Jets have inquired about Boldin

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell yeah! I hope we bring this man to the Jets...Another FSU player would be awsome. Leon and Boldin could turn this Jets offense into an explosive offense and I look @ it like this...We will only be losing a 3rd round pick for Boldin because it should be a 1st and a 3rd for Boldin and there is no player in this draft @ 17 thats as good and as elite as Boldin is as of right now, the man will be in his prime for the next 5 years.

We already know our Defense is in place to make a run here in 09 with Jenkins on the D-Line, Harris and Scott should make for one of the best 1-2 punches @ IMLB for our 3-4 and behind Jenkins...Our run defense could be exciting. rex Ryan will also have players like Pace, Thomas and Gholston to rush from the outside and our secondary should be REALLY good with Revis, Sheppard, Lowery, Rhodes and Elam/Leonard...I just cant wait to see this Defense in action under Rex Ryan.

But you know what? The addition of Boldin could turn this Jets offense into a threat and Kellen Clemens could have a MONSTER year. We would then have a TRUE #1 WR in Boldin with one of the best #2 WR's in the game in Cotchery and we all know Stucky looks like the perfect option as our SLot WR but you know what? Clowney could also have a solid year in the slot.

We already have play-makers @ each and every position on the defensive side of the ball and with Boldin...Our Offense could really have alot of potential.

QB-Kellen.

RB-Jones/Washington

FB-Richardson

WR-Boldin, Cotchery, Stucky, Clowney

TE- Dustin Keller!

Then our O-Line is solid with Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore and Woody

That offense looks pretty sexy right about now and I wont lie...I've been pumped up about this Defense since Rex Ryan but if we really land Boldin before the draft...We could then make a strong run @ the AFC East crown.

Between Leon Washington, Boldin, Cotchery and Keller...We would have playmakers @ just about each and every position on the offensive side of the ball and Kellen Clemens would really have a strong year.

With the 2nd round draft pick we could draft the best 3-4 DE

With the 4th round draft pick we could draft a 3-4 NT

With the 5th round draft pick we could go offense and go RB or O-Line

And with the 6th round draft pick we could go more O-Line or even CB...Who knows? All I know is this...Give up a 1st and a 3rd for an ELITE player and use all the other rounds to build deph on the D-Line and O-Line

I missed the announcement that Kellen Clemens was starting,congrats to him!, when was it? Too busy watching them introduce Isiah Thomson, the new FIU b-ball coach.

And also does a good job of fumbling....

Edwards best year is comparable to Boldin's, he's three years younger and much more physically gifted

Did you watch Edwards last season.

Physically gifted? Yes.

Hands like a dribbling sapstic? Yes.

Boldin is simply a better football player than Bryalon Edwards. As for the comparisons to Cotchery? Laughable. He runs better routes and is much more explosive with the ball in his hands. He's not a deep threat in terms of running past defenders, but he's an explosive playmaker in terms of running through defensders.

And also does a good job of fumbling....

Edwards best year is comparable to Boldin's, he's three years younger and much more physically gifted

Edwards has had one good season. A great one I admit.

The guy has unbelievable upside, I'm not going to deny it. But there is no risk of a complete bust with Boldin, there is a huge one with Edwards who was simply awful last season.

He has better potential but that doesn't mean he's the guy we should go after. It could be a complete ****ing disaster with him.

A "1" and a "3"? Yes.

A "1" and a "2"? Too much.

There is NO difference between a 3rd and a 2nd round pick, do we have to drag out the archives.......OK fine:

2008- #2-Chris Long

#3-Matt Ryan

#18-Joe Flacco

2007- #2 Calvin Johnson

#3 Joe Thomas

#7-Adrian Peterson

2006- #2-Reggie Bush

#3-Vince Young

#11-Jay Cutler

#29-Nick Mangold

#57-Devon Hester

2005- #2-Ronnie Brown

#3-Breylan Edwards

#65-Frank Gore

Anyone tired yet?

Be happy all they want is two picks and give them ANY TWO they want, including a 1 this year and a 1 next year! F%$K the draft. This is ANQUIN BOLDIN!!!!!!!

Did you watch Edwards last season.

Physically gifted? Yes.

Hands like a dribbling sapstic? Yes.

Boldin is simply a better football player than Bryalon Edwards. As for the comparisons to Cotchery? Laughable. He runs better routes and is much more explosive with the ball in his hands. He's not a deep threat in terms of running past defenders, but he's an explosive playmaker in terms of running through defensders.

Of course, Edwards was bad last year. I also remember Boldin fumbling a lot.

I never compared Boldin to Cotchery other then to say they are the same brand of receiver. You can wax poetic all you want about Boldin running through defenders, but the fact of the matter is that their recent stats DON'T support you..

YPC 2007-2008

Boldin 12.0 - 11.7

Cotchery 13.8 - 12.1

Hey Sperm...I remember you were a poster who was really smart with the whole slary cap situation and you were on the money a couple of years ago when talking about getting rid of Robertson and some others...Now...If we were to get Boldin for a 1st and a 3rd... Where would we be in terms of salary cap? And is Boldin going to cost more or less than a player drafted @ 17?

Boldin will cost 3x as much as a draft pick at #17. Unless Tannenbaum does his Revis-magic, in which case it will only cost 2x.

Edwards has had one good season. A great one I admit.

The guy has unbelievable upside, I'm not going to deny it. But there is no risk of a complete bust with Boldin, there is a huge one with Edwards who was simply awful last season.

He has better potential but that doesn't mean he's the guy we should go after. It could be a complete ****ing disaster with him.

I'll give you that. But Boldin's getting a little long in the tooth and has only made it through 2 seasons unscathed..

lancemehl wants Anquan Boldin?

CTM, I guess you were right. Braylon Edwards it is.

:rl:

lancemehl wants Anquan Boldin?

CTM, I guess you were right. Braylon Edwards it is.

Let me make all your decisions for you.

1. Lock up Thomas Jones for four more years at MJD money, he IS the defending champ!

2. Trade for Brady Quinn, he's awesome.

3. More Pouha at NT.

4. Move up to get Sanchez.

There you go, no more thinking, IJ!

I think the jets have a good to very good chance of getting this done because we are in the AFC and the cards don't want to see boldin in the NFC

well, we're 0 for 1, so i hope you're right.

Would you give up the whole draft for Cutler and Boldin? lol

There is NO difference between a 3rd and a 2nd round pick, do we have to drag out the archives.......OK fine:

2008- #2-Chris Long

#3-Matt Ryan

#18-Joe Flacco

2007- #2 Calvin Johnson

#3 Joe Thomas

#7-Adrian Peterson

2006- #2-Reggie Bush

#3-Vince Young

#11-Jay Cutler

#29-Nick Mangold

#57-Devon Hester

2005- #2-Ronnie Brown

#3-Breylan Edwards

#65-Frank Gore

Anyone tired yet?

Be happy all they want is two picks and give them ANY TWO they want, including a 1 this year and a 1 next year! F%$K the draft. This is ANQUIN BOLDIN!!!!!!!

I have no idea what you are trying to prove here. :confused:

Honestly, do you guys actually think that we're going to land him? Things are said all the time on the radio and most of the time they aren't true. I would love to get him but I don't think the chances are great...we will see what happens.

Thats what I was thinking and saying about our chances of landing players such as Faneca, Jenkins, Favre and others over the past couple of years...I've asked myself "Why do the Pats always get these big name players?" But you know what? The Jets front office has been doing a really good job in brining talented players into the Jets locker room and I'm confident that we can and WILL land Boldin if we really go after the guy and to the guy who said Boldin is just like Cotchery, lol..Thats funny, now I love Cotchery and he's one of the best #2 WR's in the game today but Boldin will be an elite #1 WR for years to come.

Thats what I was thinking and saying about our chances of landing players such as Faneca, Jenkins, Favre and others over the past couple of years...I've asked myself "Why do the Pats always get these big name players?" But you know what? The Jets front office has been doing a really good job in brining talented players into the Jets locker room and I'm confident that we can and WILL land Boldin if we really go after the guy and to the guy who said Boldin is just like Cotchery, lol..Thats funny, now I love Cotchery and he's one of the best #2 WR's in the game today but Boldin will be an elite #1 WR for years to come.

I know what you mean, but I still don't have a great feeling that they will get him. If they do, I will be the happiest man in the world.

Not hard to do when you overpay. Being a Danny Snyder clone doesn't impress me. Get to a point where you are getting the big name players to come to you. But hey you gotta start somewhere. Credit them for that. They aren't standing pat waiting for players to fall from the sky.

Archived