Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

I'll just go back to JI, I'm sure that will make some of you guys very happy.

When someone says something I think is wrong, or disagree with, I put them to task.. I see nothing wrong with that.

Peace.

:rl:

You belong back at JI if you think you need to put people to task since they disagree with you. Talking sports is having a discussion, listening to what someone else says, and expressing your opinion. You for some reason cant do this. You cant stop until you yell louder than everyone else.

If you just stuck to discussing baseball you would be fine. But you cant. Your blatant homerism totally destroys any good input you have about baseball.

Too bad. I thought you were a good addition here for a while. Now... I see you for what you really are.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rl:

You belong back at JI if you think you need to put people to task since they disagree with you. Talking sports is having a discussion, listening to what someone else says, and expressing your opinion. You for some reason cant do this. You cant stop until you yell louder than everyone else.

If you just stuck to discussing baseball you would be fine. But you cant. Your blatant homerism totally destroys any good input you have about baseball.

Too bad. I thought you were a good addition here for a while. Now... I see you for what you really are.

TD never left JI. What kind of "threat" is that? http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194216

Lived through that awfulness. And I appreciate how good this team has been since.

Problem I have is that it seems we now have a risk-averse player development program.So instead of players siezing the moment-like Jon Lester, Papelbon, Youkilis, Pedroia have-we get guys like Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes, who clearly DON'T GET IT.They, along with the bullpen guys not named Rivera or Bruney seem to be scared sheetless to throw a strike. The pitching philosophy we seem to ping pong between strikeouts are good to pitch to contact.It even seems some of this idiocy has rubbed off on Sabbathia and Burnett. There seems to be some idea that the Yanks can turn everyone into Wang. And then invariably find themselves paying top dollar for strikeout guys because they don't develop them.

We also guys like Chamberlain and Cano who have had some success but still don't fully grasp what it takes to be a full-time MLB player. Which is how Cabrera got benched and Melky lost his job, or Joba shows up looking like he closed more than his share of bars and hit the drive thru afterward. We haven't won a damn thing worth bragging about since 2000. Enouhg of the strutting about until yoi really win something.

Half think Phil Hughes ands Ian Kennedy and every other Yankee pitcher should be running laps after the game if they walk batters, especially down in the order guys. It's why this team gets blown out at least once very series.

You are exactly right. =D>

The Yankees lately are like the whole swine flu nonsense. Everything is blown completely way out of proportion by a few alarmists, and ultimately, it's not really that big of a deal.

Your team is poorly managed.

They have an economic advantage no one can touch. It is the only reason you are competitive.

They should not be looking at their 9th straight season without a title. It is not like they are getting better. They are getting progressively worse every year.

They have an economic advantage no one can touch. It is the only reason you are competitive.

They should not be looking at their 9th straight season without a title. It is not like they are getting better. They are getting progressively worse every year.

What's up dude? Too funny. :lol:

It hurts when Sox fans are right.

This team is awful.

What Melky did wasn't really a bad play in hindsight, because the chances of Pena or Molina getting a hit to drive him in in that situation are slimmer than their chances of getting a sac fly, grounder to the right spot or a fluky situation. Just so happens that on the fluky situation Melky would've scored from second too.

Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada, Andy Posada -- yes money is the ONLY reason the Yankees are competitive. Terrible post.

Archived