Are You Happy With The Trade For Sanchez?

Maxman

Are you happy with this trade?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you happy with this trade?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:spock:

Where did I type that? I said I hope the trade fails miserably. you put your own spin on that.

...and how is one to interpret what you said? For the trade to be a failure Sanchez has to be a failure. If he is a success then the trade can't be a failure as we acquired a legit QB for our 2nd rounder and a swap of picks in the first....

:spock:

Where did I type that? I said I hope the trade fails miserably. you put your own spin on that.

Put a spin on it? How else does the trade fail?

If Sanchez is good the trade is a success, simple as that. By rooting for it to fail, you're rooting against Sanchez. What you're saying makes no sense.

...and how is one to interpret what you said? For the trade to be a failure Sanchez has to be a failure. If he is a success then the trade can't be a failure as we acquired a legit QB for our 2nd rounder and a swap of picks in the first....

Put a spin on it? How else does the trade fail?

If Sanchez is good the trade is a success, simple as that. By rooting for it to fail, you're rooting against Sanchez. What you're saying makes no sense.

Yeah, both of you guys have made some very valid points. I guess when I start thinking pathetically it's probably time to go.

Oh, the hero of the Jets has chimed in..lo..I wanted more picks..we ****ing trade picks away every year..and still suck..we need players..not a player..get it?

QB was a huge need, not anymore.

They have the rest of the draft... FA and Cuts to get a WR and some depth...

They added two starters and depth on D already...

Is he the long term solution? Nobody knows.

Was it a good value trade? Yes.

Does this help us this year? No. It hurts us. We need a good WR. We just needed an average QB to get us through this year. Our team was being built on a running game and strong defense. Now we cant get that WR or probably the blocking TE we need. And next year Thomas Jones is a year older, Leon cant handle the load as a full time RB, and we'll still need a WR.

So short term it sucks because it doesnt address our needs now. Long term it could be the greatest deal we ever made if he pans out.

Obviously Im rooting for him because he's a Jet now. But doesnt change the fact I think our FO and coaching staff made a terrible mistake today.

you need a franchise qb to consistently compete for a title. we weren't winning naything this year anyway. next year is the year that things will start to happen. as long as sanchez doesn't bust that is.

I'm neither excited nor disappointed. Poor Kellen.. always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Even more reason to move on and keep trying to find "the guy" Kellen has failed to impress two coaching staffs...

Jumping up to chase a 1 year wonder? Just because you need a QB doesn't mean you should reach. I wasn't impressed by this year's QB pool at all. But you probably got the best one of the bunch.

At least you guys can't top Oakland in bad drafting. :cheers:

Phins have the worst QB situation in the AFCE again... sucks huh?

Jumping up to chase a 1 year wonder? Just because you need a QB doesn't mean you should reach. I wasn't impressed by this year's QB pool at all. But you probably got the best one of the bunch.

At least you guys can't top Oakland in bad drafting. :cheers:

So says the whose team took Pat White and plans on playing him.... a lot. :rl:

Phins have the worst QB situation in the AFCE again... sucks huh?

Do you really want to talk about Miami?

I'm not trying to rain on your guys parade, I think Sanchez could be good with proper grooming, he has some solid tools, but I doubt he's a first year starter.

So says the whose team took Pat White and plans on playing him.... a lot. :rl:

Pat White is an athlete and a half. He can play 3 positions. With the Dolphins' emphasis on the wild cat it makes some sense. Course i'm not gonna pretend i'm sold on the pick, but we didn't trade up to get Pat White and got 2 big athletic CBs both who fell from where they were projected, got awesome value there. What else did you get? :D

Or maybe Woody is trying to sell his psl's.

Yes winning does sell PSL's...

What is your point?

If the JETS go 4-12 this year drafting Sanchez will not sell PSLs... obviously they think he will help them win...

Yes winning does sell PSL's...

What is your point?

If the JETS go 4-12 this year drafting Sanchez will not sell PSLs... obviously they think he will help them win...

My point is, I think Sanchez was a sexy pick.. not necessarily that Kellen wouldn't've done a serviceable job.

Or maybe Woody is trying to sell his psl's.

No kidding their. But maybe we will get lucky and this kid light it up? Not like a this franchise isn't sorta due for another franchise QB? I was 7 and bulking the last time a QB lead us to the promise land. I think it's time.

This was a Woody Johnson move. just like getting Favre was last year. I hope it fails miserably too.

Enough with this bald headed band -aid maker ruining my football team. :1cry:

OUCH !! I was TOTALLY against us moving up for Sanchez but I certainly hope it works out for us. We ARE Jets fans at the end of the day. ::GoJets:

To be quite honest, I was totally against Sanchez at all costs. If he fell to us at 17 I was skeptical. I was upset if we traded up to him at 8 for us mortgaging our entire draft for a guy whose got minimal experience. Then I was thinking about it more and more, I'm warming up to the deal greatly. There will be Sanchez haters (yes, including me at this juncture) but think of it in terms of Dwayne Robertson:

2003 NFL Draft:

Jets trade 14th selection and 22nd picks to Chicago for the 4th selection.

Fast foward to this year:

Jets trade 17th selection, 52nd selection, Ratliff, Coleman and Elam for the 5th selection.

Guys, I'm sorry but this move is HIGHWAY robbery. Think of it this way, if Mangini wasn't over-infatuated with 'Mangini Guys' or 'high character guys' then Coleman, Elam and Ratliff being offered to any other team would be laughable. Elam is by far the best player of the three, and will be missed for the depth he provides. Coleman is JAG and Ratliff hasn't shown anything. And THANK GOODNESS this trad0 happened because it finally ends the "Clemens or Ratliff" debate that has been flooding the boards since Favre has retired.

I'm thinking absolutely positively here, because this feels like total deja vu. Think about it, in hindsight when Herm got traded to KC for a 4th pick we landed with GOLD in Leon. Now the good fortunes for draft picks has struck again and we could capitalize on it. If this were the NE Patriots everybody (including me) would be up in arms pissed off at how they were able to pull a trade like this off (Moss for a 4th a few years ago, Cassel for a 2nd). Lets roll with what luck we've got now and step into Day 2 to find out how much of a defensive guru Rex Ryan is.

Parting Shots: Somebody said it a few days ago that we have 2 first round picks, the second being Vernon Gholston. Call me a young ignorant Jet fan or very optimistic. I just hope Ryan is the defensive mastermind he is who could make him into a player the equals the value we spent on him last season. Our draft today though getting a possible franchise QB is the right step in the direction to ending our Superbowl drought.

This PSL argument is so silly.

The Jets could trade for Tom Brady and it won't mean that all the overpriced PSLs will be sold. PSLs & season tickets are a luxury item. There's a reason the best seats at the new Yankee Stadium have not been sold. The economy is in the crapper and people are not going to be buying PSLs and neither are businesses.

The Jets are opening up a new stadium in 2010 and if the economy wasn't in such bad shape Sanchez may have made a difference on PSLs. He has no impact now. So it's silly to keep on bringing that up.

The Jets were desperate for a franchise QBs. That's why they mad the trade. They didn't do it for PSLs, or jersey sales. They know that needed to have a franchise QB to suceed as they wanted so they made the deal.

No, not in the least. I could careless about the players we traded away but we need more then just some unproven QB on this team. We should have traded down and got as many players as we could to try to fill holes. This team has no depth one major injury and we're getting the a top five pick next year. ****ing idiots.

This was a Woody Johnson move. just like getting Favre was last year. I hope it fails miserably too.

Enough with this bald headed band -aid maker ruining my football team. :1cry:

The #1 reason Woody Johnson made the move was to get asses in the seats.

Wait....you hope the Jets fail?? And you call yourself a fan???? To be honest this is more than a band-aid. A team needs a good QB to win the Super Bowl. Before today the Jets didn't have that. Who knows Sanchez may be a bust, but give the kid a chance.

We got Sanchez for a bunch of scrubs and a second round pick. He's gonna be a star here in NY ( atleast I hope so)

TEAM DIRTY!

we gave up a later second round pick than the chiefs did for cassell, who did not start at all for usc. the players were already replaced in free agency, and we did not lose any picks in next year's loaded draft.

looks like a great first day to me. we can still pick up some players in day two, and other teams like dallas and the bears and the pats were stockpiling day two picks.

This PSL argument is so silly.

The Jets could trade for Tom Brady and it won't mean that all the overpriced PSLs will be sold. PSLs & season tickets are a luxury item. There's a reason the best seats at the new Yankee Stadium have not been sold. The economy is in the crapper and people are not going to be buying PSLs and neither are businesses.

The Jets are opening up a new stadium in 2010 and if the economy wasn't in such bad shape Sanchez may have made a difference on PSLs. He has no impact now. So it's silly to keep on bringing that up.

The Jets were desperate for a franchise QBs. That's why they mad the trade. They didn't do it for PSLs, or jersey sales. They know that needed to have a franchise QB to suceed as they wanted so they made the deal.

Major difference in selling PSL's for 10 games a year versus selling overpriced seats for 1 of 82 baseball games.

People are going to be more likely to buy PSL's if they believe their team is going to be good and soon. This draft is huge to convince fans to fork over money. Doesnt change my mind, but if they can just find a few extra people it would be worth it to the Woodster. Plus we might end up with a good qb.. who knows. But if someone was borderline, especially people who werent already ticket holders, getting Sanchez might convince them.

Right or wrong move, it is what it is. We have Sanchez. He will be our QB (unless Clemens turns into the next Derek Anderson). Im done being upset about it.

Major difference in selling PSL's for 10 games a year versus selling overpriced seats for 1 of 82 baseball games.

People are going to be more likely to buy PSL's if they believe their team is going to be good and soon. This draft is huge to convince fans to fork over money. Doesnt change my mind, but if they can just find a few extra people it would be worth it to the Woodster. Plus we might end up with a good qb.. who knows. But if someone was borderline, especially people who werent already ticket holders, getting Sanchez might convince them.

Right or wrong move, it is what it is. We have Sanchez. He will be our QB (unless Clemens turns into the next Derek Anderson). Im done being upset about it.

So your saying that getting Sanchez to make this team win more games with a good QB would sell more PSL's?

No ****.

Drafting a crappy QB later on or going with Clemens who just cant earn a starting job would not sell ****... it would lead to more mediocre football..

The PSL sales argument is STUPID... Winning sells PSL's... nothing else will... every move made is made to win more games NOW...

we gave up a later second round pick than the chiefs did for cassell, who did not start at all for usc. the players were already replaced in free agency, and we did not lose any picks in next year's loaded draft.

looks like a great first day to me. we can still pick up some players in day two, and other teams like dallas and the bears and the pats were stockpiling day two picks.

1. Cassel actually proved himself as a legit starting NFL QB.

2. Sanchez has not.

3. Just joking, I don't really need a 3.

This years draft was weak in comparison to last year and the year before. Getting Sanchez was the biggest splash in the draft this season and it was made by us. At least we can get over the fact that we had a hole at QB and can focus on building around the young guns.

So yeah, I like it.

Archived