THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!

Alk

A little nervous are we?

Seriously, I'm not too confident yet. Brady will be better next week. The Pats defense won't be though.

This, I think Sanchez will have to step up and really lead this offense. He was great in his first start last week and hopefully the running game does a better job in helping him out consistently. The Pats may not have much talent left on defense but they are well coached and will have some complex looks for the rookie to deal with.

Our defense was GREAT last week, but they're going to have to maintain or even improve on that level. The Pats offense is great at countering the blitz, which really worries me. You can't confuse Brady, he's seen it all. I'd expect us to rush 4 or 5 but bring them from all over, we wont be predictable, that's for damn sure.

I doubt 24 points wins this game for us.

This, I think Sanchez will have to step up and really lead this offense. He was great in his first start last week and hopefully the running game does a better job in helping him out consistently. The Pats may not have much talent left on defense but they are well coached and will have some complex looks for the rookie to deal with.

Our defense was GREAT last week, but they're going to have to maintain or even improve on that level. The Pats offense is great at countering the blitz, which really worries me. You can't confuse Brady, he's seen it all. I'd expect us to rush 4 or 5 but bring them from all over, we wont be predictable, that's for damn sure.

Don't forget that the Bills running game looked pretty good and I was really surprised at how well the Bills ran on the Pats. Yeah Jackson is pretty talented I believe, but the Pats didn't do as good a job as they usually do. I think (or hope) we have a lot more success on the ground that it'll open things up in the air for Sanchez and he can make some plays for us.

LOL, Alk.

But the Pats we saw yesterday were no better than the Pats we saw at the end of the 2007. They played close and found a way after the other team screwed up. The Giants didn't screw up so that's why they won in the SB.

This was not the same team as it was in the first half of 2007 where it was blowing teams out.

The Pats were at home against a bad Bills team and were losing until McKelvin made one of the biggest bonehead moves you'll see.

Richard Seymour was an absolute monster for the Raiders last night and the Pats defense will suffer because of his absence. The Pats are an Offense 1st team now with a scheme-to-get-by defense.

Incidently, Alk, the pig got slaughtered last year and when the Pats joined all the other SB losers this century (sans the Seahawks) who failed to make the playoffs the following season.

LOL, Alk.

But the Pats we saw yesterday were no better than the Pats we saw at the end of the 2007. They played close and found a way after the other team screwed up. The Giants didn't screw up so that's why they won in the SB.

This was not the same team as it was in the first half of 2007 where it was blowing teams out.

The Pats were at home against a bad Bills team and were losing until McKelvin made one of the biggest bonehead moves you'll see.

Richard Seymour was an absolute monster for the Raiders last night and the Pats defense will suffer because of his absence. The Pats are an Offense 1st team now with a scheme-to-get-by defense.

Incidently, Alk, the pig got slaughtered last year and when the Pats joined all the other SB losers this century (sans the Seahawks) who failed to make the playoffs the following season.

Um....this has been the case for a while now. Since the departure of Ty Law. I sh*t you not, since he has left, the defense has seen less emphasis. This could be complete coicidence since it coinsides with the rise of Brady....but the Pats have been an offense first team for a while now (even with Reche Caldwell).

The Seymour trade will pan out just fine. Richard had something to prove last night and it is a contract year. He's not the loss I am most worried about. What I still shake my head at is just tossing away Vrable for nothing. The LB corps will be the Pats achilles heal. They are the suck. With Mayo out (potentially for the season) I do not see it getting any better. The DB's were decent last night. Safties were okay. D-line still getting used to the 4-3. But, the linebackers are the suck.

Um....this has been the case for a while now. Since the departure of Ty Law. I sh*t you not, since he has left, the defense has seen less emphasis. This could be complete coicidence since it coinsides with the rise of Brady....but the Pats have been an offense first team for a while now (even with Reche Caldwell).

The Seymour trade will pan out just fine. Richard had something to prove last night and it is a contract year. He's not the loss I am most worried about. What I still shake my head at is just tossing away Vrable for nothing. The LB corps will be the Pats achilles heal. They are the suck. With Mayo out (potentially for the season) I do not see it getting any better. The DB's were decent last night. Safties were okay. D-line still getting used to the 4-3. But, the linebackers are the suck.

Good points. The Mayo injury is an absolute killer. He'd definately be out of the Jets game IMO.

I think after 2004 is when the Pats began to lean toward offense all the way to it is now. But the Pats D sucked under Mangini and rebound to the near the top the following year. The 2007 D was a mirage because they played with a big lead all the time. But since it's your team I'd defer to your opinion.

The transformation still surprises me though. Those championship teams were gritty, beat-em-up teams. Now the Pats are all glitz.

That's why I think the 2009 Pats are the Colts from the early 2000s. I wonder if the Jets can be the Pats from that same era.

Safties were okay. D-line still getting used to the 4-3. But, the linebackers are the suck.

I really don't think you can say the safties were ok, they weren't even really tested. Edwards dumped screens and short passes all night. I thought I was watching Chad back there.

Your d couldn't penetrate the bills o-line, which I think says a lot considering 3 of them never started a game before. Your team better come up with some big adjustments because if you guys come at the jets like that next week, it will get ugly.

imo the runnign game stunk cause the texans were daring teh sanchez to beat them..

Good post. The pats haven't had a real good defense since 2004 (SInce Mangina took over actually). I don't understand why people still consider them a top flight defensive team..

I know I'm probably going to get killed for this...

But I liked the idea of running a no-huddle against the Patriots. It really tired out their D-line. We don't have to run it all game but it might be enough to wear down the line and break off big runs. It'll be interesting for sure.

yea it was fun watching Wilfat about to have a heart attack-ack-ack

But I liked the idea of running a no-huddle against the Patriots. It really tired out their D-line. We don't have to run it all game but it might be enough to wear down the line and break off big runs. It'll be interesting for sure.

We can tire their D-line without running no-huddle. If two rookies can manhandle the Pats D-line like that, what are Mangold and Faneca going to do to them?

The Pats D is a huge weakness and is the main reason they are not a legitimate contender.

If they were playing just a competent offensive team last night, they would have gotten smoked. Good offenses are going to have a field day with the Pats D this year.

+1, NE defense was gassed. Hopefully Jets coaching staff took notice.

This NE team underestimated Buffalo IMO, I don't expect them to be the same when they come to NY, its a week to week league. Especially when they have all that BS 'bulletin board material' this off season.

Archived