Jets Fan Arrested at Chargers/Jets Game for Jets Chant

diiiiilooooch

Here's what someone who posted the video on youtube wrote as a description:

Jets Fans arrested at the Jets vs Chargers game for chanting Jets. Guy gets arrested early in the 3rd Quarter before they even started winning. I was surprised as everyone else in the video that he was taken away. This guy was obnoxious but didn't deserve to be arrested. In fact moments before this this woman in a wheelchair asked him to come down and she slapped him in the face and said shut the F*** up. He did nothing and just walked back to his seat with his wife. This may have premeditated the police to come down in the first place. So i guess insult to injury...slapped in the face and yanked before he saw his team come back and win.
My guess is that someone notified them of the wheelchair woman incident (LOL btw) and they came down to question him about it; told him to come with them, he refused cause wtf would want to quit watching the game at that point, and they started manhandling him. They practically did the same thing with the Chargers fan they ushered away at the end, except he didn't resist. Just a guess though. Sucks to be that guy. He should at least get his money back for the tix.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the 1.39 mark the guy says "I earn $50 thousand a year, your arresting the wrong person". Screw him, he was being a jerk and if they didn't arrest him he would have gotten beat up eventually.

I didn't hear him say that.

I just logged back on since getting home from work. I went for a 60 min bike ride & managed to only violate the rights of 4 people during my trek. I'm defintely getting better.

Don't worry. If I'm still around I will speak up when they come for you.

The idea that none of you were there, yet are all convinced that the cops were wrong and arrested the guy for no reason, is insulting. You people have no idea what transpired before hand. None of you were there and therefore, none of you have a clue as to what really happened. Quit relying on what you choose to believe as the truth to base your unsubstantiated opinions on the matter.

the thingis you have numerous eye witnesses there claiming he didn't do anything wrong. add to that not a single witness claiming that the guy did in fact do something wrong. and then you can add to that the fact that alot of peopel have had to deal with cops harrassing them and being dicks to them for no good reaosn at least once in their lives and likely much more than that and then you get why people have such a sh*tty attitude towards cops. question......how many people have you ticketed for speeding and how many times have you been speeding in your own personal vehicle since giving those tickets out? cops around here all go to a local bar/grill and get trashed and drive away weekly......how many people do you think they've busted for dui? how many times do yo uthink they've changed lanes without using a lbinker and yet have hada hand in jacking someones car insurance up and hitting them with surcharges for giving the same stupid ticket?

At the 1.39 mark the guy says "I earn $50 thousand a year, your arresting the wrong person". Screw him, he was being a jerk and if they didn't arrest him he would have gotten beat up eventually.

Living in CA I can tell you one of the reasons why SD is a better place to live in than LA is because they never let the police force go PC on everybody. So I'm glad they hauled him off.

It's actually the San Diego fan that sticks up for the Jets fan, clapping sarcastically saying "Way to earn your $60 thousand a year officer... you're arresting the wrong person."

Not that it matters.

y'knwo this has me pretty annoyed.....here's a great example. my brother was driving my truck home late night (3 in the morning). he was tired, and had a coupel of beers much earlier in the night. pulled over because he turned into the left lane and then got over to the right instead of just turning directly into the right lane. so BS reaosn to pull someone over in the first place right? well since his eyes were tired the cop assumed he was wasted. the kid was nervous and was shaking a bit during the tests so the cop failed him and arrested him. took him in and he blew a 0.00. so the cop makes him wait there for a drug expert to come in because there's no way he's not just tired but he has to be wasted on some drug right? the expert does his screening and then the cop gives hima few tickets including a dui. so now it's cost at least $1000 for lawyer......the experts screening came back fine for my brother but the cop didn't want to drop all the charges completely so my brother had to wind up taking a reckless driving charge merged for the turning into the wrong lane i guess. this is just one of many examples of why io hardly respect cops. i'm sure gob is a good guy.....but its jus been my experience that more often than not cops are d-bags. i wondr how many times this particular scumbag cop has had a few beers and drove since.

Everyone has a story. Everyone has a reason. Everyone has some example why they don't like cops.

That's all your right, however personally, I truly and unequivocally do not care. I don't care if you do like cops or don't. I don't care if you think they're all heroes or douchebags. I don't care if you've been helped by one or feel you've been wronged. I don't care if you got a ticket, had a friend arrested, or anything else. You're all entitled to your opinion and I for one, am not going to tell you you're wrong, off-base, or anything else. If that's how you truly feel on the issue, so be it. Good for you and stick with it. You might be right, you might not be. I don't know...I just know I don't care either way. If I lost an ounce of sleep for every person who didn't like me for my line of work, I'd be a tired mo-fo.

If you go back and look at my original argument, it had nothing to do with the overall perception of cops, just the specific event. My argument was simple: None of us were there, so leave somewhat of an open mind as to what happened. You and I both know the same amount on what happened: NOTHING. Hell, the whole time all I have argued is that either side could be wrong, but we'll never know because none of us were there. If you want to formulate your own hypothesis off of 3:41 of anonymous cell phone video and convince yourself that your interpretation of events is fact, good for you.

If you don't like the way things are, become a cop and change it from within, become a lawyer or judge and fight it from the court room, or become a politician and change things legislatively. Become a community organizer and have your local PD, county sheriff and state police shut down, see if things are better.

I respect all of you for the right to hold whatever opinion you desire, however I do not respect the opinions on this matter.

We're officially beating a dead horse here and I'd rather be talking Jets football versus the administration of law enforcement in Qualcomm Stadium and its impact on the greater perception of the national law enforcement community.

Enjoy your continuing discussion on the matter, I'm done.

I have been there several times (including a playoff game) and never had or noticed any issues.

A few years back, when you tailgated with GGG, Foxjet, Brenda, Me, Members of JETNATION, the entire SoCalJets club and members of another site that I'm not allowed to talk about on this site.

For God's sake, they tried to arrest Brenda - when she even had permission to chant "J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS JETS" from the top of a travel trailer.

And that was in the 2nd rear parking lot, the one closest to the I-15!

They are like Gestapo because they think that all opposing fans are like Raiders fans at those games.

People die in those divisional games every year & they have gone a little "over the top" because of it.

It used to be one of the best places to go for an away game...

Everyone has a story. Everyone has a reason. Everyone has some example why they don't like cops.

That's all your right, however personally, I truly and unequivocally do not care. I don't care if you do like cops or don't. I don't care if you think they're all heroes or douchebags. I don't care if you've been helped by one or feel you've been wronged. I don't care if you got a ticket, had a friend arrested, or anything else. You're all entitled to your opinion and I for one, am not going to tell you you're wrong, off-base, or anything else. If that's how you truly feel on the issue, so be it. Good for you and stick with it. You might be right, you might not be. I don't know...I just know I don't care either way. If I lost an ounce of sleep for every person who didn't like me for my line of work, I'd be a tired mo-fo.

If you go back and look at my original argument, it had nothing to do with the overall perception of cops, just the specific event. My argument was simple: None of us were there, so leave somewhat of an open mind as to what happened. You and I both know the same amount on what happened: NOTHING. Hell, the whole time all I have argued is that either side could be wrong, but we'll never know because none of us were there. If you want to formulate your own hypothesis off of 3:41 of anonymous cell phone video and convince yourself that your interpretation of events is fact, good for you.

If you don't like the way things are, become a cop and change it from within, become a lawyer or judge and fight it from the court room, or become a politician and change things legislatively. Become a community organizer and have your local PD, county sheriff and state police shut down, see if things are better.

I respect all of you for the right to hold whatever opinion you desire, however I do not respect the opinions on this matter.

We're officially beating a dead horse here and I'd rather be talking Jets football versus the administration of law enforcement in Qualcomm Stadium and its impact on the greater perception of the national law enforcement community.

Enjoy your continuing discussion on the matter, I'm done.

So we have two choices? Violence and hypocrisy or nothing? What if I want the whole serve and protect thing with violence being option 5 instead of option 1. What if I want the majority of people to see a cop and feel safe not threatened? I respect the idea and ideal of police officers and cops. I disagree with the way it has been put into practice. 7 cops standing in Atlantic station every day in a circle chit-chatting is a gigantic waste of money.

the only sad part is thaT THE FAN DIDNT HAVE A GUN and couldnt put lead into the fat cops chests

I hope that is some kind of strawman you are trying to make. Violence is never the answer. Not to someone being obnoxious and questioning an officer not is it the answer to cops being dicks. Violence is only the answer when you have enough to effect regime change.

So we have two choices? Violence and hypocrisy or nothing? What if I want the whole serve and protect thing with violence being option 5 instead of option 1. What if I want the majority of people to see a cop and feel safe not threatened? I respect the idea and ideal of police officers and cops. I disagree with the way it has been put into practice. 7 cops standing in Atlantic station every day in a circle chit-chatting is a gigantic waste of money.

I think the biggest problem with cops is there are to many bad ones so it makes people think all of them are bad. I know for a fact that they plant evidence, lie and could careless about people in general. They're only worried about themselves and the whole protect and serve thing is a joke. It's should be watch out for each other and **** everyone else.

I think the biggest problem with cops is there are to many bad ones so it makes people think all of them are bad. I know for a fact that they plant evidence, lie and could careless about people in general. They're only worried about themselves and the whole protect and serve thing is a joke. It's should be watch out for each other and **** everyone else.

I have a lot of cop friends. The saying about the difference between a cop and a crook being the badge is not far off. I tell my cop friends off on Facebook all the time for the **** they post on there. "Leaving bar x, driving home" You're a cop, act right.

Archived