C.J. Moseley to Jacksonville...

Fishooked

Sorry if already posted...

Posted on: March 2, 2009 7:43 pm

Score: 194

Log-in to rate:

.shareBox {position:relative;width:51px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;} .shareButton{position:absolute; z-index:1;} .shareBoxi{position:absolute;left:60px;top:-18px;width:90px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #636363;visibility:hidden;z-index:1000;} .shareBoxiBorder{padding:4px;width:78px;background-color:#fff;border:2px solid #d5d5d5;} .knob{position:absolute;top:15px;left:-10px;width:12px;height:21px;background:url(http://images.cbssports.com/images/buttons/leftnob.gif) no-repeat top left;} send-over.gifpermalink-over.gif share-over.gif

facebook_on.gif digg_on.gif delicious_on.gif yahoo-myweb_on.gif

Jags likely to add defensive tackle.

Look for the Jacksonville Jaguars to sign nose tackle C.J. Mosley Tuesday. Mosley is due in Jacksonville for a visit, and the team usually signs players when the arrive.

Mosley is 25-year-old backup nose tackle for the New York Jets, who is one of those players that has his best football in front of him. At 6-2, 310 pounds, he isn't a huge tackle but he has a lot of strength.

The Jaguars struggled inside last season when Marcus Stroud was traded and John Henderson didn't play well. Rob Meier, who took over as the starter for Stroud, was a disappointment.

Mosley will come in and compete for a job. There was also a report that the Jaguars had Eagles tackle Tra' Thomas in town for a visit, but that was not true.

http://peteprisco.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/6315047

If losing Mosley means we go out and get someone who can truly back up Kris Jenkins, then this is a blessing in disguise.

Mosley is that guy... you do not find solid 25 yer olds over 300lbs everyday...

Please, every time Jenkins left the field the Defenses level of play fell off a cliff. Mosley is a JAG. Nothing to get worked up over losing.

Are you kidding? This is a pretty big loss... not easy to fill his shoes...

Of course the level of play dropped off... no **** sherlock... Jenkins is a beast... when Mosley came in for Drob the level of play went up...

ANYBODY the JETS sign will be a drop off from Jenkins... thats a given...

what I heard was CJ Mosely flat out didn't like living in the tri-state area. the Jets really didn't have a chance to keep this player. he wanted to leave, that was that.

look at guys who didn't really fit and still don't - nuge, clemmy

thats why im very pro-kenny britt in this draft. ya know the guy isn't gonna wake up one day and hate the fact he's in jersey.

Are you kidding? This is a pretty big loss... not easy to fill his shoes...

Of course the level of play dropped off... no **** sherlock... Jenkins is a beast... when Mosley came in for Drob the level of play went up...

ANYBODY the JETS sign will be a drop off from Jenkins... thats a given...

Well, obviously anybody would be a step down from Jenkins....(Just like anybody would have been an upgrade over D-Rob)....almost no NT's bring that kind of push consistently. But they need a better backup at NT, that much should be indisputable. When Jenkins left the game, teams ran on the Jets with ease. They need someone who can at the very least shut down the run on those plays Jenkins is out.

Best thing the Jets could do for their defense IMO is invest in someone like Ron Brace to backup Jenk. Of course, 2nd round is a little earlier then I was hoping to spend the pick for, but the Ravens D invested a 1st rounder in Haloti Ngata with seemingly no need at the time and that worked out great. You can give him some snaps at DE as well.

Well, obviously anybody would be a step down from Jenkins....(Just like anybody would have been an upgrade over D-Rob)....almost no NT's bring that kind of push consistently. But they need a better backup at NT, that much should be indisputable. When Jenkins left the game, teams ran on the Jets with ease. They need someone who can at the very least shut down the run on those plays Jenkins is out.

Best thing the Jets could do for their defense IMO is invest in someone like Ron Brace to backup Jenk. Of course, 2nd round is a little earlier then I was hoping to spend the pick for, but the Ravens D invested a 1st rounder in Haloti Ngata with seemingly no need at the time and that worked out great.

I think that had to do more with scheme... Jenkins played good in spite of Mangini... the Lbs were dropped abck in coverage way too often... Scott and Harris will be stuffing the run this year not expecting Jenkins to do ti all...

I think that had to do more with scheme... Jenkins played good in spite of Mangini... the Lbs were dropped abck in coverage way too often... Scott and Harris will be stuffing the run this year not expecting Jenkins to do ti all...

The problem is that Jenkins gets doubled every play, no matter who is behind him. I agree that he'll probably have to be less of a superman this season, but guys like him don't not get doubled. We need a quality back up to help shoulder some of that abuse. I wouldn't mind spending a second on Brace if Rex thinks he can help out with the run game, and eventually take over for Jinx.

Archived