Sanchez Tracker - Every Pass Week 5 vs Miami Video

Jetfanmack

http://www.jetsdaily.com/2009/10/week-5-mark-sanchez-tracker-every-pass.html

Enjoy! Now I can finally go to bed... It might not play right away because it's still processing, but by the time normal people wake up, it should be fine.

Normal people? I've been up for two hours. I bet Panzer and Irish are up too. Is Mavrick still in Germany? He's probably up. It's working fine for me. Thanks.

Normal people? I've been up for two hours. I bet Panzer and Irish are up too. Is Mavrick still in Germany? He's probably up. It's working fine for me. Thanks.

Yup. I think Sanchez played well, still had a few near picks though.

Can't complain about him though, so far he's been a complete success.

this kid has some serious lucky stars and guardian angels on his side. I think defenders have dropped about 4 INT's (just a guess) from him

with that said, agree with prior posts, he throws a great deep ball, but the high ones over the middle continue to be a problem. when he throws over the middle or to the outside I hold my breath, when he throws deep I get excited

it's very nice shotty lets him audible, that shows impressive grasp of the offense for a college senior :)

this kid has some serious lucky stars and guardian angels on his side. I think defenders have dropped about 4 INT's (just a guess) from him

with that said, agree with prior posts, he throws a great deep ball, but the high ones over the middle continue to be a problem. when he throws over the middle or to the outside I hold my breath, when he throws deep I get excited

it's very nice shotty lets him audible, that shows impressive grasp of the offense for a college senior :)

The two worst ones were to Edwards. On one on the sideline Edwards stumbled and Will Allen ran up behind him, almost over him and dropped the pick and on one over the middle he looked like Sanchez and Edwards weren't in synch on the route and the throw was way in front. Hopefully that will be less of a problem when they work together more. OTOH, it may just be because that's who Sanchez is trying to force it to now.

Surprised Keller didn't do more this week, but Clowney did some decent work.

The two worst ones were to Edwards. On one on the sideline Edwards stumbled and Will Allen ran up behind him, almost over him and dropped the pick and on one over the middle he looked like Sanchez and Edwards weren't in synch on the route and the throw was way in front. Hopefully that will be less of a problem when they work together more. OTOH, it may just be because that's who Sanchez is trying to force it to now.

Surprised Keller didn't do more this week, but Clowney did some decent work.

Mack First I

I don't think Sanchez is tall enough to get it over both lineman and linbackers. Those medium passes in the middle of the field are a problem.

Drew Brees is 6'0", and he NEVER has any problems getting passes deflected by linemen, LB's. It's more about the arm angle than height. Take for example, Vince Young. 6'5", throws sidearm. He is much more vulnerable to the size of LB's/DL'men. Sanchez, according to scouts, has a very good height of the ball when it's released from his hand. I'm not too worried about this. He is still inexperienced and learning. He has all the talent & height necessary.

Drew Brees is 6'0", and he NEVER has any problems getting passes deflected by linemen, LB's. It's more about the arm angle than height. Take for example, Vince Young. 6'5", throws sidearm. He is much more vulnerable to the size of LB's/DL'men. Sanchez, according to scouts, has a very good height of the ball when it's released from his hand. I'm not too worried about this. He is still inexperienced and learning. He has all the talent & height necessary.

Agreed, the height thing is BS. Go look at how tall the QB's in the HOF are.

Sanchez

What about the happy feet? And the Vickesque tendency to tuck and run?

I know you are just trolling, but I don't think he has happy feet or tucks and runs too quick. I do think that he has too great a tendency to roll out away from the pressure rather than stepping into the pocket or setting up a block. Seems like he thinks he can roll faster than the pressure and he can't.

Actually, he has the Marino shuffle. Avoiding pressure while keeping his eyes downfield. And when he pulls the trigger, he sets his feet beautifully before throwing. this is one of his greatest strengths. Funny that you would see that as a weakness. :confused:

I'll agree with the happy feet agrument since there are some throws he's hoping around and it looks like his feet are unsettled as he throws. If he did not make it up with delivering accurate strikes then I would be concerned and worried. As for the Vick tendency to tuck and run, I don't agree with any. He runs when there's no clear options, when the pocket is breaking or he's got the space to make a play for a first. My one fear is that when he does decide to scramble to tuck the ball or even slide (unlike him giving the good ol' truck stick) like he did to score a TD. The kid's got balls and is far from a complete product but he's also gotta protect himself and not get hurt.

Those throws to Edwards and Clowney were excellent, I mean I would be lying to say I didn't rewind that Clowney throw to see it again, see his feet, the air time, etc. The kid has it all, and is really proving me wrong and making me eat crow. I just want to see how much his tunnel vision of Edwards is gonna get turned off when Cotchery gets back because it could become a big-time problem if he doesn't look off safeties or go through his 2nd and 3rd progressions

I know you are just trolling, but I don't think he has happy feet or tucks and runs too quick. I do think that he has too great a tendency to roll out away from the pressure rather than stepping into the pocket or setting up a block. Seems like he thinks he can roll faster than the pressure and he can't.

Obviously.

My only point in the unabashed Sanchez ball washing is that he does have some bad habits when pressure is applied. Like all QBs.

His second TD pass to Braylon was a thing of beauty. The kid has a cannon. Braylon made an excellent catch, but that was an on target bullett. He is going to be real good.

Archived