Cutler sh*tting the bed v. The 49ers

Vudu

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of you are a bunch of inbreds. You guys are glad the Jets didn't take Cutler?

look at the *****in stats. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/7760/ (check his yards per year, even with the crappy WR's he's got he's on pace for another 4,000 yarder. Everyone STFU, NOW!)

He doesn't have WR's, he's in a run first system thats making him throw a lot. Again his number 1 WR was a starting DB a couple years ago. Most of you in here are just a bunch of windbags and I catch enjoyment/excitement reading this hot garbage. Imagine Cutler here with Cotch and Braylon?

The ignorance and utterly disgusting!

LOL, s dubb just went postal.

Funny thing is, Cutler is 26 years old and the last time he had a winning season was senior year in High School when he was 18.

Cutler's done a bad job of finding good teammates over the last 8 years.

Haven't you heard? He's a gunslinger with a cannon arm.

LOL & true.

I think it's total BS to criticize Cutler's supporting cast in Chicago now after the Bears were bona fide SB contenders to start the season after they traded for Cutler.

Everyone thought the Bears would be great this year (except for the few of us who were leary of Cutler because of his history of mistakes).

It's the proverbial: you can't have it both ways. You can't say that the Bears would be great once they get Cutler, and when they're not say that it's Cutler's supporting cast that is the problem.

The bottom line is that if Cutler played better the team would have a better record than 4-5.

Remember, the Bears beat the Steelers this year when Cutler played well.

(check his yards per year, even with the crappy WR's he's got he's on pace for another 4,000 yarder. Everyone STFU, NOW!)

Total passing yardage is a volume stat that tells you nothing about a player beyond "his team throws the ball a lot."

Lo and behold, Cutler was 2nd in the NFL in passing attempts in 2008, and 1st this season.

The ignorance and utterly disgusting!

+1

LOL & true.

I think it's total BS to criticize Cutler's supporting cast in Chicago now after the Bears were bona fide SB contenders to start the season after they traded for Cutler.

Everyone thought the Bears would be great this year (except for the few of us who were leary of Cutler because of his history of mistakes).

It's the proverbial: you can't have it both ways. You can't say that the Bears would be great once they get Cutler, and when they're not say that it's Cutler's supporting cast that is the problem.

The bottom line is that if Cutler played better the team would have a better record than 4-5.

Remember, the Bears beat the Steelers this year when Cutler played well.

Urlacher went down in 1st game of season and the Def has been awful every

other game

Forte has no running lanes, their OL has regressed bigtime

Bears did not draft a wideout, very weak at WR

Cutler has a ****ty attitude but a lot falls on GM and Lovie

I was against cutler coming to NY because of his tude and NYC dont mix

Given the proper supporting cast he can be a bigtime Qb

Given the proper supporting cast he can be a bigtime Qb

I hear you on your other points, but this one jumps out to address ...

Bigtime QBs make the supporting cast better. Unfortunately, Cutler has not done a great job of that. To his credit, though, he did help Brandon Marshall alot.

That said, this "proper supporting cast" argument is getting kinda old, don't you think?

Cutler defenders have been making that same argument for EIGHT YEARS. They said it at Vandy. They said it with the Broncos. And now they're saying it in Chicago.

Thing is, a better supporting cast makes any ol' QB look better. But the 11th overall pick who the Bears traded 2 No. 1st rounders for should be better than any ol' QB.

Cutler is 26 years old and is still just a great talent. He is far from being a great QB, though.

I hear you on your other points, but this one jumps out to address ...

Bigtime QBs make the supporting cast better. Unfortunately, Cutler has not done a great job of that. To his credit, though, he did help Brandon Marshall alot.

That said, this "proper supporting cast" argument is getting kinda old, don't you think?

Cutler defenders have been making that same argument for EIGHT YEARS. They said it at Vandy. They said it with the Broncos. And now they're saying it in Chicago.

Thing is, a better supporting cast makes any ol' QB look better. But the 11th overall pick who the Bears traded 2 No. 1st rounders for should be better than any ol' QB.

Cutler is 26 years old and is still just a great talent. He is far from being a great QB, though.

Do you really think Peyton and Brady could win anymore games with that OL

Cutler is at least mobile to escape for his life

I watch all bears games as i have Forte on my fantasy team, NO QB is winning

without a running game and without decent wideouts and an OL that is simply

terrible.

No clue what happened to OL as last year they played much better and Forte

had running lanes

He was actually pretty bad even before last night's game. In almost every statistical category he was already outside the top 15 and even top 20 in a few categories. Not trading for him is really beginning to look like a brilliant move. As many turnovers as he has this season, I'm willing to bet he'd have even more working under Schott.

Yes and yes

No matter who surrounds Cutler, he still has a 10 cent brain and will make the same boneheaded mistakes. Those two endzone INTs last night were nobody's fault but his own...and the defenders that apparantly resembled Chicago Bears.

No matter who surrounds Cutler, he still has a 10 cent brain and will make the same boneheaded mistakes. Those two endzone INTs last night were nobody's fault but his own...and the defenders that apparantly resembled Chicago Bears.

Agreed Alk. He makes too many of those bone headed throws. Damn, he threw it straight to 49er defenders both times. They get fg's there the Bears prolly win. Which would have made fans more at ease with the picks that weren't totally on him. Just a horrible performance for a so-called franchise QB.

Also, I'd bet the Peyton, Brady or Ben would all take blame for their INT's rather than deflect as he did.

Yeah. Here's the thing, like I said, this guy has guts, and a lot of good talents. When he is on, he is one of the best in the league and looks unstoppable. But he is too inconsistent and when he's bad he is truly bad. I don't hate the guy and I won't say he has a bad arm and he can never have a good game, but he is just not a good QB in the long run.

I believe he has 15 INTs in 5 road games this year. Fortunately for him, for his remaining 7 games, I think he only has 3 more road games. This guy is a better Garrard, you can only start him at home.

Cutler has not been too bad with Chicago, he's just been inconsistent. 9 of his picks have came in 2 games, in most games he's been by far and away their best player.

I've never been his biggest fan at all but to say he's been awful in Chicago is a joke. As always the QB will get blamed for it all but the guy is under immense pressure on just about every snap, oh and his best WR is a converted CB.

Gimme' a break. He's a good, young, talented QB who like Tony Romo is going from very overrated to very underrated in a heartbeat.

The throws for 4,000 yards per year. He's struggling right now. It happens. This is his first year with the Bears. I can't believe nobody here (Jets fans) wouldn't want these kinds of numbers from their Q.B.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/7760/

:rl: You're really hung up on that 4,000 yds. Did you see the stat on how many INTs he has thrown in the endzone? Not redzone but endzone.

:rl: You're really hung up on that 4,000 yds. Did you see the stat on how many INTs he has thrown in the endzone? Not redzone but endzone.

Yep.

And I don't know where s dubb get's "4,000 yds per year" since Cutler has been in the NFL 3 years prior to this and threw for over 4K only once.

He'll likely surpass 4K this year, but so what? How could s dubb believe that any Jet fan--right now--would want a QB on pass to throw for 4,000 yds and 30 INTs???

Agreed Alk. He makes too many of those bone headed throws. Damn, he threw it straight to 49er defenders both times. They get fg's there the Bears prolly win. Which would have made fans more at ease with the picks that weren't totally on him. Just a horrible performance for a so-called franchise QB.

Also, I'd bet the Peyton, Brady or Ben would all take blame for their INT's rather than deflect as he did.

I'll give ya Brady and Ben but Peyton would be waving his arms, shrugging his shoulders and pointing fingers.

Huh, what are you guys talking about? Cutler apologized to the team for ****ing up. The guy has had some terrible games, but to paint him as a delusional egotist is just wrong:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/1882203,CST-SPT-bear13.article

Picky, picky, picky for Bears

Offense has no chance with Cutler's five interceptions

Comments

November 13, 2009

BY BRAD BIGGS bbiggs@suntimes.com

</div> You can't write off the franchise that began the season with such high hopes, but nobody in the locker room could look anyone in the eye after a 10-6 loss to the 49ers on Thursday night at Candlestick Park and say they're going to come out of this slide any time soon.

The Bears (4-5) are 3

I'll give ya Brady and Ben but Peyton would be waving his arms, shrugging his shoulders and pointing fingers.

Christ another patsie troll with a doofy Will Ferrell avatar

Brady is the biggest sissy in NFL, all the whining to refs after each hit

Comeon Man back to your hole

manning has been all class these last 5 years

Cutler is not good and he is very overrated. Part of being a great QB is making the receivers better. He hasn't done squat as of yet. He's lucky he had a good offensive line and Brandon Marshall in Denver or he'll be labeled a bust by now.

Again, Cutler is the most overrated QB in the league and it's not even close. Sucks he got a contract extension.

On top of that, the Bears might give up a Top 15 pick.

Your a joke.

3 4,000 yard seasons out of what 4 years he's been in the league and on his way to another 4,000 yard season with the Bears. He has no WR's. 3 of those picks weren't his fault.

Your right.. he sucks. :rolleyes: Favre does this and people gobble his balls.

At what level has Jay Cutler ever won?

Were talking about Jay Cutler as a player. Bottom line is he's good and in the upper echelon of QB's in the league. Shanahan left him and things went south. From a personal standpoint Jay has been a beast. I've never heard a Q.B get as bashed with numbers like he has. This site is amazing!

Archived