of leading a franchise.

Brady might be a charming SOB as well, but he still knocked up a girl and then bailed on her. He's the epitome of franchise QB though. So class and personality off the field are not what I am after. The ability to lead is. I wouldn't trust Jay Cutler to lead anything right now. I'm sure the Manning family is a bunch of dip**** inbred jagoffs as well, hell Eli was a spoiled little b*tch coming into the league. Peyton does everything right by his team though and a true leader. I just care that they do whats best for the team at all times. If Cutler wants to be ****y and abrasive at the club and shove litle kids out of the line at the ice cream shop, and cut in front of pregnant women in the grocery store and pick his nose in traffic, thats fine. Just make sure you have full command of the lockerroom and you are not out for your own interests.

You keep repeating the same nonsense over and over, but have yet to give a specific example of how Cutler is a locker room cancer and/or a bad leader.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Kirwan trying to think of a three way deal in which the Jets, Broncos and Browns do a three year deal where the Jets end up with Cutler, Browns with Anderson, Broncos with Quinn. You have to think of what the Jets would be giving up to Cleveland in this deal, since Mangini knows his former players and they're talking about a 1st round pick and Kerry Rhodes or Darrelle Revis.

Kirwan trying to think of a three way deal in which the Jets, Broncos and Browns do a three year deal where the Jets end up with Cutler, Browns with Anderson, Broncos with Quinn. You have to think of what the Jets would be giving up to Cleveland in this deal, since Mangini knows his former players and they're talking about a 1st round pick and Kerry Rhodes or Darrelle Revis.

DONE.

He can have Rhodes, but no way can we give up Revis.

Eli's the perfect example of my point.

He didn't have any of the intangibles... he wasn't a leader... he was a baby... he was a coward...

Why, because the team wasn't winning championships. Now, that they have, and have been competitive, everything's changed.

Did Eli change, or did our opinions and therefore the virtures extolled upon him change?

No way is Rex Ryan giving up Revis.

Most people think that there is no way is Rex Ryan going to give up Kerry Rhodes either. He thinks Rhodes can be the closest anyone has come to being Ed Reed in the defensive philosophies that he's bringing over.

But would he give him up for a franchise QB?

Eli's the perfect example of my point.

He didn't have any of the intangibles... he wasn't a leader... he was a baby... he was a coward...

Why, because the team wasn't winning championships. Now, that they have, and have been competitive, everything's changed.

Did Eli change, or did our opinions and therefore the virtures extolled upon him change?

FWIW I don't consider Eli any better than I did before his SB ring. His accuracy is questionable, he overthrows his WRs often, and he has limited examples of truly leading that team. The road warrior playoff march they did to get to the SB was impressive though, I'll give him that. But he won behind a great defense. Nothing spectacular about that. Hell if Asante can catch that horrid INT before the Giants scored at the end, what's the perception then? He's good. Top 10ish in the league right now. He has upside as well. I hope he fails miserably but just trying to be fair here.

Archived