$43,953.30 Per Snap

SoFlaJets

gholston's per snap fee doesn't actually hurt the leagues' #1 defense. it's not like hes a liability or a problem. he's an overpaid backup at this point... sitting behind legitimately better players... who were also first round picks... big deal.

gholston's per snap fee doesn't actually hurt the leagues' #1 defense. it's not like hes a liability or a problem. he's an overpaid backup at this point... sitting behind legitimately better players... who were also first round picks... big deal.

Yeah. Big deal.

Who wants to get production out of a #6 overall pick. Hell, without him, our pass rush was dominant against Indianapolis!

Personally...

Vernon is a bust...who knows if we can get any pass-rush skills out of him...

I say, we put him on the flight crew team...They can do some new and exciting moves with him there...

the options would be endless...

1)tossing or catching of flight crew members...

2)those bridges where they hold the girls up

3)he can be their security guard...

Who knows...but we are not utilizing his talents...the man is a workout warrior...

25391_1426611864156_1198586526_1206354_3570629_n.jpg

Personally...

Vernon is a bust...who knows if we can get any pass-rush skills out of him...

I say, we put him on the flight crew team...They can do some new and exciting moves with him there...

the options would be endless...

1)tossing or catching of flight crew members...

2)those bridges where they hold the girls up

3)he can be their security guard...

Who knows...but we are not utilizing his talents...the man is a workout warrior...

25391_1426611864156_1198586526_1206354_3570629_n.jpg

You don't really think he is going to catch em do ya?

Yeah. Big deal.

Who wants to get production out of a #6 overall pick. Hell, without him, our pass rush was dominant against Indianapolis!

we all want VG to produce... my point is it's not a problem

Jets were about 17th in the league in sacks, not great not terrible.

guys like Revis who come in day 1 and dominate are not the norm.

most players take time to develop

including the current starters Pace and Thomas.

Where were they at 23?

3-4 OLB is a conversion position, outside of Demarcus Ware and Merriman's flameout year it usually takes time for these guys to develop.

Vernon Gholston as he is currently = AFC Title game loss

Vernon Gholston playing like a # 6 pick pass rusher (i.e. playing even HALF as well as DeMarcus Ware) = Super Bowl Champions

That's why it f***ing matters. And because Vernon is a colossal bust, we may have to spend one of our 1st or 2nd rounders on a pass rusher, AGAIN, in April, rather than addressing other needs.

Where were they at 23?

3-4 OLB is a conversion position, outside of Demarcus Ware and Merriman's flameout year it usually takes time for these guys to develop.

On the field playing football :confused:

Spin aint working.

Where were they at 23?

We could go back and forth on the straw man you're creating about 'dominating', and I could tell you that I'm not asking for domination, nor am I asking for even great play. I'm simply hoping to see raw talent flashed once or twice, and mabye make an impact as a situational pass rusher, regardless of his mastery of the 3-4 OLB position.

Instead, I'll just say that there's a logic gap between 'gholston isn't hurting us' and 'we shouldn't be upset about gholston' that you're acting does not/should not exist.

That's pretty funny haha.

Can you run the numbers on how much TEd Ginn makes per catch? How about how much per drop? Per aligator arm move? Per look for the sideline move? I want some damn figures!

What are you cry babying about? Ya got his whole family, all we got was Gholston

I'm simply hoping to see raw talent flashed once or twice, and mabye make an impact as a situational pass rusher, regardless of his mastery of the 3-4 OLB position.

he flashed during preseason

twice actually

one time he knocked david carr into next tuesday... it was a vicious hit

but lets be honest

you aren't all easy breazy... asking for just a little glimpse of talent... maybe making an impact in real games (like the Chris Johnson TD save at 17-24)

you want sacks... in regular season... in the divisional games... in the playoffs

you want what we all want...

you want it all... you want it now...

and that's fine... the NFL is entertainment at the end of the day

my point is the light turned on for vernon davis it can turn on for vernon gholston

the cream rises to the crop athletically in the NFL sooner or later

Archived