Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im factoring the new stadium and the performace of our overpiced aquistions. Add in the fact we've been completely blown off the field several times.

Believe me I'm just as pissed off as you but I'm not praying for some Jets football just yet. Who knew the new digs we be a band box early on?But I think this team is one hot streak away from turning this thing around.But we have to beat Boston if they play tonight.

Believe me I'm just as pissed off as you but I'm not praying for some Jets football just yet. Who knew the new digs we be a band box early on?But I think this team is one hot streak away from turning this thing around.But we have to beat Boston if they play tonight.

I know what youre saying,but I waited for that hot streak for 162 games last season, and it never came.

I dont see it being any different this season. This team just simply isnt good enought to put together 8-10 game winning streaks. If its any consolation...they arent bad enough to lose that many games in a row either.

If you're going to call me a homer, than can I call you a stupid bitch?

No, you ****ing can't.

There is a big difference between being called a homer and a stupid bitch.

Enough of that.

How about you compare what the Yankee developed players have done compared to what the Redsox developed players have done, then you'll get my point.

Melancon & Coke have proven nothing yet.

Like I said, Red Sox have done better than the Yankees, they've done better than everyone,they're the model franchise. But we have our share of homegrown talent as well.

No, you ****ing can't.

There is a big difference between being called a homer and a stupid bitch.

Enough of that.

I disagree. If someone personally attacks me, then I'll go right ahead and do the same.

Ban me if you like, I really don't give a sh*t.

I disagree. If someone personally attacks me, then I'll go right ahead and do the same.

Ban me if you like, I really don't give a sh*t.

If you can't see the difference between being called a homer and being called a stupid bitch, then you have serious problems my friend.

You are one thin skinned dude if being called a homer upsets you.

I'll bet you're a hoot at parties.

I personally think being called homer is worse than being called a prick (which DarkLady called me, but could careless)

I am a homer for the Mets, Jets and Rangers-see me upset about that. You need to get a grasp of reality. Stick to rooting for your team and not comment about others.

You're a prick.

Homer.

Stick to rooting for your team and not comment about others.

I'll just go back to JI, I'm sure that will make some of you guys very happy.

When someone says something I think is wrong, or disagree with, I put them to task.. I see nothing wrong with that.

Peace.

When someone says something I think is wrong, or disagree with, I put them to task.. I see nothing wrong with that.

Why does someone have to be "put to task" just because you do not agree with their opinion?

is yours' the only one that counts? That is the way you come across.

Peace.

Are you srsly insulted by being called a homer?

Peace.

There is a way of getting your point across, and speaking to people, without being personal, profane or disrespectful. She did not call you an a$$hole, prick, or even an idiot. Just a "homer" which, I think even you would agree, you are. That's not an insult. It's a term to describe passion and fervor.

This is quite possibly the silliest thread in the history of messageboards.

At least the Sox won.

I think even madmike would be embarrassed with this thread and Tyler's behaviour.

Kind of off topic, but it's these numbers that will someday force the Red Sox to build a bigger ballpark.

Why?

If they are ever to find land relatively close to Fenway and work something out with the local government. :rl:

I could see them bumping the attendance up a few thousand. Maybe, topping out at 40K.

Right now, with a 36K/37K capacity is perfect. They can create a demand on tickets and bump the prices up.

More fuel for the fire. What f**king morons.

Pretty insane, they would do that to O'neil. As a Met fan I didn't like him very much, but you have to respect the guy. He's fiery and goes all out. Kind of like the Mets treating Doc like a criminal. The problem is suits don't understand your everyday fans, and they don't care to understand either.

Pretty insane, they would do that to O'neil. As a Met fan I didn't like him very much, but you have to respect the guy. He's fiery and goes all out. Kind of like the Mets treating Doc like a criminal. The problem is suits don't understand your everyday fans, and they don't care to understand either.

We idolize the stars of the games we watch. Forever. The suits idolize the profit margin, even when it comes at the expense of alienating your heroes and fans.

That is not difficult to do, when you have more seats.

FACT-The Mets are actually selling a greater percentage of their total seats than the Yankees.

Opinion-Who cares, except for you who seems to have to have a knee jerk reaction to any Yankee opinion that does not agree with your own.

This is downright retarded. Percentage? Really? You think that is a legitimate comparison?

Maybe if the Mets were at 100%, meaning there were fans that WANTED to attend Mets games but physically CAN'T due to availablility, then you could make a case.

But the fact that there are empty seats means that the TOTAL NUMBER is all that matters. And the Yankees sell more tickets than the Mets. Bottom line.

End of story and 4th grade math lesson.

Why?

If they are ever to find land relatively close to Fenway and work something out with the local government. :rl:

I could see them bumping the attendance up a few thousand. Maybe, topping out at 40K.

Right now, with a 36K/37K capacity is perfect. They can create a demand on tickets and bump the prices up.

It will be a cold day in hell if we see a new Fenway in our lifetimes. I don't think Tyler realizes that getting public money to build sports stadiums just doesn't happen in Massachusetts.

TD BankNorth Garden: Privately funded by Delaware North (Jeremy Jacobs & the Bruins).

Gillette Staduim: Privately funded by Robert Kraft.

All the Commonwealth kicked in was money for infrastructure improvements for Gillette. I don't think they spent a dime for the new Garden.

It will be a cold day in hell if we see a new Fenway in our lifetimes. I don't think Tyler realizes that getting public money to build sports stadiums just doesn't happen in Massachusetts.

TD BankNorth Garden: Privately funded by Delaware North (Jeremy Jacobs & the Bruins).

All the Commonwealth kicked in was money for infrastructure improvements for Gillette. I don't think they spent a dime for the new Garden.

I know it will never happen.

Isn't Henry buying up most of the local surrounding property?

IMHO they will continue to refurbish the current stadium and try to squeeze maximum available seating.

Heads Up To All You Yankees and Red Sox Homers:

Avoid the personal insults and name calling.

You guys have been enemies long enough to be able to talk smack to each other without personal insults and language.

You're all better than that.

Unfortunately for you, none of your 3B are better than Brandon Inge.

Go Tigers. Play Nice.

G.O.B. :fighting0002:

LOL at the concept of giving kudos to Massachusetts politics.

Heads Up To All You Yankees and Red Sox Homers:

Avoid the personal insults and name calling.

You guys have been enemies long enough to be able to talk smack to each other without personal insults and language.

You're all better than that.

Unfortunately for you, none of your 3B are better than Brandon Inge.

Go Tigers. Play Nice.

G.O.B. :fighting0002:

When is Cabreera coming to Boston?

Vaginitis>Brian Cashman

LOL. Doesn't sound tasty. Someone brought up an interesting point on the Francessa show and he didn't give an answer to. Maybe you guys would know better.

Was it true that when the Yanks made the deal with the Pirates for Marte/Nady, they had a choice between Nady or Bay and they chose Nady? Any truth to that?

I know it will never happen.

Isn't Henry buying up most of the local surrounding property?

IMHO they will continue to refurbish the current stadium and try to squeeze maximum available seating.

They purchased some property but not nearly enough to build a new ballpark. They purchased that crappy bowling alley across from the Cask and Flagon and turned it into a Sports Bar.

As you know there is no real estate available in the area. South Boston was the most logical choice a few years ago but the politicians turned down Kraft in the late 90's and the previous Sox ownership in the early part of this decade.

The Commonwealth then built a convention centre in South Boston that nobody wanted (apart from the politicians).

Back on topic: Tyler you need to have a thicker skin. Being called a Homer is nothing like calling a woman a bitch.

Archived