$43,953.30 Per Snap

SoFlaJets

he flashed during preseason

twice actually

one time he knocked david carr into next tuesday... it was a vicious hit

but lets be honest

you aren't all easy breazy... asking for just a little glimpse of talent... maybe making an impact in real games (like the Chris Johnson TD save at 17-24)

you want sacks... in regular season... in the divisional games... in the playoffs

you want what we all want...

you want it all... you want it now...

and that's fine... the NFL is entertainment at the end of the day

my point is the light turned on for vernon davis it can turn on for vernon gholston

the cream rises to the crop athletically in the NFL sooner or later

He didn't flash during the preseason though. He got a penalty on Carr if I remember correctly and he was unblocked on the play.

He had no sacks even though he played the entire game against the Eagles. 3rfd and 4th stringers.

I am holding out hope for him. But there have been no flashes so far unfortunately.

the original poster talked about 50k a snap rate for VG.

well lets think about it. He tackled Chris Johnson from behind in the 4th quarter during a regular season game. there was no safety help that dude was gone.

economically, was that single snap worth 50k? a year when they made it into the playoffs as a wild card and went to AFC CG?

A full tank of gas...

or

see Avatar in 3-D Imax 3,381 times...

or buy 1 PSL in Dallas' New Stadium

- Pay off the remaining $7,200 I owe on my 2 PSL's

- Pay off the $750 credit card bill

- Save the rest in a C.D.

:yes:

he flashed during preseason

twice actually

one time he knocked david carr into next tuesday... it was a vicious hit

but lets be honest

you aren't all easy breazy... asking for just a little glimpse of talent... maybe making an impact in real games (like the Chris Johnson TD save at 17-24)

you want sacks... in regular season... in the divisional games... in the playoffs

you want what we all want...

you want it all... you want it now...

and that's fine... the NFL is entertainment at the end of the day

my point is the light turned on for vernon davis it can turn on for vernon gholston

the cream rises to the crop athletically in the NFL sooner or later

I don't 'want it all'. I want something. You're inventing an argument that you can call flawed. Unfortunately, it's not one I'm making.

And yet, all I've gotten is the fact that he ran down Chris Johnson, and yes, that was important, and yes, he's fast... but the truth is, I'd have rather him not have lost contain allowing that play to happen in the first place. When the guy, in 2 NFL seasons, has his marquee play being making up for his own ****-up, then it's really not something to be proud of.

I 'want it all' if 'it all' is him on the field, putting pressure on the QB from time to time, showing that he belongs in this league.

You've brought up the Vernon Davis argument many times. I don't care that fans called him a bust, it's irrelevant. What is relevant is on field performance. In Davis's first two seasons, he had 7 TDs, and 72 receptions. Perhaps he didn't live up to the hype initially, but 7 TDs and 72 receptions is a hell of a lot better than 30 tackles.

I thought D-Rob would have taught you that being a good athlete does not mean being a good football player. Vernon Gholston, in pads, has yet to show the capability of being a good football player.

Vernon Gholston will produce in 2010. I also think he'll be starting by November over Thomas. That's if he's as good as I think he can be this year. Otherwise, he'll come on in the late season/playoffs (if we're there).

Either way, I expect him to get playing time this season.

Vernon Gholston will produce in 2010. I also think he'll be starting by November over Thomas. That's if he's as good as I think he can be this year. Otherwise, he'll come on in the late season/playoffs (if we're there).

Based on.........

He has yet to show an ounce of potential. The only time he was even close to a ****ing sack was a preseason game in which he was unblocked, and he still couldn't get the sack because of a penalty. Give it up. It is a hopeless cause.

Based on.........

He has yet to show an ounce of potential. The only time he was even close to a ****ing sack was a preseason game in which he was unblocked, and he still couldn't get the sack because of a penalty. Give it up. It is a hopeless cause.

No, he's yet to turn his potential into product. I think he turns his potential into product this year. It's not as if he's been playing a whole lot, and as much as it launches people into hyperbole he really hasn't been *that* bad when he's been on the field. He just didn't DeMarcus Ware/Shawne Merriman the world...big deal.

Based on.........

I don't know if he'll "turn his potential into product", but...

He was getting playing time. Before Pace came back he started, but he remained in the rotation when Pace returned. Around mid-season he disappeared and even was inactive a game or two. The team claimed he had a hamstring injury, but most people just figured that he had finally worn out his welcome. The fact is that he must have been hurt because he was right back in the rotation down the stretch. He may not be the next Demarcus Ware, but I think he's probably a little better than guys like Westerman and Murrell in Rex's estimation.

That's pretty funny haha.

Can you run the numbers on how much TEd Ginn makes per catch? How about how much per drop? Per aligator arm move? Per look for the sideline move? I want some damn figures!

Tedd Ginn Jr made 19,155.71 per CATCH last yr - according to ProFootball Focus A4-E...I actually asked them FOR you-and you say all Jets fans are scumbags

Tedd Ginn Jr made 19,155.71 per CATCH last yr - according to ProFootball Focus A4-E...I actually asked them FOR you-and you say all Jets fans are scumbags

that sounds obscene but again consider how big that bomb catch was against the NYJ. or his 2 TD returns in the other game. How much is 2 divisional wins worth to Miami? probably more than 20k a catch.

the players make millions, the owners make billions.

Calvin pace was a first round pick they called a bust... he believes in VG. He says the rest of the team believes in VG.

is that something?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/16/pace-says-jets-believe-in-gholston

No. It's not something. Unless you have examples to the contrary, where guys come out and say, 'He's never going to amount to anything' about an active teammate? Until I hear something like that, I'll assume that he's just 'saying the right things'.

Funny, I remember an off the record comment complaining about cutting TJ and paying Gholston.

Havent we said this the past 2 off season and nothing has happened? What makes 2010 so different? Gholston is a bust, he should be working in a bank somewhere not wasting a roster spot on anyone's football team.

"major bust" - mel kiper on VG

its true he said that... it's also true he's a bust right now

Mike Mayock called Vernon Davis a bust during last year's draft coverage.

that guy went to the pro bowl in year 3.

by the way if Gholston had vernon davis or calvin pace year 2 production this thread would be about how it was 20 million dollar a sack for VG.

it's not about him contributing "a little"

it's about him being a pro bowler

and I agree with all that... the scary thing is he could be a pro bowler

he has a pro bowl skillset thats more than we can say about most people on any given NFL roster.

its true he said that... it's also true he's a bust right now

Mike Mayock called Vernon Davis a bust during last year's draft coverage.

that guy went to the pro bowl in year 3.

by the way if Gholston had vernon davis or calvin pace year 2 production this thread would be about how it was 20 million dollar a sack for VG.

it's not about him contributing "a little"

it's about him being a pro bowler

and I agree with all that... the scary thing is he could be a pro bowler

he has a pro bowl skillset thats more than we can say about most people on any given NFL roster.

I really hope you're right and that this kid could actually turn into something resembling what say Bryan Thomas has become for us-nothing would make this Jets fan happier (except of course a SB)

tell me about it...I actually didn't do the calculation there it was PFF via Twitter

I am glad to hear that, but I wouldn't even think of trying to calulate cost per snap...I am too busy trying to forget about how huge a mistake drafting him was....

Archived