Alabama OT Andre Smith Pro-Day "worst workout ever"

AFJF

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do people refuse to acknowledge that there are just as many "dominant" college players that go on to the NFL and bust as there are that turn out to be stars? The guy has displayed that he posesses the #1 career killing attribute in the NFL. A piss poor attitude. BUST!!

Wow :shock: a bust before he even gets drafted. That's a new one. The kid has been great since he started at Bama. His problems seem to have started since he hooked up with this douche bag agent (aren't they all ?) . I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I've watched him play for 3 years, he can dominate. We'll see where he is in 3 years Alker.

:rl::rl::rl:

1. Mike Vick never completely walked out of the combine. Sure, he is a scumbag but he never showed a complete lack of interest in the game.

2. You consider what Vick has done as "making it"?

Depends on what you consider making it. At the time he had a mega million dollar contract, so obviously Atlanta considered him a star. You don't get a non-rookie contact like that for being a flop.

:rl::rl::rl:

1. Mike Vick never completely walked out of the combine. Sure, he is a scumbag but he never showed a complete lack of interest in the game.

2. You consider what Vick has done as "making it"?

How could you not consider what Vick had done, prior to his arrest, as making it? He was one of only a handful of QBs to become a probowler in his first year as a starter, one of 3 probowl selections in his 6 years.

He was at one point, not only one of the richest athletes in the country, but richest celebrities. He had contracts by Nike, Coke and Powerade. He signed one of the biggest deals in NFL history at ten-year$130 million with $37 million in guarantees.

He brought the falcons to the playoffs two times (maybe 3??) and the NFC championship, were they were beat both times by that good eagles team. They also were the first team to beat the packers at home in the playoffs.

He set a handful of records; only QB to rush for over 1000 yards and most yards per carry in a season.

I'm not at all a fan of the guy and he obviously had a HUGE way to go as a passer, but the guy was a specimen and I don't understand how you could say that he hadn't made it. He did in 6 years what some people fail to do in their entire career.

he is skippy

DBrick will never be a pro bowl player

this kid will be in in probowl in 2 years

First of all, pro-bowls mean nothing. Popularity contest, nothing more.

Secondly, you have no idea what Smith will be like in the NFL, regardless of how much you've seen him play. If he was such a sure thing to be a future stud in two years teams would be all over him like you're making out, he'd be a lock for the #1 Overall pick. But I guess you know more than NFL scouts.

Comparing him favorably to a very good proven NFL Left Tackle like D'Brickashaw Ferguson is absolutely laughable to say the least.

First of all, pro-bowls mean nothing. Popularity contest, nothing more.

I think the Bills Jason Peters proved your point. He was terrible most of the year after holding out of TC. Look for a repeat holdout this year as he still wants a new contract with 2 years left on his old one.

the kid is sounding like a roi.ud user who had to get off for drug tests, mandarich was liek this,,once he was off roids he was horrid

I honestly don't think that's the case here. The kid was solid his whole time at Alabama .

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

Andre Smith's Manboobs Wow Pro Scouts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(UPI) March 12th, 2009

Smith's Manboobs Wow Scouts

Top NFL Offensive Tackle prospect Andre Smith worked out in front of an impressive array of scouts and NFL front office personnel at his pro day workout Wednesday in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and while he may not have impressed them with his pedestrian workout numbers, they all came away shaking their heads for a quite different reason.

"That guy has quite a set of waghorns" said one unnamed scout, "It was mesmerizing. I've never seen anything quite like it".

Another commented "despite his immature behavior at the combine, we think he can really play....but we're not sure if we will be able to come up with a pair of shoulder pads to fit over his puppies".

NFL.com's Gil Brandt discounted Smith's slow 40-yard dash times saying "I think he was slowed down quite a bit by the waggle show. Fit him with proper-sized mansierre and I think he could run in the 5.2 range".

One unimpressed AFC West general manager commented: "It doesn't really matter if his pass-blocking technique is raw....all he has to do is titty-whip the pass rusher and that dude is stopped cold".

When asked about the sheer enormity of his bulbous boy boobs, Smith responded that "It ain't about the sweater pies. I just got behind a few boxes of ring-dings out of nerves or whatnot and I'm sure I can reduce down to a D cup prior to the start of training camp once I sign a huge contract with some fat stacks of guaranteed money."

This reminds me a whole lot of Alan Branch a few years back. He was a consensus top pick, than when he was overweight and injury issues people were praying that he would fall out of the top 10 or 20 to their team and BAM he's a second rounder.

I can still easily see him going top 10, because the tape on him is absolutely fantastic, but than I wouldn't be too surprised if he fell to the bottom of the first or even top of the second.

Not that we didn't know he was a fatty, but I still am questioning the thought process on him taking his shirt off for his 40...or ever for that matter.

bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=TL&Dato=20090311&Kategori=TS32&Lopenr=311009998&Ref=PH&Item=17&MaxW=1000

This reminds me a whole lot of Alan Branch a few years back. He was a consensus top pick, than when he was overweight and injury issues people were praying that he would fall out of the top 10 or 20 to their team and BAM he's a second rounder.

I can still easily see him going top 10, because the tape on him is absolutely fantastic, but than I wouldn't be too surprised if he fell to the bottom of the first or even top of the second.

Not that we didn't know he was a fatty, but I still am questioning the thought process on him taking his shirt off for his 40...or ever for that matter.

bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=TL&Dato=20090311&Kategori=TS32&Lopenr=311009998&Ref=PH&Item=17&MaxW=1000

His shirt would have caused too much wind drag. :rl:

Archived