Kellen Wins First Practice(According To Cimini)

greekjetsfan128

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet it is just AWESOME watching a game with you and TomShane. I'd probably off myself by the halftime show.

A lot of the as I call them "Same Old Jet Fans" sure spend a lot of time here. For guys who think there is no point in rooting for the team I don't get the effort spent talking about the team.

The same reason some people watch autopsies. It's more of a hobby or curiosity at this point.

And watching a game with TomShane or I would be a great time. Just don't fall asleep.

\

Bro, I'm a huge Jets fan. As big as they come. Anyone who knows me here in Detroit or has met me knows I live and die with this team. Problem is, I've have my chain yanked so many times, being cynical has become a natural defense mechanism.

True.

Although drinking it would probably be a little bit better than having you drill a hole in my skull and pouring it in that way.

Oh come on, slats. You're as bad as me and GOB are, but you're more intellectual about it. You me and GOB sitting around watching a Jets game would be like the Kennedy clan gathering around the TV to watch the Zapruder film.

Oh come on, slats. You're as bad as me and GOB are, but you're more intellectual about it. You me and GOB sitting around watching a Jets game would be like the Kennedy clan gathering around the TV to watch the Zapruder film.

Right. While the "true fans" would be those Kennedys rooting for Oswald to miss. :lol:

practice ?

we're talkin 'bout practice ?

How dare you keep things in perspective. Anyone who's heard a second-hand opinionated report on the first day of voluntary minicamp knows:

Clemens has finally rounded the corner.

Ratliff is an interception machine.

Thomas is a crybaby.

Ainge is in rehab.

Gholston will be flipping burgers in two weeks.

Get with it, Lars.

How dare you keep things in perspective. Anyone who's heard a second-hand opinionated report on the first day of voluntary minicamp knows:

Clemens has finally rounded the corner.

Ratliff is an interception machine.

Thomas is a crybaby.

Ainge is in rehab.

Gholston will be flipping burgers in two weeks.

Get with it, Lars.

eGDBR2L5kzI

I've been out of the loop. My bad.

But, how can you knock Rex? Every Ravens' defensive coordinator goes on to be a great NFL HC. Like Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan. :character42:

I loved Mike Nolan when he was our DC under Groh-right up until around...ummm, Thanksgiving.

Kellen easily won if you look at the stats and the fact that he was working with the 1st team.

He is already fitting into the Rex Ryan QB: Someone who won't make mistakes and can manage the team to 10-12 wins a season, possibly more.

First of many wins for Kellen this season.

Ageed. Looks like 124 and i werent totally clueless when it comes to our Clemens love. Clemens > Ratliff

Ageed. Looks like 124 and i werent totally clueless when it comes to our Clemens love. Clemens > Ratliff

But, but, but, Ratliff owns the Preseason 3rd stringers. He's awesome!! I mean, jeez, ugh, Kellen Clemens couldn't do that in 2008. He did it in 2007, but so what? We can just ignore those statistics. Oh, and hey, while we're at it, we'll ignore that Clemens had one of the worst Offensive Lines in Football, which meant no Running Game, in 2007 when he made his 8 starts, and Laveranues Coles didn't play in or played in only one series in 5 of those 8 starts.

But hey, we're idiots. ;)

But, but, but, Ratliff owns the Preseason 3rd stringers. He's awesome!! I mean, jeez, ugh, Kellen Clemens couldn't do that in 2008. He did it in 2007, but so what? We can just ignore those statistics. Oh, and hey, while we're at it, we'll ignore that Clemens had one of the worst Offensive Lines in Football, which meant no Running Game, in 2007 when he made his 8 starts, and Laveranues Coles didn't play in or played in only one series in 5 of those 8 starts.

Jesus, I barely post here right now, and even I want to slap you. What the **** is wrong with you son? Calm down.

so what are you gonna do with that nuuuuuuugggggeee jersey?

I think a lot of the Ratliffarians (great word) are former Chadosexuals and they don't love Ratliff so much as they hate Clemens for being the guy who threatened Chad's standing.

In other words, they are Anti-Clemites!!!

Nothing could possibly be further from the truth. The majority of Ratliff fans (including myself) on this board that I can think of were Chad bashers and rooted for Clemens to beat him out. Also, unlike the Chad lovers who hated Clemens, every Ratliff fan has stated repeatedly that they would be fine with Clemens winning the job. If I am wrong on this, please fellow Ratliff fans, correct me.

The truth is, there is a much closer parallel between the current Ratliff bashers and the Chad lovers in their player bias over what is good for the team.

I've been out of the loop. My bad.

But, how can you knock Rex? Every Ravens' defensive coordinator goes on to be a great NFL HC. Like Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan. :character42:

Now there is a logical train of thought. I guess every shamwow spokeman from now on will get arrested for smacking a hoe around.

Nothing could possibly be further from the truth. The majority of Ratliff fans (including myself) on this board that I can think of were Chad bashers and rooted for Clemens to beat him out. Also, unlike the Chad lovers who hated Clemens, every Ratliff fan has stated repeatedly that they would be fine with Clemens winning the job. If I am wrong on this, please fellow Ratliff fans, correct me.

The truth is, there is a much closer parallel between the current Ratliff bashers and the Chad lovers in their player bias over what is good for the team.

I've observed the opposite.

As far as what's good for the team, I think the only answer is that both play well and one person wins the job on merit rather then by default. Everyone talks about Chad killing Clemens last year, but the most reputable (in my mind) reports that I read seemed to indicate that Clemens was losing trying to play offense, and Chad was winning playing defense. It sounds like the same so far this year, but lets see how it develops

AS I said, I'm rooting for Clemens, only because of the Ratliff love is absurd at this point (it's definitely worse at the other joint), but I'll be happy if Ratliff wins too.

I don't think there are many fair parallels either way. I don't think Ratliff gets bashed as much as the "Ratliff love" does.

Pennington had a few fans left, but mostly we'd all seen his large body of work and determined that he wasn't the guy who'd take the team to the next level. The Clemens fanclub then was really the only place for the anti-Chad contingent to go.

This battle is different. Clemens is being judged on a half season of work with a bad team, bad OL, and with the Jets best receiver at the time out for most of the time he was in. While Ratliff is being revered for some third string preseason duty - a place where Clemens also managed to excel a couple years back, but no Ratliff fan seems willing to recognize that.

And I'm not singling you out DM, I think you're easily one of the more level-headed members of the pro-Ratliff clan, but unfortunately the clan as a whole finds itself littered with whackos. :P

And if what CTM says is true of the other place, that just makes me happier that I don't waste any time over there.

AS I said, I'm rooting for Clemens, only because of the Ratliff love is absurd at this point (it's definitely worse at the other joint)

You're not kidding. Posters went ape**** when I suggested that Ratliff might be nothing more than a career backup. So many fans, especially over there are genuinely convinced Ratliff is going to be our franchise QB.:shock:

You're not kidding. Posters went ape**** when I suggested that Ratliff might be nothing more than a career backup. So many fans, especially over there are genuinely convinced Ratliff is going to be our franchise QB.:shock:

Many of them are still convinced Chad is one, so take that for what it's worth. :P

I don't think there are many fair parallels either way. I don't think Ratliff gets bashed as much as the "Ratliff love" does.

Pennington had a few fans left, but mostly we'd all seen his large body of work and determined that he wasn't the guy who'd take the team to the next level. The Clemens fanclub then was really the only place for the anti-Chad contingent to go.

This battle is different. Clemens is being judged on a half season of work with a bad team, bad OL, and with the Jets best receiver at the time out for most of the time he was in. While Ratliff is being revered for some third string preseason duty - a place where Clemens also managed to excel a couple years back, but no Ratliff fan seems willing to recognize that.

And I'm not singling you out DM, I think you're easily one of the more level-headed members of the pro-Ratliff clan, but unfortunately the clan as a whole finds itself littered with whackos. :P

And if what CTM says is true of the other place, that just makes me happier that I don't waste any time over there.

Coming soon to a theater near you. ;)

I think most of us are pretty much on the same page, which is somewhere in the middle. No Jet fan should be overly confident with either of these guys yet. And it is fine to root for your guy, but I have a problem with rooting against the other guy. If nothing else, you should want the other guy to be a solid backup. Any statements I have made about Ratliff are more tounge in cheek hope from the little we have seen of him versus unfounded confidence. At the same time I would be thrilled if Clemens turns out to be a great QB.

Coming soon to a theater near you. ;)

I think most of us are pretty much on the same page, which is somewhere in the middle. No Jet fan should be overly confident with either of these guys yet. And it is fine to root for your guy, but I have a problem with rooting against the other guy. If nothing else, you should want the other guy to be a solid backup. Any statements I have made about Ratliff are more tounge in cheek hope from the little we have seen of him versus unfounded confidence. At the same time I would be thrilled if Clemens turns out to be a great QB.

Want the other guy to be a solid backup? **** that ****.

I want all 3 of the Jets QBs to be the 3 best QBs in NFL history. We can sort out all the messy contract details later. :biggrin:

I want all 3 of the Jets QBs to be the 3 best QBs in NFL history. We can sort out all the messy contract details later. :biggrin:

DING DING DING we have a winner folks....hey BG, I just finished watching Jets Nation and couldn't believe what I was hearing from Mark Sanchez-this kid so badly wants to be the Jets pick-I've never seen a college prospect almost beg to be drafted by a certain team. He pretty much already knows the system except for the terminology. I have a funny feeling we're drafting Mark Sanchez

I thought I was a wild eyed optimist. ;)

DING DING DING we have a winner folks....hey BG, I just finished watching Jets Nation and couldn't believe what I was hearing from Mark Sanchez-this kid so badly wants to be the Jets pick-I've never seen a college prospect almost beg to be drafted by a certain team. He pretty much already knows the system except for the terminology. I have a funny feeling we're drafting Mark Sanchez

Unfortunately, I missed that, but from what I've read of other reports and quotes, that certainly seems to be the case about Sanchez. And lets be honest, the guy pretty much is the perfect fit as the young stud QB of the future for a New York market team. My only problem is his lack of college starting experience really scares the hell out of me. If it wasn't for that, I don't think there would be even a moments hesitation.

Unfortunately, I missed that, but from what I've read of other reports and quotes, that certainly seems to be the case about Sanchez. And lets be honest, the guy pretty much is the perfect fit as the young stud QB of the future for a New York market team. My only problem is his lack of college starting experience really scares the hell out of me. If it wasn't for that, I don't think there would be even a moments hesitation.

yea BG, you gotta catch it-it should be on again tomorrow-it's worth the watch

with all the clemens vs ratliff chatter I think an important point is being missed

are you comfortable with the #2 guy (whoever you think that will be) if the #1 goes down ?

I'm not

and I don't want any of the scrubs available after the draft (JP ****ing Losman as an example)

if the Jets can't trade for Sanchez I bet they try for Freeman

with all the clemens vs ratliff chatter I think an important point is being missed

are you comfortable with the #2 guy (whoever you think that will be) if the #1 goes down ?

I'm not

and I don't want any of the scrubs available after the draft (JP ****ing Losman as an example)

when I think about it now Rex Ryan's pre-draft PC is kind of sticking in my head, the whole "you all know we need offense" thing. And now with Ainge missing for what ever reason(s) maybe the Jets aren't afraid to tip their hand. Cleveland has the 5th pick, that should be enough to get us Sanchez in some blockbuster players and picks deal. There are a few guys Mangini would LOVE to have help him implement his defense-like how we have Bart Scott as another coach on the field. Maybe David Harris, Abram Elam, or a Brad Smith

I'm "rooting" for Ratliff for cap reasons (assuming there's a new CBA in 2010 and Clemens is an UFA), because Clemens winning the job would mean he'd have the upper hand in negotiations with little body of work.

What I was worried about was Clemens looking mediocre and Ratliff either looking unready or crappy. So the mediocre Clemens would force the Jets to pay him good money. Essentially, it's what Chad did last offseason which I'm afraid of. That is, CPF, be mediocre, and win the starting job because the other guy sucks.

But if Clemens will be good, then I certainly don't have a problem with that. It's the best case scenario if 1 of them looks outstanding. If Clemens looks like that now (based on reports), then that's good.

I'm not

There is no reason to waste the 17th overall pick on a back-up Quarterback. You can draft a QB in the 4th, 6th or 7th round and have him compete with Ratliff for the second string position.

I'm "rooting" for Ratliff for cap reasons (assuming there's a new CBA in 2010 and Clemens is an UFA), because Clemens winning the job would mean he'd have the upper hand in negotiations with little body of work.

What I was worried about was Clemens looking mediocre and Ratliff either looking unready or crappy. So the mediocre Clemens would force the Jets to pay him good money. Essentially, it's what Chad did last offseason which I'm afraid of. That is, CPF, be mediocre, and win the starting job because the other guy sucks.

But if Clemens will be good, then I certainly don't have a problem with that. It's the best case scenario if 1 of them looks outstanding. If Clemens looks like that now (based on reports), then that's good.

Translation: I was such a Ratlff supporter that i have to still back him, even though Clemens has owned him in minicamp. My heart is telling me TNJet and 124 have been right all along and he will start for years making good money,therefore me and many other Ratliffeers will eat crow for many moons. :P

Archived