Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clutch pitching. :P

Lol, that MUST be it.

I think that's been the worst part about these losses. We haven't really gotten thumped terribly... we've been in every game. And in every game... the Sox find a way to get the hits and the Yankees tease and choke. :bag:

Lol, that MUST be it.

I think that's been the worst part about these losses. We haven't really gotten thumped terribly... we've been in every game. And in every game... the Sox find a way to get the hits and the Yankees tease and choke. :bag:

That sounds like what............................

Sox fan talking about the Yankees 10 years ago.

That sounds like what............................

Sox fan talking about the Yankees 10 years ago.

Yup.

I'm not lying to myself. The tables are turned and we're the ones looking down the barrel of the gun.

Like I said previous, before there was an air, a feel of invincibility.

Now it's a feeling of inevitability. I know sox fans will disagree but this roster HAS the talent to change everything. But the question is if they have that "it" that "drive" to just will themselves to be the team to beat.

Yup.

I'm not lying to myself. The tables are turned and we're the ones looking down the barrel of the gun.

Now it's a feeling of inevitability. I know sox fans will disagree but this roster HAS the talent to change everything. But the question is if they have that "it" that "drive" to just will themselves to be the team to beat.

I would have to agree.

It is a good team. There is talent, but "it" is missing.

Wow... I just heard a Stat that the Yankees have been 8 for 64 with RISP against the Sox.

WOW.

And this is something new ?

This pretty much been their M.O since the 2004 playoffs. Only problem now is that what had been a post season problem is now an all around problem.

The Yanks flat out suck right now. I look at them right now and they look like a team that plays with no desperation or intensity. There is not a grind it out mentality that made those 96-2001 teams so great.

I thought Girardi could light a bit of a fire under them but it hasn't happened.

And this is something new ?

This pretty much been their M.O since the 2004 playoffs. Only problem now is that what had been a post season problem is now an all around problem.

The Yanks flat out suck right now. I look at them right now and they look like a team that plays with no desperation or intensity. There is not a grind it out mentality that made those 96-2001 teams so great.

I thought Girardi could light a bit of a fire under them but it hasn't happened.

Essentially- the problem has become a huge issue.

The stat I put up was just because man, when you SEE it, it just makes you want to throw up. That's terrible. Who know, maybe something happens this year but right now the bats aren't doing their job.

I've said it multiple times, how does Kevin Long still have a job? Don't they work on situational hitting?

Yup.

In 2004, the Yankees had the opportunity to vanquish the Red Sox into eternity. Losing four straight to the dreaded Yankees--and with it the continuation of the Curse of the Bambino--would have sent them spiraling into the abyss, never to be heard from again, or for decades, at least. Francona, Manny, Big Papi, et. al. would have been sent packing. Instead, Mariano blows a "gimmee" save and we lose the next three. Since that moment, the Yankees have never been the same team, and the Red Sox have had our number. The swagger and feeling of invincibility may never come back. If it does, it will be when all of the current Yankees are gone.

Instead, Mariano blows a "gimmee" save and we lose the next three.

Not sure I would call that a 'gimme'. You want to blame him for walking Millar, fine, but Bill Mueller is one of the few people in baseball to hit Mariano fairly well.

Francesa is killing the Yanks. Wonder if he and Tyler feel the core should be broken up like they did with the Mets.:rolleyes:

Francesa is a raving ****ing moron. I turned off the radio.

This team has the talent. The truth is that the Red Sox have a baseball first culture in their organization from the top to bottom.

The Yankees have become about business, tradition, memories, nostalgia, ghosts, past accomplishments.

I'm not gonna crush Cashman for the moves he made, I quite like them to be honest. What I don't like is what seems to be a depletion of infield/outfield talent in the minors. We have all these supposed great arms in the minors but what about the rest of the team? Are we going to keep relying on aging vets? Pitching is ridiculously important. But at the same time so are efficient, productive hitters who can field, hit, and hit in situations.

Not sure I would call that a 'gimme'. You want to blame him for walking Millar, fine, but Bill Mueller is one of the few people in baseball to hit Mariano fairly well.

As Yankee fans, we came to expect that The Master, Mariano Rivera, would put that one away, no matter who was up. No joke, I am still not over that game and the loss of that series. Especially since we let the Sox off the mat, that series loss was like a dagger in the liver, and will haunt Yankee fans forever. Seriously, if Boston loses that series four straight, it would have been the final nail in the Red Sox coffin.

Francesa is killing the Yanks. Wonder if he and Tyler feel the core should be broken up like they did with the Mets.:rolleyes:

They should.

It is clear it is not working.

If the Yankees truly have a deep farm system, bring up more players. Cut ties with a majority of the vets near 35yo or older. Bye bye Damon, Matsui. If you have a hole, trade or sign a young player with upside to fill that spot.

Do something about the middle relief.

They should.

If the Yankees truly have a deep farm system, bring up more players. Cut ties with a majority of the vets near 35yo or older. Bye bye Damon, Matsui. If you have a hole, trade or sign a young player with upside to fill that spot.

That's basically what I dont' like about Cashmans moves.

Damon goes

Posada goes

Matsui goes

and, yes, JETER goes

God Francesa is a raving idiot.

He is a bit over the top and often makes a point and beat it to death day after day. One thing I do agree with him, that I think most agree is his rant on Joba. It was sickening having Michael Kay and all the Yankee shills talking bout how great Joba was. I mean he was great for 5 innings. He was mediocre for the game. I can see someone saying this is a start you can build on. But to say it was one of the great performances, pretty laughable.

wtf are you talking about?

Overall, the reception to the new stadium, the employees has been poor. Where I said needed my ass kissed IDK.

People bitch and whine when they dont get something they feel they deserve even if they have no rights to it. Just watch the news. Read the papers. Entitlement is what is expected in today's society...

My post was in reference to the article written, not your experience. She comes off as a whiny *unt who wants something she has no right to.

They should.

Damon and Matsui should both be gone after this season. Signing Posada for that 4th year was a major mistake, not-with-standing his major positive influence in the clubhouse. Hopefully, the extra year to Mo will not come back to haunt us.

I hope they do not break the bank for Matt Holliday after this season. Get me a couple of young talented players, with exceptional athleticism. That's what they need.

Damon and Matsui should both be gone after this season. Signing Posada for that 4th year was a major mistake, not-with-standing his major positive influence in the clubhouse. Hopefully, the extra year to Mo will not come back to haunt us.

I hope they do not break the bank for Matt Holliday after this season. Get me a couple of young talented players, with exceptional athleticism. That's what they need.

Trade Hip-Hip Jorge to the Mets. We're going to need an overpaid, over-the-hill, mediocre catcher after this year.

How about: Posada, A-Rod for Putz and Wright...

:D

I watched some of Francesa's show today and don't think he was too far off the mark. Joba is a dunce who needs to learn that baseball isn't about personal accolades, but about winning the game. Enough with the bush league fist pumps, especially if you're losing, idiot. Who gives a f**k about the Ks? I was listening in the car last evening and flipped in my car after it was four-zip after four batters. Also, am I surprised that Michael Kay lionized Joba for his performance, rather than concentrating on his horrendous first inning.? Absolutely not. I've said on here several times that, IMO, Kay, Sterling, and Waldman are inept, and not the caliber of broadcaster we should expect for the Yankees.

Francesca was pretty spot on. Especially about the new Stadium being a cemetery and the team having no life.

The Red Sox run to play the Yankees while the Yankees grab their ankles, and well...you know the rest.

I watched some of Francesa's show today and don't think he was too far off the mark. Joba is a dunce who needs to learn that baseball isn't about personal accolades, but about winning the game. Enough with the bush league fist pumps, especially if you're losing, idiot. Who gives a f**k about the Ks? I was listening in the car last evening and flipped in my car after it was four-zip after four batters. Also, am I surprised that Michael Kay lionized Joba for his performance, rather than concentrating on his horrendous first inning.? Absolutely not. I've said on here several times that, IMO, Kay, Sterling, and Waldman are inept, and not the caliber of broadcaster we should expect for the Yankees.

Fatcessa is being the polar opposite of Kay

And they're both wrong.

Yes 4 runs is bad

But 12 K's is good.

And in retrospect he kept us in it long enough for us to get into a situation with Pena up with guys on 2nd and 3rd and Beckett being at his pitch max. Although he didn't make it easy he let us hang around long enough.

We need better from Joba, but I'm not going to kill him.

Francesca was pretty spot on. Especially about the new Stadium being a cemetery and the team having no life.

The Red Sox run to play the Yankees while the Yankees grab their ankles, and well...you know the rest.

I agree on the stadium being quiet. I just don't think it intimidated people like it used to. I'm hoping that this is all going to be fixed when the ticket prices change.

And they're both wrong.

Yes 4 runs is bad

But 12 K's is good.

And in retrospect he kept us in it long enough for us to get into a situation with Pena up with guys on 2nd and 3rd and Beckett being at his pitch max. Although he didn't make it easy he let us hang around long enough.

12 Ks are good if we win. If not, they are irrelevant except as a personal achievement. I'll be honest, Joba bugs me. And so does how the Yanks have coddled him. I want the guy to succeed, but see him as another self-absorbed athlete with the I.Q. of an acorn squash.

And they're both wrong.

Yes 4 runs is bad

But 12 K's is good.

I don't know if his point was that Joba was awful. It was more that, the guys covering the Yankees were trying to sell everyone how great he was and if you look at the overall performance, it was anything but. When you can't get through 6 especially with an overtaxed and shaky pen. That is not a great outing.

12 Ks are good if we win. If not, they are irrelevant except as a personal achievement. I'll be honest, Joba bugs me. And so does how the Yanks have coddled him. I want the guy to succeed, but see him as another self-absorbed athlete with the I.Q. of an acorn squash.

12 K's doesn't matter if your CC and you lose

Joba is a KID... he's still getting better, that's the aspect I'm happy with. And a against a good line up.

If he wins games and is this dominant you'll change your mind on him :)

I think Joba will be a very successful starter or reliever. Whatever the Yankees decide to do with him. But like you said, they coddle this kid too much. I don't know if moving him back in the pen or shutting him down after 150 innings is really doing him justice. He's going to be going back and forth and have to adjust to a different role. Pretty tough for a young guy.

I don't know if his point was that Joba was awful. It was more that, the guys covering the Yankees were trying to sell everyone how great he was and if you look at the overall performance, it was anything but. When you can't get through 6 especially with an overtaxed and shaky pen. That is not a great outing.

That notion I agree with, Kay is stall gargling Joba's balls right now.

I was annoyed with Fatcessa getting on Joba for pumping his fist. I am blown away by how many people DON'T want to see emotion in sports. He's a kid, emotion is a good thing.

Anyways, I just take some positive out of the outing.

And I'm also not dumb enough to turn a blind eye, which is what the YES broadcasters did it.

I think Joba will be a very successful starter or reliever. Whatever the Yankees decide to do with him. But like you said, they coddle this kid too much. I don't know if moving him back in the pen or shutting him down after 150 innings is really doing him justice. He's going to be going back and forth and have to adjust to a different role. Pretty tough for a young guy.

The Yankees organization do not know what the f##k they are doing.

Joba is the perfect example of that.

How is him being a starter or reliever still an issue?? If the Yankees had any leadership in their front office the issue would have been squashed months ago.

12 K's doesn't matter if your CC and you lose

Joba is a KID... he's still getting better, that's the aspect I'm happy with. And a against a good line up.

If he wins games and is this dominant you'll change your mind on him :)

I'll give you that. Look, I want him, and the rest of the Yanks, to succeed. I have just been very frustrated with this team over the last few years. Like so many fans here, I am tired of losing, especially to Boston.

I'll give you that. Look, I want him, and the rest of the Yanks, to succeed. I have just been very frustrated with this team over the last few years. Like so many fans here, I am tired of losing, especially to Boston.

I think we all do, the truth is that right now it's easy to be annoyed with the team, and then you have the ball washing fans, so some people are ready to jump off the ledge and the others think everything is fine.

I think there's issues... but there are things that are good, this team can turn it around.

The bullpen is a horrifying situation.

I was annoyed with Fatcessa getting on Joba for pumping his fist. I am blown away by how many people DON'T want to see emotion in sports. He's a kid, emotion is a good thing.

There are plenty of Yankee fans here who got on Josh Beckett and Papelbon for doing the same thing. I'm with you. K-Rod's antics don't bother me either, if it bothers the other team, do something to stop them from celebrating.

Archived