Anyone ever travel to Oakland for a game?

lawngnome o-line

All I've heard since I've gotten out her to California is if you wear the opposing teams jersey in Oakland you will get your ass handed to you.

They said that even dad's don't bring their kids to Oakland since the stadium is so gang related and violent that it is not worth it.

If anyone has been out here or has a story from a game here I'd appreciate it.

I'll support my team, and wear my jersey proudly, as long as it doesn't get me stabbed

I was told the same thing, but being your average stubborn guy, I said whatever and went to the game with my jersey on. Usually when I go to a hostile environment I throw on the old school Namath jersey, because even if they hate me, more often than not I'll get a 'nice jersey man' from a handful of fans.

Long story short...got a few 'great jersey man,' but I also got, what the fcuk are you looking at bitch, i'll **** your mother..basically, it was the only time I actually felt unsafe at an opposing stadium. Not everyone there was bad, I was lucky enough to be seated near some normal fans, but I would recommend not doing it, no one would question your fanhood there.

The crowd at the Raiders games are one of those "Bad Images" that the hypocritical NFL pretends not to notice.

I wouldn't even go there with my off-duty gun and wear Jets colors, for the simple fact my Glock 27 only holds 9+1 and after I shot the 10th guy, there would be 40 more fans on me before I could reload.

Go to the game, play dumb, wear regular clothes, enjoy the game from within.

All I've heard since I've gotten out her to California is if you wear the opposing teams jersey in Oakland you will get your ass handed to you.

They said that even dad's don't bring their kids to Oakland since the stadium is so gang related and violent that it is not worth it.

If anyone has been out here or has a story from a game here I'd appreciate it.

I'll support my team, and wear my jersey proudly, as long as it doesn't get me stabbed

Even if you do not wear Jets stuff you will be bothered unless you wear silver & black. Do not go near the black hole they will taunt you. I seen Fireman Ed outside the Coliseum and Faider fans surrounded him and chanted kill. It is a crazy place.

I went to the Jets-Raiders playoff game in '02 (January of '03 actually) and, for the tailgate, wore a plain sweatshirt over my jersey to avoid any problems. We were sitting above the black hole and, after the Jets took the lead, I was feeling good and took off the sweatshirt.

The insults and objects (loose change, empty cups, peanuts, etc) began raining down instantly, but luckily I didn't get anything bad thrown at me (ie. beer, nachos, etc). I wasn't really a big deal and the insults were mostly amusing and not overly malicious. Some of the guys sitting around me were actually pretty cool, but most of that is because I wasn't cheering loudly or taunting anyone and was ragging on the Jets more than them by the end of the game. I am also a pretty large person, so that didn't hurt my situation.

I will say that I got the feeling that if the Jets had won, since it was a playoff game, I might have gotten my ass kicked.

I've been there for a Raiders/Chargers game and wisely cheered for the Raiders. I don't recall seeing any Chargers stuff in the stands. The fans are the craziest I've seen. The stadium is in a crappy part of maybe the worst city in America. Not going back.

Archived