CHAD DONE FOR SEASON

InstantClassic

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad, time to throw in the towel. Only do it with your left because you'll have nothing with your right. I cannot imagine him coming back as a starter, I can see him compete for the starting position (Miami, Oakland, Tampa) next year or be a veteran back-up with 1 more year left in that arm if any. There's only so much rehabbing and Dr. James Andrews one can endure before they call it quits.

He'll be on somebody's coaching staff as a QB coach though

I actually feel bad for Chad, that sucks. He worked hard to get where he is and injuries kind of took it all away.

Not sad for the winless Dolphins though. I hope Chad can rehab and someday come back to the Jets as their 3rd strong QB.

By the way, what's the bigger I told you so? Us warning Fins fans this past year? Or us warning Chiefs fans about Herm several years back? It's a tough call.

Out of the gate its a tough call, but considering all of the factors, it is Chad with the Phins wins by a landslide. The Chiefs fans had Herm figured out WAAAAYYY quicker than Jets fans did. They were done with him by the end of his first year. The Dolphins fans on the other hand should have known better with Chad considering all of the years sharing a division with the guy, but they still not only didn't listen, but fell head over heels in love with him the like a giant collective of LGJ's. They then proceeded to talk so much crap after the fact too, despite the impending doom that was rapidly approaching for them.

So from day one it may've been a tossup, but after that, the Dolphins had it by a mile.

Out of the gate its a tough call, but considering all of the factors, it is Chad with the Phins wins by a landslide. The Chiefs fans had Herm figured out WAAAAYYY quicker than Jets fans did. They were done with him by the end of his first year. The Dolphins fans on the other hand should have known better with Chad considering all of the years sharing a division with the guy, but they still not only didn't listen, but fell head over heels in love with him the like a giant collective of LGJ's. They then proceeded to talk so much crap after the fact too, despite the impending doom that was rapidly approaching for them.

So from day one it may've been a tossup, but after that, the Dolphins had it by a mile.

Imagine how Patriot fans thought about us when we fell head over heels with Eric Mangini ;)

I actually feel bad for Chad, that sucks. He worked hard to get where he is and injuries kind of took it all away.

Not sad for the winless Dolphins though. I hope Chad can rehab and someday come back to the Jets as their 3rd strong QB.

Forget that, I don't want James Chadwick within a few hundred miles of Sanchez as long as we can avoid it. Sanchez is everything that Chad is not, lets keep it that way.

Forget that, I don't want James Chadwick within a few hundred miles of Sanchez as long as we can avoid it. Sanchez is everything that Chad is not, lets keep it that way.

Seriously...I don't him and his yellow approach to football anywhere near Ryan and this jets team.. Let him go play for Mangina in Cleveland

Absolutely. Chad's a "play to tie, let someone else make a play to win" type of guy. Good luck to Chad, but the Jets have freed themselves from his influence and are better for it.

But, man, think of how Mangini, Herm, and Chad had impacted other franchises long term after they left. Scary.

I think his career as a STARTER is over. If and when he comes back, he's definitely a clipboard carrier. Even the Dolphins will have a replacement for him by the time 2010 rolls around, one way or another.

It's a shame, too. I cringe at the fact that, if Pennington never throws another NFL pass, he will go down as "the most accurate QB of all time". What a flawed stat.

I agree with this regarding RJF's question...

Dolphag fans new damn well what they were getting in Chadwick and they still let taking advantage of an easy schedule and the shock element win them over.

Chadwick is a sad story. One of the true what if's this league has ever known.

I agree with this regarding RJF's question...

Dolphag fans new damn well what they were getting in Chadwick and they still let taking advantage of an easy schedule and the shock element win them over.

Chadwick is a sad story. One of the true what if's this league has ever known.

Huh? This idea that Chad was destined for greatness if not for injuries makes no sense to me. First off, the fact is that his fragile body is just as much a part of Chad pennington the person as is his accuracy with the football.

Further he plays scared, always had and always will. Scared QB's that fold under pressure don't become great QB's they just don't...

Huh? This idea that Chad was destined for greatness if not for injuries makes no sense to me. First off, the fact is that his fragile body is just as much a part of Chad pennington the person as is his accuracy with the football.

Further he plays scared, always had and always will. Scared QB's that fold under pressure don't become great QB's they just don't...

Wait, was it his physical limitations that held him back against good defensive units, or his will?

I think you are confusing the two.

Archived