Alabama OT Andre Smith Pro-Day "worst workout ever"

AFJF

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want this particular retard for the Jets

He is f-ing awesome.....I hope Ryan is the opposite of Mangini and gets guys that perform on the field

Definitely. The guy is an absolute stud. I watched him play many games, and while it pains me to admit, being an LSU fan, this 'Bama boy is an absolute stud. Yes, he's made some mistakes, but I will put money on it that he will not make it out of the first round.

I want this particular retard for the Jets

He is f-ing awesome.....I hope Ryan is the opposite of Mangini and gets guys that perform on the field

How in the hell do you know if he performs on the field? Hell, Ryan Leaf performed on the college field. You stay far far away from a guy like this. It's kind of sad but sometimes the guys with the most talent care the least about the game.

From Yahoo!

We haven't lived in the Kiper era of endless NFL draft information for very long, but in that time, I can't recall anyone's draft stock falling quite like Andre Smith's. Picture Wilford Brimley's frail and helpless body tumbling end-over-end off a cliff, picking up speed as it goes (Note: Do not picture this if you are Wilford Brimley, or someone who knows him). That's about what we're looking at here.

He (Smith, not Brimley) was once considered a possible number one overall pick, and now, he might not even be a second-day pick. If Andre Smith was the stock market, he'd be ... well, he'd be a lot like the stock market is right now.

It all started at the combine, when Smith basically did everything the exact opposite of how it should have been done, and then left in the middle of it without telling anyone where he was going. But it was thought that Smith would have a chance to redeem himself, at least partially, at his Pro Day earlier this afternoon.

So how'd that go for him? Here's a snippet from TFYDraft.com:

The situation has gone from bad to worse for Andre Smith. His bench press results were a pitiful 19-reps. His position work was also very mediocre. One scout has told us is it the "worst workout he ever saw" and a number of scouts are cranky that they made the long trip to Alabama to watch the pitiful workout. A second scout has told us "Smith lost millions of dollars".

And from NFL.com:

To put Smith

I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt after the combines but he is basically now in a freefall.

WTF is with this guy ?

Now they are talking second day pick ?

No way Andre Smith dosen't still go in the top 10 of this draft JMO. The tape on this guy in actual games is just that good. You look at his numbers he put up at his proday and they are right up there with the rest of the Olineman in this draft. (quite impressive for a guy overweight) So the guy body was in horrible shape.

Teams that overvalue the combine and don't value the game film on him, will be kicking themselves for years. You don't go from being the possible number 1 player after the games were played, to a player whio might be drafted in second round Lmao.(who cares he looked hideous in shorts)

No way Andre Smith dosen't still go in the top 10 of this draft JMO. The tape on this guy in actual games is just that good. You look at his numbers he put up at his proday and they are right up there with the rest of the Olineman in this draft. (quite impressive for a guy overweight) So the guy body was in horrible shape.

Teams that overvalue the combine and don't value the game film on him, will be kicking themselves for years. You don't go from being the possible number 1 player after the games were played, to a player whio might be drafted in second round Lmao.(who cares he looked hideous in shorts)

What about the lazy and the crazy? How do teams value that?

I don't get it. College football season ended less than 5 months ago, and by all accounts he was playing at a high level then. What did he do to get that out of shape? Eat fried butter all day? It's mind boggling to think about. Didn't he leave the combine to get ready for his pro day? What has he been doing?

The guy was out of shape but you look at his proday numbers and they were just as good as the top Ot in this draft.(that with the guy being severly overweight) Lets look at the numbers and compare. Sounds like some team trying to get Andre Smith to drop so his team has a shot to draft him.

What about the lazy and the crazy? How do teams value that?

How is he lazy when he went from 345 to 325 . Sure his body wasn't scrupture but i rather take a guy I know wasn't a product of roids. You know this guys is natural strong and get him in a NFL weight program . Sky is the limit for this kid.

Crazy?????????? When the guy on the football field he's been a dominant Olineman. Please explain to me why you say hes been crazy.

For god's sake, why can't people grasp this? It's not even about the blown combine. It's the fact that when things weren't going his way he took his ball and ran home. Then he had a second chance at his pro day and didn't even put forth the effort to get better. Like I have said many times. There are plenty of great college players who never amount to anything in the NFL. Tony Mandarich anyone?

The guy was out of shape but you look at his proday numbers and they were just as good as the top Ot in this draft.(that with the guy being severly overweight) Lets look at the numbers and compare. Sounds like some team trying to get Andre Smith to drop so his team has a shot to draft him.

With his team heading to a bowl game and looking at the most important financial day of his life the guy got out of shape. Did some team looking for him to drop get him out of shape? Did they inject Dairy Queen in his veins while he slept? I'm not saying he won't be good, but that is an enormous red flag in the head and heart departments.

PS: Look at the boobies on him! He needs a manziere.

a_smith_090311_blog.jpg?w=183&h=300

With his team heading to a bowl game and looking at the most important financial day of his life the guy got out of shape. Did some team looking for him to drop get him out of shape? Did they inject Dairy Queen in his veins while he slept? I'm not saying he won't be good, but that is an enormous red flag in the head and heart departments.

PS: Look at the boobies on him! He needs a manziere.

a_smith_090311_blog.jpg?w=183&h=300

Mmmmmm...Dairy Queen...

Do you seriously believe that a team in the top 10 will draft him considering the huge amount of guaranteed money a top 10 pick garners?

Seriously.

That's like building a mansion on a swamp.

We're talking about a millions in guarantees and you think a team is willing to risk that on a guy who does not take his profession seriously? Maybe 10 or 15 years ago, but not now. Not now with the money involved and how a top 10 bust can criple a franchise.

Do you seriously believe that a team in the top 10 will draft him considering the huge amount of guaranteed money a top 10 pick garners?

Seriously.

We're talking about a millions in guarantees and you think a team is willing to risk that on a guy who does not take his profession seriously? Maybe 10 or 15 years ago, but not now. Not now with the money involved and how a top 10 bust can criple a franchise.

No team with any brains would touch him in the top 10. Therefore he might get drafted by the Raiders.

Seriously.

Exactly. TDJoey, I dont think that you are factoring in the investment portion of the game.

You dont give a guy that has shown absolutely zero motiviation all that guaranteed money. If money is motivating him to workout, what do you think will?

This is basically equivalent of a business man interviewing for a CEO position with Bank of America and he shows up in shorts and a t-shirt plus he hasnt shaved or showered in days. Who's to say that he isnt going to show up to work everyday like that, eventhough this man had a stellar career with Merrill Lynch.

Moobs (at what is a "slim" weight by his standards) + 19 reps on bench + poor vertical/broad/short shuttle = out-of-shape, not-overly-strong (I know his long arms hurt him), and unathletic.

Too many red flags to burn a Top 10 pick on this guy, especially since his measurables don't look like those of an elite LT in the NFL. He'll probably have to move to the right side or get kicked inside, and that means he will be moved down draft boards considerably.

As far as his numbers being anywhere near the top OT in the draft, he was clearly the poorest performer, even though Oher had a disappointing workout as well.

40-yd Dash

J. Smith - 5.22

Monroe - 5.16

Oher - 5.33

A. Smith - 5.28

Bench

J. Smith - 33

Monroe - 23

Oher - 21

A. Smith - 19

3-Cone

J. Smith - 7.53

Monroe - DNP

Oher - DNP

A. Smith - 7.88

Short Shuttle

J. Smith - DNP

Monroe - DNP

Oher - 4.60

A. Smith - 4.93

Vertical

J. Smith - DNP

Monroe - DNP

Oher - 30.5"

A. Smith - 25"

Broad Jump

J. Smith - DNP

Monroe - 9'2"

Oher - DNP

A. Smith - 7'10"

Here's a video of Andre Smith's truffle shuffle/40-yd dash... not exactly a physique I'd want to be handing out an 8-figure signing bonus to:

http://www.tidesports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090311/VIDEO/903112019&template=video&lineup=431782885

How is he lazy when he went from 345 to 325 . Sure his body wasn't scrupture but i rather take a guy I know wasn't a product of roids. You know this guys is natural strong and get him in a NFL weight program . Sky is the limit for this kid.

Crazy?????????? When the guy on the football field he's been a dominant Olineman. Please explain to me why you say hes been crazy.

NFL weight program = roids. They don't have a quality program at Alabama? It's not like this guy came from Western Connecticut where he'd need exposure to a big time program.

Crazy. Crazy as in unpredictable and prone to stupid irrational decisions. Like getting suspended for dealing with an agent just prior to the Sugar Bowl. Like walking out of the combine without telling anybody and claiming you were going home to "work with his trainers" only to show up fat and unprepared for his pro day. Like interviewing poorly and giving conflicting stories about why he wasn't working out at the combine. You know, crazy. Unless you'd prefer stupid. Maybe he's just stupid.

I wouldn't necessarily complain if we pull the trigger on this kid at 17, but you can damn well bet I would if I were a Rams fan sitting at 2 or Bengals fan at 6 and my team took this knucklehead. He's not the only good OT on the board.

NFL weight program = roids. They don't have a quality program at Alabama? It's not like this guy came from Western Connecticut where he'd need exposure to a big time program.

Crazy. Crazy as in unpredictable and prone to stupid irrational decisions. Like getting suspended for dealing with an agent just prior to the Sugar Bowl. Like walking out of the combine without telling anybody and claiming you were going home to "work with his trainers" only to show up fat and unprepared for his pro day. Like interviewing poorly and giving conflicting stories about why he wasn't working out at the combine. You know, crazy. Unless you'd prefer stupid. Maybe he's just stupid.

I wouldn't necessarily complain if we pull the trigger on this kid at 17, but you can damn well bet I would if I were a Rams fan sitting at 2 or Bengals fan at 6 and my team took this knucklehead. He's not the only good OT on the board.

i concur..what he has done has cost him top10 pick and mucho coin

he is a player, all you have to do is watch the tape...i would be thrilled

if he was there at 17. He is much better than D brick

i concur..what he has done has cost him top10 pick and mucho coin

he is a player, all you have to do is watch the tape...i would be thrilled

if he was there at 17. He is much better than D brick

Did you "watch the tape" on Toniu Fonoti? Just sayin'...

How INSANE would you have to be to not be in your best shape ever for these opportunities? You are basically "made", all you need to do if you're him is have a decent combine,decent pro day and you're set - you're a mega multimillionaire.

My idea of a brutal workout is a walk down the block to get a pastrami on rye. But you give me that opportunity I guarantee you I can be a BEAST within three months tops.

How the hell did you get my official, confidential workout info? HOW DARE YOU! :confused:

Exactly. TDJoey, I dont think that you are factoring in the investment portion of the game.

You dont give a guy that has shown absolutely zero motiviation all that guaranteed money. If money is motivating him to workout, what do you think will?

This is basically equivalent of a business man interviewing for a CEO position with Bank of America and he shows up in shorts and a t-shirt plus he hasnt shaved or showered in days. Who's to say that he isnt going to show up to work everyday like that, eventhough this man had a stellar career with Merrill Lynch.

NO I watch how the guy performed in an actual game (put more substance in that) than how a guy looked in shorts. See Mike Mamula. OR the guy could have looked like Tony Mandrich(great looking spercimen) at his workout, only to become the incredible shrinking man after he was drafted. At Least you know that guy is not a product of roids and what you see on film is the guy your getting.

Im sorry the guy was considered the best tackle when the season was over, now when they aren't playing any games, he chopped hambuirger. Dosen't make sense.

NO I watch how the guy performed in an actual game (put more substance in that) than how a guy looked in shorts. See Mike Mamula. OR the guy could have looked like Tony Mandrich(great looking spercimen) at his workout, only to become the incredible shrinking man after he was drafted. At Least you know that guy is not a product of roids and what you see on film is the guy your getting.

Im sorry the guy was considered the best tackle when the season was over, now when they aren't playing any games, he chopped hambuirger. Dosen't make sense.

Why do people refuse to acknowledge that there are just as many "dominant" college players that go on to the NFL and bust as there are that turn out to be stars? The guy has displayed that he posesses the #1 career killing attribute in the NFL. A piss poor attitude. BUST!!

Why do people refuse to acknowledge that there are just as many "dominant" college players that go on to the NFL and bust as there are that turn out to be stars? The guy has displayed that he posesses the #1 career killing attribute in the NFL. A piss poor attitude. BUST!!

Yea and when the guy turns in to a one of the top tackles, than i guess we suppose to forget what you just said. The OT that goes first in this draft has as much a chance to bust, as andre Smith does.(they didn't even have any where close to the college career as Andre Smith)

Yea and when the guy turns in to a one of the top tackles, than i guess we suppose to forget what you just said. The OT that goes first in this draft has as much a chance to bust, as andre Smith does.(they didn't even have any where close to the college career as Andre Smith)

You can quote me on this right now. Andre Smith has no shot at ever becoming a top tackle in the NFL. Maybe in that new league they're launching in October. Show me the last time a player has shown this poor of work ethic and attitude and made it in the NFL.

You can quote me on this right now. Andre Smith has no shot at ever becoming a top tackle in the NFL. Maybe in that new league they're launching in October. Show me the last time a player has shown this poor of work ethic and attitude and made it in the NFL.

Mike Vick.

Mike Vick.

:rl::rl::rl:

1. Mike Vick never completely walked out of the combine. Sure, he is a scumbag but he never showed a complete lack of interest in the game.

2. You consider what Vick has done as "making it"?

I can think of one who plays WR for your team.

Archived