Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

There are plenty of Yankee fans here who got on Josh Beckett and Papelbon for doing the same thing. I'm with you. K-Rod's antics don't bother me either, if it bothers the other team, do something to stop them from celebrating.

The ONLY time I've ever gotten on those guys is when Joba gets ripped and no one says boo about them. Otherwise I totally agree, they wont' be pumping their fist when you rip a double.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ONLY time I've ever gotten on those guys is when Joba gets ripped and no one says boo about them. Otherwise I totally agree, they wont' be pumping their fist when you rip a double.

Joba is the first Yankee to show any raw emotion since O'Neill. Personally, I think that's what the Yankees have been missing over the last decade.

It's fine and dandy to want to be 'corporate', but it's still just a game. It's supposed to be fun.

So in the brief amount of reading I have done in this thread... is someone actually saying it is not OK to show emotion when doing well?

This is nto church... (and heck there is some wild churches out there even) it is a sport...

So in the brief amount of reading I have done in this thread... is someone actually saying it is not OK to show emotion when doing well?

This is nto church... (and heck there is some wild churches out there even) it is a sport...

I could go back and find plenty of posts giving Papelbon, Beckett and K-Rod **** for their antics. Now that there is someone like that in pinstripes, I'm sure those posts will disappear.

I'm not saying everyone has done this, just a few select 'hardcore' fans.

It's okay to pump your fist and go crazy one the mound... if you're winning.

Raw emotion is just that brother... raw, uncontrolled, reactive, etc.

You can't think "wait I'm losing!, can't do that!"

You let out that emotion, if you can control, if it helps you then feed on it. I was always an emotional player. That's the way we are as fans bro, say you guys were losing that game with Beckett. Flip flop the roles, and say Becks strikes out the last guy he faces, he lets out a primal scream and is FIRED UP.

Then the Sox come up, knock in 2-3 runs, take the lead and win the game... Dont' you think people would say "OH MAN, THE RAW EMOTION OF BECKETT IGNITED THIS TEAM!!"

That's the thing with emotion, people look at it in a subjective/logical manner. It's not logical. A fist pump, a primal scream, something that is a literal outburst at anytime is fine by me. A celebration of jumping up and down, showboating and showing people up, trash talking is a different story.

You let out that emotion, if you can control, if it helps you then feed on it. I was always an emotional player. That's the way we are as fans bro, say you guys were losing that game with Beckett. Flip flop the roles, and say Becks strikes out the last guy he faces, he lets out a primal scream and is FIRED UP.

Then the Sox come up, knock in 2-3 runs, take the lead and win the game... Dont' you think people would say "OH MAN, THE RAW EMOTION OF BECKETT IGNITED THIS TEAM!!"

That's the thing with emotion, people look at it in a subjective/logical manner. It's not logical. A fist pump, a primal scream, something that is a literal outburst at anytime is fine by me. A celebration of jumping up and down, showboating and showing people up, trash talking is a different story.

I think there is a fine line there.

If you get out of a big inning or pressure packed situation, then it is ok even if you are losing.

If you are like those ass clowns that strike a pose after getting a first down late in the 4th when you are down 35-10. That is flat out stupid.

All of this crap is not black and white....it is as the rest of life...gray.

If you get out of a big inning or pressure packed situation, then it is ok even if you are losing.

If you are like those ass clowns that strike a pose after getting a first down late in the 4th when you are down 35-10. That is flat out stupid.

Except in Boston, where everything is white.

I just dont believe that Joba or K-Rod are raw emotion.

I pretty much agree with this. There are people who do too much of it... they make it part of who they are and do it to make a point... like a wrestler doing a signature taunt or delivering a signature line.

The Governor of Massachusetts says hi.

Boston is the least diverse city in America. And most racist. And you're really going to dispute that with a recent action by Massachusetts voters? The ones who continually elect Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank, etc. etc.? Funny stuff. Thanks.

Right, and you just know he grew up or lives in a diverth community like the north shore of LI.

:Typotux:

With a username like Guido Monzino I'm sure he spends a lot of his time at Seaside Heights in the summer. We all know that is a diverse crowd! ;)

You've met everybody who lives there?

I've observed for many years. Been conducting my own sociology experiment. It actual has been a fascinating experience watching the behavior of those people. Kind of mind-boggling, you'd almost think it was a completely isolated island natio of its own.

I've observed for many years. Been conducting my own sociology experiment. It actual has been a fascinating experience watching the behavior of those people. Kind of mind-boggling, you'd almost think it was a completely isolated island natio of its own.

So that makes them bad or wrong because they are different from you?

Boston is the least diverse city in America. And most racist. And you're really going to dispute that with a recent action by Massachusetts voters? The ones who continually elect Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank, etc. etc.? Funny stuff. Thanks.

Wrong.

http://www.boston.com/jobs/press/2006/012506.shtml

Boston has s shameful racial history. There is no arguments there.

Considering some of the borderline tongue and cheek that are not really tongue and cheek typed on this board, NYers are one to talk.

Wrong.

http://www.boston.com/jobs/press/2006/012506.shtml

Boston has s shameful racial history. There is no arguments there.

Considering some of the borderline tongue and cheek that are not really tongue and cheek typed on this board, NYers are one to talk.

well you got to remember most people consider anyone from Massachusetts to be from Boston.. and most people Guido deals with on a message board arent from the city of Boston.

Archived