Will Herm Ever Win The SuperBowl

Maxman

As head coach of the New York Jets, will Herman Edwards ever win the Super Bowl?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. As head coach of the New York Jets, will Herman Edwards ever win the Super Bowl?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhhh...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If only the league didn't rope Terry into hiring Hermie, the Jets would have won it all for sure. Lord knows, Terry gave him the players.

That hurts! Those words being thrown in my face like that, they really hurt!

If the Jets win the Super Bowl, it will be in SPITE of Herman on the sidelines. The way the league is set up now, as you get into the playoffs it is the coaches that win the games, less than the players. IMO, Herm will keep getting exposed as a nitwit from here until eternity in the playoffs. He's a clown. Tony Dungy redux.

If the Jets win the Super Bowl, it will be in SPITE of Herman on the sidelines. The way the league is set up now, as you get into the playoffs it is the coaches that win the games, less than the players. IMO, Herm will keep getting exposed as a nitwit from here until eternity in the playoffs. He's a clown. Tony Dungy redux.

Holy English Lit major. It was a Yes or No type of thing.

Holy English Lit major. It was a Yes or No type of thing.

"I am frightened: I dare think this way no more. This way lies the abyss. It is not now the time but I will not lose these thoughts, I will keep them, shut them away until the war is ended. My heart beats fast: this is the aim, the great, sole aim, that I have thought of in the trenches; that I have looked for as the only possibility of existence after this annihilation of all human feeling; this is a task that will make life afterward worthy of these hideous years" (Remarque, All Quiet on the Western Front, 194).

Exactly.

:lol::lol::lol:

I actually caught a bit of the Sureal Life late yesterday afternoon - it was surreal alright! Bridgitte Nelson and Flava Fav - quite the odd, disgusting couple. Anyway, they showed a clip where Flava was doing some sort of rap master show with The Funky Bunch...and I got to thinking. Flav has this big a@@ clock hanging from his neck and it occured to me that Hermie -The Clock Management Clown- Edwards could really use something like that. :wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

I actually caught a bit of the Sureal Life laste yesterday afternoon - it was surreal alright! Bridgitte Nelson and Flava Fav - quite the odd, disgusting couple. Anyway, they showed a clip where Flava was doing some sort of rap master show with The Funky Bunch...and I got to thinking. Flav has this big a@@ clock hanging from his neck and it occured to me that Hermie -The Clock Management Clown- Edwards could really use something like that. :wink:

It would not help unless it is digital.

Yes, I think he can.

Given two quality X & O Co-ordinators (which, IMO, he has now) and a top 10 in league talented team (which he does not have right now IMO), he can win the Super Bowl.

Barring that, he could still win the big game, but some outside things would have to fall in his favor.

ok..ggg, does that mean you have given up on next season already?maybe with hendu and dinger ...he can do it. :) i a am just not ready to concede yet. call me an optimist.;)

HELLOOOOOO. We're talking about Herman "He can't coach grapefruit" Edwards.

I didn't vote on this poll because you just don't know in The NFL.

How can I give an exact answer either way?

Right now, Edwards is a middle of the pack head coach. He's got some strengths and some weaknesses.

Unless, He improves as a head coach managing a game. He will never be a top tier head coach.In every other area, He is extremely strong.

I love The Terry was forced to hire him garbage. LOL and The Terry gave him the players nonsense.

Last offseason. Bradway was dead to Jets fans and we were reeling after signing all these greats like Curtis Conway and Chester McGlockton. 2004 was going to be Terry's final season. Now all of a sudden, He's Bill Walsh.LOL

I think Edwards is a good enough head coach to lead this team far. He's already proven that.

To win a superbowl. He's gotta be better than he has been.

The team talent wise has not been good enough to be a superbowl team. They have been on that second level.

Winning a superbowl doesn't just come down to who your head coach is. You need talent and you need some luck.

It would help if your best offensive player, Chad Pennington is healthy and your best defensive player, John Abraham is on the field. Jets could have gone farther last year if not for those two guys being hurt.

They were one good kick away from playing The Champs in New England despite not having their two best players at full strength.

hmmm like the reality of losing both your OC and DC... and other members of your "dynasty" ? ;):lol:

Hey I have a DVD or three to fall back onto when my team falls from their perch. Good thing, I have awhile before I will need it.

I didn't vote on this poll because you just don't know in The NFL.

How can I give an exact answer either way?

Right now, Edwards is a middle of the pack head coach. He's got some strengths and some weaknesses.

Unless, He improves as a head coach managing a game. He will never be a top tier head coach.In every other area, He is extremely strong.

I love The Terry was forced to hire him garbage. LOL and The Terry gave him the players nonsense.

Last offseason. Bradway was dead to Jets fans and we were reeling after signing all these greats like Curtis Conway and Chester McGlockton. 2004 was going to be Terry's final season. Now all of a sudden, He's Bill Walsh.LOL

I think Edwards is a good enough head coach to lead this team far. He's already proven that.

To win a superbowl. He's gotta be better than he has been.

The team talent wise has not been good enough to be a superbowl team. They have been on that second level.

Winning a superbowl doesn't just come down to who your head coach is. You need talent and you need some luck.

It would help if your best offensive player, Chad Pennington is healthy and your best defensive player, John Abraham is on the field. Jets could have gone farther last year if not for those two guys being hurt.

They were one good kick away from playing The Champs in New England despite not having their two best players at full strength.

I must say, I dig the new YJF. :lol:

Good post YJF.

As I have said before, I think Herm will be alot more successful on his next HC gig.

Like Belichick, he will need to step back and evaluate what he did right and wrong.

The Pats have won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls without having any luck. :wink:

Oh come on, You can't be serious. You gotta be joking.LOL

I am assuming that you are joking around. This coming from a franchise that got the tuck rule in their favor and had a kicker kick out of bounds to give you guys great field position for a game winning field goal.

All Pats fans know that if The Panthers win that coin toss in overtime. You guys are losing that game.

I am not trying to discredit the pats. I always give that team their due. But they have gotten some breaks along the way.

Like all champions do. The Giants got Norwood, They got a Roger Craig fumble, They got Montana injured in The NFC Championship.

In order to go all the way, You need some breaks.

I am assuming that you are joking around. This coming from a franchise that got the tuck rule in their favor and had a kicker kick out of bounds to give you guys great field position for a game winning field goal.

All Pats fans know that if The Panthers win that coin toss in overtime. You guys are losing that game.

I am not trying to discredit the pats. I always give that team their due. But they have gotten some breaks along the way.

Like all champions do. The Giants got Norwood, They got a Roger Craig fumble, They got Montana injured in The NFC Championship.

In order to go all the way, You need some breaks.

YJ, Tex is right. Luck had nothing to do with Walt Coleman being paid off. That thar was a cold, hard cash-based legal transaction.

YJ, Tex is right. Luck had nothing to do with Walt Coleman being paid off. That thar was a cold, hard cash-based legal transaction.

LMAO :lol: That freaking Bob Kraft has had the refs in his pocket. That Colt AFC Championship game was a joke. The refs were allergic to the color yellow.

No, I'm dead serious YJF. :wink:

The best one was the Pats-Bills game late in the 2001 season.

Pats are driving and Patten (I think that who it was) catches a pass and gets completely blasted by two Bills defenders.

The play was originally called a fumble and the Bills had the ball. After the review, it was over turned because when Patten was lying on the field unconcious, his helmut was laying on the out-of-bounds marker.

Because he was ruled out-of-bounds, the play was reversed, Pats kept the ball and went down to kick the game winning FG. :wink:

I believe so, maybe within the next 3-4 years. Since he brought in Hendu, there's been a good-cop/bad-cop relationship there. Now that can apply to the Offense now that Dinger is here. 2 in-your-face assistants with the gentle, Tony Robbins styled coach. It could work.

Archived