Kris Jenkins or Haloti Ngata?

Irish Jet

Who is the better DT/NT?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the better DT/NT?

• Jenkins
    • Ngata

Which player, when 100% is better?

Not taking into account age or how prone they are to injury, who's the better player?

I'm asking this because people are asking questions about Scotts production behind Ngata as opposed to playing behind Jenkins.

As for me? I'd take Jenkins over him everyday. Was the most dominant player in the league for most of the 2008 season until he wore down. I doubt that will happen under Ryan who hopefully will take better care of him.

Which is why I hope we get a decent backup nt. But I'd say both are pretty damn good. I'd go with Ngati because of age

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol.. And Brett Favre was one of the best QB's in football until the Denver game when both him and Jenkins imploded. Lot of good it did us...

No he wasn't.

Regardless of what stats say Brett Favre was a one dimensional QB all season. IMO that's what led to his collapse. Teams started to realise the Jets playbook didn't have plays designed to go beyond 15 yards downfield.

No he wasn't.

Regardless of what stats say Brett Favre was a one dimensional QB all season. IMO that's what led to his collapse. Teams started to realise the Jets playbook didn't have plays designed to go beyond 15 yards downfield.

In other words, teams started to realize the Jets playbook was the same as it had been for the prior 6 years?

No he wasn't.

Hmm, you mean like teams realizing that Jenkins was inneffective if you didn't play to his strengths? Look at the games he played exceptional in, Buffalo and Tn, two of the more vanilla boxed in offenses in football. Once teams started to spread us out, Jenkins was ineffective and wore down to the point that he wasn't even good at stopping runs up the middle by the end of the season.

imo you don't have a leg to stand on suggesting that Jenkins performance last year was drastically different then Favre's, no matter how much you hate Favre or love Jenkins..

Hmm, you mean like teams realizing that Jenkins was inneffective if you didn't play to his strengths? Look at the games he played exceptional in, Buffalo and Tn, two of the more vanilla boxed in offenses in football. Once teams started to spread us out, Jenkins was ineffective and wore down.

imo you don't have a leg to stand on suggesting that Jenkins performance last year was drastically different then Favre's, no matter how much you hate Favre or love Jenkins..

I don't have a leg to stand on?

We're comparing a NT to a ****ing QB!

They both collapsed down the stretch, I never said otherwise. I just disagree with the notion that Favre was so great last season when he couldn't get the ball downfield. He was not as good you're making him out to be, regardless of what stats you throw out there.

I don't have a leg to stand on?

We're comparing a NT to a ****ing QB!

They both collapsed down the stretch, I never said otherwise. I just disagree with the notion that Favre was so great last season when he couldn't get the ball downfield. He was not as good you're making him out to be, regardless of what stats you throw out there.

QB's job is to score points. Up to week 11 were top 3 in the league in that category and had just come off hanging 34 on what was at the time a 10-0 team with the best defense in football..

And I don't understand this complaint of your's about comparing Favre and Jenkins seasons, why can't they be compared since they both followed a very similar pattern..

KRIS ******* JENKINS!! hes not going to wear down this season like last season. I'm sure Rex will make things easier for him by shifting him around the line of scrimmage and what not. If Kris was as good in the later half of the season as the first half, he would be worthy of being the highest or second best paid DT

QB's job is to score points. Up to week 11 were top 3 in the league in that category and had just come off hanging 34 on what was at the time a 10-0 team with the best defense in football..

And I don't understand this complaint of your's about comparing Favre and Jenkins seasons, why can't they be compared since they both followed a very similar pattern..

Yeah, because when you assault the Arizona Cardinals from most of that in one game, the results look different.:face:

They don't follow a similar pattern, Favre was NEVER consistent. He had a nice streak of games at one point but the only time he was consistent was when he was consistently bad to finish the season.

Also, why are they not comparable? A 350lb man will wear down when he plays enough snaps. Something that shouldn't have happened with Jenkins.

Favre is a QB, all the wear and tear in the world doesn't excuse throwing it up for grabs every time you feel pressure.

When you balance out the season Favre was terrible - Jenkins was not.

This is a great poll.

Ignoring everything that makes Tom Brady a better quarterback than Chad Pennington, who is a better quarterback?

A. Tom Brady

B. Chad Pennington

LOL

If I had the choice of either player, as much as I love Kris Jenkins, I would pick Ngata.

Yeah, because when you assault the Arizona Cardinals from most of that in one game, the results look different.:face:

They don't follow a similar pattern, Favre was NEVER consistent. He had a nice streak of games at one point but the only time he was consistent was when he was consistently bad to finish the season.

Also, why are they not comparable? A 350lb man will wear down when he plays enough snaps. Something that shouldn't have happened with Jenkins.

Favre is a QB, all the wear and tear in the world doesn't excuse throwing it up for grabs every time you feel pressure.

When you balance out the season Favre was terrible - Jenkins was not.

When I balance out the season, they were both pretty average. Again, Jenkins sucked ass for the last 1/3 of the season and was a no show due to injuries other problems in several other games earlier in the year. The fact that he was a force against Buffalo doesn't change the fact that he was nothing for half the damn season.

And Favre wore down/got injured as well. He is 39 and was never in football shape this past season, not to mention the clear arm problems he was having around Cinn/Oakland games. Again, you clearly are ghey for Jenkins and hate on Favre (even when he was playing well) I don't consider you objective..

Lets be glad Favre is gone and hope Jenkins can put together a complete season this year, our team will benefit..

Our run D was a big part of our early success, and alot of the additions of Jenkins and Pace.

Jenkins was a beast up until he got injured. The games against the Bills don't mean he was just good against the Bills, just that he really dominated the Bills. He was a factor in every game before that.

My biggest problem with him is injuries. I'd love to draft Brace to have a backup NT/NT of the future.

Yes, That is most of the season.

You're aware that the season is 16 games right. Anything over 8 would be "most".

I have to ask, do you think at all before you comment on this stuff?

11 games in a season doesn't make a complete player.

I'd rather have the guy who is slightly not as good BUT plays to that level for 16.

Jekinas can give you a solid 16 game season but he needs a back up that is not a significant drop off to give him a regular blow. Pouha was about as useful as a blocking sled last year. The Jets need to pick up a useful widebody at some point in this draft.

I'm not really sure why so many people say that Jenkins "wore down." He didn't wear down, he got injured, plain and simple.

Maybe it's just me, but a player wearing down means he is generally fatigued or unconditioned. Jenkins did not wear down, he had a legitimate back injury and played through it.

I'm not really sure why so many people say that Jenkins "wore down." He didn't wear down, he got injured, plain and simple.

Maybe it's just me, but a player wearing down means he is generally fatigued or unconditioned. Jenkins did not wear down, he had a legitimate back injury and played through it.

If he's on the field, I expect him to perform 100%. If he's injured, and because of that, he can't play well, he shouldn't play. Since he was on the field, people assume he just wore down.

same issues in Carolina

there is a reason he came pretty cheap

If you want to call him injury prone, fine.

He had conditioning problems in Carolina, but that was not an issue for him last year. His contract incentives to stay under 360 pounds throughout the season worked well. Again, he didn't wear down, he had a back injury.

He had conditioning problems in Carolina, but that was not an issue for him last year. His contract incentives to stay under 360 pounds throughout the season worked well. Again, he didn't wear down, he had a back injury.

i like jenkins

but i will take the younger version everytime

no way ravens trade Ngata for Jenkins straight up

i like jenkins

but i will take the younger version everytime

no way ravens trade Ngata for Jenkins straight up

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Ngata rotate on the line and play DE as well? Even though they both play in a 3-4, the (former) Jets and Ravens defenses are different forms of the defensive alignment.

In terms of age and versatility on the line, I would take Ngata.

In terms of a pure two gap NT, I would take Jenkins.

I've blocked out most of lastr seasons's nightmare, but I could swear I saw him plenty of times on the sideline huffing and puffing once teams started to spread us out routinely..

It's possible to lose weight and STILL be out of shape.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Ngata rotate on the line and play DE as well? Even though they both play in a 3-4, the (former) Jets and Ravens defenses are different forms of the defensive alignment.

In terms of age and versatility on the line, I would take Ngata.

In terms of a pure two gap NT, I would take Jenkins.

Ngata is an athlete, he could play TE if you needed to

Archived