Quality over Quantity

Favorite_Toon

I love tanny!! Cmon how can anyone be upset about these picks so far? He has said it over and over again... He will be aggresssive and he rather comeout of the draft with 2 guys then 5 if the two guys are HIS guys and the one the org feels will be special...

I love the Sanchez Pick.... kellen clemons? seriously thats who everyone wanted to lead this team? get out of here... watched the draft and they always focus on the same kid... and his bald buddy... and they were sooooo upset and it was hilarious... like they knew more then every analyst... Simms...Mayock... retarded both of them..

I love the green pick... we get a bruising back that behind our O-line will be special... cmon thomas jones leads the afc in rushing? yea ok... what would peterson or westbrook or anyother top 5 rb would have done?

I know there are guys on here that I guess think it sounds smart to say we should trade back and get more lotto ticktes... cause thats exactly what the draft is and thats exactly what we dont need... we need quality... yeah montana was a 5th round pick and brady and all that but you cant go into a draft thinking thats whats going to happen...thats a rare thing...

this team is built to win now...the D will be solid... OUR ORG HAS ADDRESED THE RB AND QB POSITION.... WE WILL GET A WR... ALL IM SAYING IS HOW ANYBODY COULD BE MISERABLE IT BEYOND ME... AND MAYBE THATS WHAY THEY ALWAYS MAKE FUN OF JET FANS.. SAYING NO MATTER WHO IS PICKED THEY WILL BOO...

FCK EVERYONE LETS GO JETS!!!!

People always fondly remember the mid and lower picks that make it. For every one of them, there are lots that do nothing or next to nothing (special teams for a couple of years and are out of the League). Give me quality over quantity anytime.

Meh, this team really needed depth and some holes to be filled. I rather have the picks, but what's done is done....

In this draft we got:

-A franchise QB that would have been the 1st overall pick in next years draft

-The Doak Walker Award winner that ran for over a hundred yards in all thirteen games this year

-A CB that recently went to a Pro Bowl

Not enough?

I'd rather get three guys that I REALLY like than six guys that I kind of like. A fifth round blocking TE is nothing to mourn the loss of. What did we lose in the second round? Massaquoi? Who did we lose in the fourth round?

Who else did you want?

It's always better to have more picks. Anyone in any draft can be a bust. You don't know until they get on the field. More picks = more rolls of the dice.

I don't know about you, but if I'm rolling the dice I'm taking two shots at even money than eight shots at 10-1. But yeah, eight IS more than two.

By your logic, I'm not even sure why NFL teams even bother to scout anyone, they're all the same.

In this draft we got:

-The Doak Walker Award winner that ran for over a hundred yards in all thirteen games this year

Not enough?

I'd rather get three guys that I REALLY like than six guys that I kind of like. A fifth round blocking TE is nothing to mourn the loss of. What did we lose in the second round? Massaquoi? Who did we lose in the fourth round?

Who else did you want?

Not sold on Sanchez as being a "Franchise QB", time will tell on that. I like the Greene pick but giving up that 4th sucked IMO. We still haven't addressed WR, Oline or Dline help. Who's gonna take Coleman's spot? God forbid if one of our Oline goes down, Ellis is getting old and who is gonna relieve Jenkins when he gets tired? I rather have more guys out of this draft than just two. I really wanted some depth out of this draft, alot of guys fell.

In this draft we got:

Not enough?

Who else did you want?

People are used to the past regimes. Wait your turn, pick who Mel Kiper has left on his list and hope for the best. Now we have a front office that does their own homework and goes after the guys they want. That is fine with me.

I love tanny!! Cmon how can anyone be upset about these picks so far? He has said it over and over again... He will be aggresssive and he rather comeout of the draft with 2 guys then 5 if the two guys are HIS guys and the one the org feels will be special...

Just two quick questions. Why does New England do it the exact opposite by trading DOWN to get extra picks ? Who's had more recent success New England or the Jets ? I'll be waiting. :P

Quality is definately important.

I like the Greene pick, but would have liked Gilbert. I don't think there was a WR in the rounds 3 to 7 that would be better than what the Jets have.

Also, what the Jets have done tells you they don't think much about a blocking TE. As such, the media pushing the Pettigrew Rd 1 story were on the moon. The Jets can find a blocking TE in undrafted free agency or when someone is cut (take a close look at the Bucs with their 4-5 TEs on the roster).

I no longer have to comment about the Sanchez pick. That's going to be the best pick the Jets have done in a long time. I'm not forgetting Revis.

WE JUST NEED A RECEIVER.

Receiver, tight end, defensive end, safety, depth on O-line and d-line. But I'm just splitting hairs.

Quality is definately important.

I like the Greene pick, but would have liked Gilbert. I don't think there was a WR in the rounds 3 to 7 that would be better than what the Jets have.

Also, what the Jets have done tells you they don't think much about a blocking TE. As such, the media pushing the Pettigrew Rd 1 story were on the moon. The Jets can find a blocking TE in undrafted free agency or when someone is cut (take a close look at the Bucs with their 4-5 TEs on the roster).

Pettigrew would have been a good pick if we had NO TE's on the roster. Just the thought of us taking another TE in round 1 was insane.

In this draft we got:

Not enough?

Who else did you want?

Franchise QB? That's a stretch for a guy who hasn't even thrown a pass in the NFL yet.

Franchise QB? That's a stretch for a guy who hasn't even thrown a pass in the NFL yet.

Potential franchise QB taken with the 5th pick of the draft is not as much of a stretch as the parade of fools this team has seen in the last 30 years.

Just two quick questions. Why does New England do it the exact opposite by trading DOWN to get extra picks ? Who's had more recent success New England or the Jets ? I'll be waiting. :P

New Englans hasn't done anything in years. They also draft like ****.

Pettigrew would have been a good pick if we had NO TE's on the roster. Just the thought of us taking another TE in round 1 was insane.

Exactly!

Reading Cimini's and Hutch's articles on it where they tried to justify drafting Pettigrew in the 1st was just sickening. Hutch insisting that "blocking TE" was a "desparate need" was absurd.

Seriously. "Blocking" TE is a desperate need?

In this draft we got:

Now, that is just homerism.

Sanchez wasn't even the 1st overall pick this year, in a weak QB class. Next year's class of QBs is eleventy billion times better.

They do that because they draft a million busts. That team was built on first round draft picks, free agents, and the stupid luck of grabbing Tom Brady in the 6th round. The core of that team is not their own stockpiled mid-round and late-round draft picks.

To be fair 3 of those 8 had already proven that they weren't good.

Elam and Coleman were serviceable. We won't miss them much, but neither of them blows. And, Ratliff hasn't proven anything. He's just as big a question mark as Sanchez.

In this draft we got:

Debatable. Next year is a considerably stronger QB draft than this year's, which is widely acknowledged to be weak. Next year you are looking at Sam Bradford, Jevan Snead, Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen, Pat Devlin and even Tim Tebow. There is no question that this influenced Sanchez's decision to jump in here early and avoid being rated against someone other than Josh Freeman and Pat White.

...than Andy Reid has been desperately trying to dump on somebody for the last two years.

Would you trade a 2nd round pick for the three of them? That's the trade value they held in moving up.

Hard to quantify it that way, in reverse. There is no question that losing Coleman tears open a huge hole on the D-Line, creating a worst-case scenario wherein Coleman's replacement is...

drumroll....

Vernon Gholston, who showed last year that the NFL left tackle smacks him around worse than Ike smacked Tina. Coleman was not Reggie White, but he was a very solid, active end who was essentially our Eric Dorsey. He didn't rush the passer, but he held up very well against alot of the better left tackles in the league versus the run. Say what you want about Mangini, but he knows Coleman and made him the principle piece, along with the picks, in the deal from #5.

The day before the draft I defend our FO's drafting the past few years. This I can't defend. You can get lucky one year having only two picks you can't keep dropping picks like this. Sanchez was not worth it. Greene is fine but there were lots of good players left on the board so why lose an extra pick for him?

Archived