Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet Jesus, someone fire Girardi right now. How do you take out a pitcher who just had 8 straight Ks? Is there really that big a difference between 113 and 108 pitches?

I swear sometimes I think clueless Joe manages to set up the post game questions.

I thought I heard no on the FAN today.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090505&content_id=4576000&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

NEW YORK -- As a result of his high-wire, 32-pitch save on Monday, Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon was reduced to spectator status for Tuesday night's contest at Yankee Stadium.

Though Papelbon is 7-for-7 in save opportunities this season, he has had quite a few laborious outings along the way.

Slowly but surely, Papelbon -- who has worked a lot on mechanics the past few weeks -- feels that things are clicking back in for him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090505&content_id=4576000&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

NEW YORK -- As a result of his high-wire, 32-pitch save on Monday, Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon was reduced to spectator status for Tuesday night's contest at Yankee Stadium.

Though Papelbon is 7-for-7 in save opportunities this season, he has had quite a few laborious outings along the way.

Slowly but surely, Papelbon -- who has worked a lot on mechanics the past few weeks -- feels that things are clicking back in for him.

I thought I heard no on the FAN today.

Thanks.

The Red Sox take advantage of the breaks their given, the Yanks don't. That's why the Sox are the better team.

I noticed that Tito had Bay steal. Maybe Girardi could pick up a few tips. I think he could have sent Jeter in the seventh.

The Yankees are getting owned by the Sox this year. This is scary.

Does it even matter anymore, Max? This team is a joke and they always will be until this clown manager is gone. Pena did a better job in that loss yesterday, then Retardi has done all season.

If you could care less, then why do you keep reading, and responding to my posts? It seems you care just enough to keep coming back.

You said Okajima was terrible. I tried to have a baseball conversation. You spewed a personal attack. I thought this was the baseball board. My bad.

Does it even matter anymore, Max? This team is a joke and they always will be until this clown manager is gone. Pena did a better job in that loss yesterday, then Retardi has done all season.

The clutch hitting has been a problem way before Girardi

You said Okajima was terrible. I tried to have a baseball conversation. You spewed a personal attack. I thought this was the baseball board. My bad.

So saying you root for teams that you have no business rooting for is a personal attack.........

WOW...

If you don't like hearing me say that, then stay out of my posts, bandwagoner.

Carl has been a Penguin and Red Sox fan for longer than two years. Comeon dude, I know you're upset that we lost AGAIN to Boston, but this isn't all on Girardi. Girardi cannot force the players to come up with clutch hits, something that we've been lacking for more than a year and two months.

So saying you root for teams that you have no business rooting for is a personal attack.........

WOW...

You called me a bandwagoner. I am a Jets fan. Surely you see the two do not go together. We've had this discussion before where I've more than successfully defended my stance, and this is still all you can come up with.

And you have still yet to admit how wrong you are on Okajima.

I'll be waiting. :rolleyes:

Carl has been a Penguin and Red Sox fan for longer than two years. Comeon dude, I know you're upset that we lost AGAIN to Boston, but this isn't all on Girardi. Girardi cannot force the players to come up with clutch hits, something that we've been lacking for more than a year and two months.

So basically he's been rooting for those 2 teams for about as long as they have been good. More proof that he's a bandwagoner.

I'm not blaming only Girardi, it's perfectly fine the mistakes he makes, I am basically used to seeing him badly manage a bullpen by now anyway.

Archived