Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we at least wait to hear the rest of EY's analysis? I'm surprised by how quickly everyone is gleefully leaping aboard this train without discussing it more.

In my opinion, since we now know Bleedin' was innocent, I think we should take his advice and stay on the lookout for fast-building trains.

For me the newbie thing got me all excited in the beginning and I voted for you. But, as the game got going it became a little more obvious that the new guys where getting their feet comfortable and getting called on everything they said that was remotely scummy.

I also also didn't vote for Irish, and the thought your having now is a big reason why I didn't. But this time it struck me because JMJ never once pinged my scum detector. Never understood the aggression towards him.

The aggression and five minute roid rage thing seem to be IJ undoing. Maybe we have a bunch of stressed out rats among us. EY did lead a pretty amazing first day lynch.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was coming. Don't know why, I just did. No worries though, you guys got this one.

Come on family, you's gotta whack some ****ing rats.

To think they shot you in the face so your mother couldn't even have an open casket funeral.

San%20Diego%20florist,%20TF203-02,%20casket%20spray,%20colorful,%20w.jpg

I am suspicious of everyone. As a newbie, I'm particularly wary of being manipulated by everyone else. But now that we know Bleedin' is innocent, I really want to look at his suggestions and concerns.

3. As I explained at the time, my greater concern was for the rapidity in which the votes stockpiled onto IJ. EY had his vote on IJ for hours without anyone considering it for much of anything, then suddenly half the game is on board with the lynch. I actually planned on voting IJ when I got online after dinner, but then seeing him so quickly end up two votes from lynch made me hesitant. It was actually Vicious who made me realize nothing IJ said was really going to change my feelings after all the time that went by and he said little to nothing, as my hesitation was more related to the voting pattern then him. At that point I made the vote. Besides, being one vote away from lynch, if I were scum what good would I think I could do for IJ in terms of "saving" him? The guy was a dead man walking anyway, it was just a matter of time before someone dropped the hammer.

Granted, of course I see why people are suspicious of Norway. I voted for him before and will likely end up voting for him again, once we hear the rest of EY's case.

But I think we definitely need to keep an eye on the speed at which these things have been happening.

Now for the really fun part.

The following are Norways posts after Irish Jet is revealed.

Part 3

Simply put, I was just way off on Irish. I thought the train was suspiciously rapid and that surely he wouldn't demand ansswers from EY twice in 5 minutes. Again, I was waaaaaay off and am damn happy I was.

As for you, I was suspicious from the beginning and had alreadytold you why a few times. The more recent thing I found scummy was you jumping on the IJ wagon and placing a fairly late (7th) vote on him.

irish's guilt changes everything for me, I'll need to go back and re-read everything.

Congrats EY, you really nailed it. Freakish almost that you were so certain, so early, with what looked to some (including me) like fairly innocous post by IJ.

Here's the token apology. This is so typical of scum. They fight fight fight for their guy, then sheepishly return, saying 'oops, my bad... well, go team'.

Here's the kicker. Even his 'Congrats EY' is pointed. He says what I did was 'almost freakish that I was so certain, so early with what looked like innocent posts'. He's trying to arouse suspicion on me even with this.

Well, if you're right, and I think you are, you're the one who needs doc protection.

Now, it's getting hilarious. There's no explanation for this post whatsoever... He suggests that Doggin gets the doctor protection... Are you kidding me? He's trying to leave me open for the attack by giving the Dr. another player to look after, or even potentially more damning... getting the Dr. to protect his potential scum buddy who could get killed at night.

--Part 3 Complete--

I picked up on some of that too with Norway. The thing that I don't get about him is his vote on SMC. Maybe it's my inexperience, but I just don't see the point of him voting for SMC when Irish had 9 votes on him. Why wouldn't you just wait to see what happened with that vote? It just doesn't seem right to me. I'd like to hear from him first though before I add to his votes.

I picked up on some of that too with Norway. The thing that I don't get about him is his vote on SMC. Maybe it's my inexperience, but I just don't see the point of him voting for SMC when Irish had 9 votes on him. Why wouldn't you just wait to see what happened with that vote? It just doesn't seem right to me. I'd like to hear from him first though before I add to his votes.

SMC was the only other person with 5 or more votes thus he was the only other person with suspicion and a train. It looks pretty obvious that he was just trying to bring the voting closer together to further peoples' suspicions of SMC in hopes someone would jump over to SMC or a non-voter would vote on SMC rather than drop the hammer on Irish.

I think the voting at that point was 8-5 Irish. 8-6 looks a lot better.

Ok, EY, after reading Part 3, you've convinced me.

Also because you claim to have figured out SMC's "red herring" comment. For now I will trust that there are things going on completely over my head, and I will just pray that you're not the new CTM. ;)

Vote: Norway

I will also add to the list of scummy things Norway has done. As I pointed out before, his early votes against Irish, myself, and JMJ were unsubstantiated. It was only later that he started hounding JMJ. Possibly, as has been mentioned, to draw attention away from Irish. So I do think it's interesting that at first he was voting without explanation, and only once things started getting really heated with Irish, did Norway begin actively pointing out "evidence" of other people's scumminess.

Holy hell, this train is moving fast.

Here's the thing. I'd be willing to bet that all of the mafia were on Irish's lynch by the end of that train (I'd guess 2 in spots 1-6, 1 in spots 7-9). I think we're looking in completely the wrong direction. And like I said - my vote is going one place and one place only:

vote: SMC

Holy hell, this train is moving fast.

Here's the thing. I'd be willing to bet that all of the mafia were on Irish's lynch by the end of that train (I'd guess 2 in spots 1-6, 1 in spots 7-9). I think we're looking in completely the wrong direction. And like I said - my vote is going one place and one place only:

vote: SMC

You're next pal.

Why no vote or analysis Jets Thing?

EY's analysis is brilliant. No arguments one way or another. Stepped away from the computer for a bit, come back, and Norway has 8 votes on him. Truth be told, I'm a little resilient to cast the kill vote because it would paint a "Norway was going to get lynched anyway so why wouldn't one of his fellow scum pull the trigger" picture. Just being honest. :)

He's a real different player this game. Very quite.

I haven't played this game any differently than I play every game.

EY's analysis is brilliant. No arguments one way or another. Stepped away from the computer for a bit, come back, and Norway has 8 votes on him. Truth be told, I'm a little resilient to cast the kill vote because it would paint a "Norway was going to get lynched anyway so why wouldn't one of his fellow scum pull the trigger" picture. Just being honest. :)

I haven't played this game any differently than I play every game.

My bad. i was thinking about JVOR. My apology,

Perhaps he's trying to avoid getting the "killing blow" on anyone? I've noticed Doggin' has done the same thing essentially, and he was who I was most suspicious of, but right now I'm not so sure...but I suppose we can save that for tomorrow.

Now for the really fun part.

The following are Norways posts after Irish Jet is revealed.

Part 3

Here's the token apology. This is so typical of scum. They fight fight fight for their guy, then sheepishly return, saying 'oops, my bad... well, go team'.

Here's the kicker. Even his 'Congrats EY' is pointed. He says what I did was 'almost freakish that I was so certain, so early with what looked like innocent posts'. He's trying to arouse suspicion on me even with this.

Now, it's getting hilarious. There's no explanation for this post whatsoever... He suggests that Doggin gets the doctor protection... Are you kidding me? He's trying to leave me open for the attack by giving the Dr. another player to look after, or even potentially more damning... getting the Dr. to protect his potential scum buddy who could get killed at night.

--Part 3 Complete--

The last part is very condemning. To throw Doggin's name out there when he's one of the ones with a lot of suspicion doesn't look very good at all. I don't like being the last to jump on the bandwagon, but thus is life we're you're not around a couple hours lol.

Vote: Norway

Holy Crap!

The sun's nearly gone down since I left the house for work!

It's clear which way this day's going. Looks like our extensive day one handed over a lot of evidence.

I'm willing to ride another of EY's trains.

unvote: Doggin (for today)

vote: Norway

Archived