Are You Happy With The Trade For Sanchez?

Maxman

Are you happy with this trade?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you happy with this trade?

• Yes
    • No

I wasn't particularly in favor of trading up for Sanchez but considering what we gave up I'm not upset with the move and I'm happy we got Sanchez cause I like him as a prospect. He's got franchise potential and would've been in contention to be the #1 QB next year.

I don't wanna hear we should've waited till next year because he would've been at worst the 3rd best QB prospect behind Bradford and possibly Snead. McCoy is not even in the discussion since he's less physically gifted, no more accurate, and doesn't even play in a pro style offense so I don't think we could've done a whole lot better anyway. On top of that, you generally can't look that far into the future anyway cause there are to many variables like where we'd pick, who comes out, injuries, type of season they have, other needs, etc.

He's got good tools and accuracy to go along with great intangibles and that's why I think he'll succeed. He doesn't have any real glaring weaknesses in his game besides the extreme lack of experience. We should sit him a year to make up for that weakness, but I have a feeling he'll be starting next season. Its not ideal but I think he can handle it as long as we protect him with our defense and running came, which should be fairly good. If we're conservative with him then he should be able to transition reasonably smoothly.

To those that immediately dismiss him because of the success rate of underclassmen QBs or those without a lot of experience I don't agree with that line of thinking because I see every case as different. I don't like making blanket statements like that because most of those so called busts didn't fail because of a lack of experience, they failed because the lack of experience amplified other weaknesses they had like poor accuracy or pocket presense. Also, they were generally rushed to the field since they were high picks and were also on bad teams with poor supporting casts. Sanchez should have fairly good o-line protection, a pretty good running game and defense to alleviate some of the pressure so I think that needs to be taken into account. We have recent examples last year how much those things can help young QBs.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except that it should have taken what we gave up plus a FIRST rounder in 2010. A second round pick in 2010 doesn't hold the same value as a second round pick in 2009. Next year's first rounder has the value of this year's second rounder.

True... I was just going by this year's chart value and wasn't considering the relative strength of the draft classes.

You have humbled me, sir.

Oh, the hero of the Jets has chimed in..lo..I wanted more picks..we ****ing trade picks away every year..and still suck..we need players..not a player..get it?

True, but this time we traded up for a potential franchise QB. You can't deny that that has been THE missing piece for us since Joe Namath wore green & white. For what we gave up, that was surely worth it.

Now, if he turns out to be a bust, THEN you can mock this decision all you want.

If he works out, it was a huge heist.

That's why I voted yes.

I like that we were able to move into the top 5 basically for the #52 pick. Don't know how I feel specifically about Sanchez though. I do know that he's got the Latino Jet fan contingent (sp?) excited. Word is Los Yets plans to return to JN.

***Note: I apologize as I've used Mark Sanchez as an excuse to bring back everyone's favorite JetNation Mod, Se

I like that we were able to move into the top 5 basically for the #52 pick. Don't know how I feel specifically about Sanchez though. I do know that he's got the Latino Jet fan contingent (sp?) excited. Word is Los Yets plans to return to JN.

***Note: I apologize as I've used Mark Sanchez as an excuse to bring back everyone's favorite JetNation Mod, Se

I was originally totally opposed to Sanchez, but looking back at years of frustration, why not take a flier on the chance that this guy could possibly be a franchise QB. I originally thought that Pennington could be that guy however and look how that turned out.

Ratliff is certainly expendable, being that it was a friggin' QB the Jets were drafting in the first place. 3rd string QB depth is not something to be concerned about.

I'm still not convinced that Ainge is ready to hold the clipboard full time.

The move to #5 was a GREAT move...

People can argue who the JETS picked there of course... fair enough... but nobody can bash the move to #5 itself... great deal..

I agree with this totally. Great job to move up. I just don't think Sanchez was the right pick. Of course, I hope he is the next second coming of Joe Namath now.

I think I would have have taken Crabtree (I think he'll end up being the best player in the draft), but I'm not sure he is the gamebreaker that we desperately need.

Here's my reservations with Sanchez:

- not enough on field experience to accurately judge him

- he played in a defensively weak conference, and against a very slow Penn State team in the Rose Bowl

- was it him or was it all the talent on that USC team that made him look good?

I think he better be demonstrably better than Clemens from the get go or there will be a lot of questions being asked.

This was a Woody Johnson move. just like getting Favre was last year. I hope it fails miserably too.

Enough with this bald headed band -aid maker ruining my football team. :1cry:

I do not like it...but no way do I want him to fail...I have been a Jet fan 41 years...I need to win again...but what I see is a College QB who makes his best throws always on the move....I do not think he can do that in the NFL with a 4.93 -40...I think 300 lb 4.7 D linemen will eat him up...but I hope I have never been more wrong in my life...an if I am I will step up and say it...he seems like a good guy..and I think he is serious about working hard...only time will tell...

at first i was a bit skeptical being that we only had a few picks this year and there were about 8 or 9 players that i wanted the FO to draft...but truth be told considering we gave up a some players that probably didn't fit our new system (although i did want to see what Ratliff could do) we grabbed a potential franchise QB, to which it has been proven that along with a great defense, which i think we'll have this season, is what's required to win a SB!!! (i.e Brady, Manning & Manning)

Sanchez could win 2 Super Bowls and 124 and lancemehl will still vote 'No'.

when did i vote "no"

I don't pretend to know the future.

This could be the worst draft in our history or the best. period. Ask me after those 2 superbowls.

I personally wouldn't have done it, not for a junior who played 16 games at USC, especially when we are now looking at Plexico Burress because we are backed into a corner.

But, again, grading or voting on drafts before they step on the field is a waste.

I'll vote when I see the results.

How many loved Mangini after year one?

How many loved the Gholston pick?

gimme a break. lol

Archived