SIGN Terrel Owens

visajets

Lost in all this is the little matter of TO being an unrestricted free agent. As in we can't sign him even if we wanted to, which we don't.

Well if there are 2 T.O's (and there very well might be) how does that effect his UFA status in relation to teh jets ?

In case you havent seen the latest on Santonio Holmes plus hes suspended until week 4. In those 4 weeks the JETS have 4 important games. T.O is done with all his antics and wants to WIN A SUPER BOWL. Holmes is a big IF and the latest doesnt help matters.

Revis called him a SLOUCH when asked to give one word to describe TO.

No thanks

Revis called him a SLOUCH when asked to give one word to describe TO.

No thanks

how about Coles? I'd take him back in a heartbeat b/c let's face it guys Holmes happens to BE an idiot who now has the bulls-eye squarely placed on his back by the NY and National media

how about Coles? I'd take him back in a heartbeat b/c let's face it guys Holmes happens to BE an idiot who now has the bulls-eye squarely placed on his back by the NY and National media

I think LT is a better receiver out of the backfield than the Jets have had in a long, long time.

I also think it's telling that the Jets had McKnight lined up at WR on his first day of rookie camp today.

Third WR was not an issue for the Jets all of last year. I'm excited about the prospect of Edwards, Holmes and Cotch all on the field at the same time, but it's not like the Jets were running the Colts offense last year and need another WR to function.

I think the Jets can wait on Coles while they look at their UDFA class, and figure out what they need. Some late camp cuts might be better choices, too. Maybe a young player who can add something on specials.

I think LT is a better receiver out of the backfield than the Jets have had in a long, long time.

I also think it's telling that the Jets had McKnight lined up at WR on his first day of rookie camp today.

Third WR was not an issue for the Jets all of last year. I'm excited about the prospect of Edwards, Holmes and Cotch all on the field at the same time, but it's not like the Jets were running the Colts offense last year and need another WR to function.

I think the Jets can wait on Coles while they look at their UDFA class, and figure out what they need. Some late camp cuts might be better choices, too. Maybe a young player who can add something on specials.

I'm sorry slats but I just have little faith in David Clowney great person through his deeds that he is and all and let's face it Brad Smith's role has changed from a WR to a slash type guy-I just hate going through those first 4 VERY tough games w/o some more WR insurance

and as to LT-I say he throws a TD pass this year-who was the last Jets RB to throw a HB option TD? (cue Jeopardy theme)

I'm sorry slats but I just have little faith in David Clowney great person through his deeds that he is and all and let's face it Brad Smith's role has changed from a WR to a slash type guy-I just hate going through those first 4 VERY tough games w/o some more WR insurance

and as to LT-I say he throws a TD pass this year-who was the last Jets RB to throw a HB option TD? (cue Jeopardy theme)

Was it Martin?

Any vet who's on an opening day roster has his salary guaranteed for the whole year. Think the Jets will want to do that with Coles? Or would they sign him week #2 for three weeks?

I'm 100% in favor of upgrading David Clowney, but as much as I've been a fan of Coles in the past, I'm not sure that he's the answer anymore.

Once you get to that #4 or 5 WR position, the guy has to be able to do something on special teams, too. I think I'd rather they go over other teams' cuts at the end of camp, rather than bring in Coles. Or T.O., for that matter.

Oh dear god no. Why sign a WR that has nothing left?

BECAUSE HE WANTS TO WIN A SUPER BOWL!!!!

I will go on the record and say I think that Clowney will have a nice season. Something in the 30-50 catches 500-750 yard range. Don't use that for your fantasy team though because if all these other dudes pan out he won't get the opportunity.

Was it Martin?

Any vet who's on an opening day roster has his salary guaranteed for the whole year. Think the Jets will want to do that with Coles? Or would they sign him week #2 for three weeks?

I'm 100% in favor of upgrading David Clowney, but as much as I've been a fan of Coles in the past, I'm not sure that he's the answer anymore.

Once you get to that #4 or 5 WR position, the guy has to be able to do something on special teams, too. I think I'd rather they go over other teams' cuts at the end of camp, rather than bring in Coles. Or T.O., for that matter.

didn't Leon throw one or Lamont Jordan-IDK the answer but yea Curtis DID throw a duckdown to Chrebet against Tampa Bay in The Flashlight Game I believe.

Hey how about Aundrae Allison-I wonder how his leg is doing now-good return guy WITH an NFL TD to boot

so you're prepared to go to battle against the Pats, Fins, Ravens and Bills with Cotch and Edwards and Brad Smith and David Clowney? Please.....neither one of those guys can catch a friggin cold rill

T.O. isn't the answer, those guys you mentioned worked out pretty good for us last year. Just say NO to T.O.!

In case you havent seen the latest on Santonio Holmes plus hes suspended until week 4. In those 4 weeks the JETS have 4 important games. T.O is done with all his antics and wants to WIN A SUPER BOWL. Holmes is a big IF and the latest doesnt help matters.

Absolutely Not.

This thread fails

failure2.jpg

T.O. isn't the answer, those guys you mentioned worked out pretty good for us last year. Just say NO to T.O.!

I haven't said word one about TO rillo-I am just saying I am concerned with what we have for the first 4 games and that we need someone (Coles maybe?) who is more reliable than Clowney or Smith outside when we need it

I haven't said word one about TO rillo-I am just saying I am concerned with what we have for the first 4 games and that we need someone (Coles maybe?) who is more reliable than Clowney or Smith outside when we need it

Ah, I thought you were on the T.O. movement. *If* this team is still a running team then I think we should be good with what we have @ WR IMO. Getting Holmes was a surprise, Smith and/or Clowney could fill the void till he comes back.

Give Clowney and Smith a chance. Remember when Cotchery was first going to start? The guy had about 25 catches for 300 yards and people were complaining that we didn't find an option we could count on. Same thing with Miles Austin 18 catches in 3 years. Besides, Edwards will have been here for a full camp and has built something with Sanchez instead of coming in cold like last year.

This isn't a starter we're talking about. It's a #3 when we have other options to split wide including Keller, LT and McKnight. Don't be afraid to play young players. Old stiffs will just hold us back. It's only 4 games, it will let us establish our running game.

I see where you're coming from with this. However, T.O. is T.O. and I cant name one team that he's left that was on "good terms". Not S.F, Phila, Dallas or Buf. Look at Buffalo, they URGENTLY NEED talent an they wont even resign him. T.O. is not going to any team that is ready to win now. IF he plays this year it will be for the "Cleveland's" of the NFL, and thats not even a definate with new management there.

I wouldnt be surprised if T.O. found a home, but I wouldnt be surprised if he played himself out of the NFL as well.

I say no, leave T.O. alone.

Was it Martin?

Hell... Let's cut one of our FOUR QB's already and sign Coles. Would he not be more of an impact than Ainge? oconnel??? We happily wasted a roster spot on a completely unused player last year. All year too. I hear ya with guys in the 4th-5th WR spot needing some specials impact, but if we get rid of on of the QB's we can have coles on the squad to help Sanchez.

Coles played well against us in the playoffs too. He's not completely washed up.

SIGN COLES!!!!!!!!

We went on a pretty sick run with those receivers last year...why cant we do it next year?

we can....and we will....

i can wait til week 5 for Holmes to be back...

its the O-line that im worried about though...

I'm on board with signing Coles if it's to have a press conference announcing his retirement. We don't need anybody else with Cotchery, Edwards and Holmes.

+1...the guy is past done. He's a name only in Jets history and that's exactly what his football skills have become...HISTORY.

I seem to remember the JETS brought in Art Monk and Ronnie Lott and they were more toast than T.O.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a different Jets team. This is a different Jets front office. This is a different Jets philosophy. This is a team that wins.

Those teams you're referencing were horrible and made it hard to be Jets fan.

Anyone know how to post a picture so it shows up with your post? Everytime I do it, it just shows the link.

Go and edit your post, you'll see what I did.

You had url tags around the link instead of img.

the thing with Holmes is he's one more fck up away from another 4 game suspension-I'd rather the Jets be ready especially now with everybody watching him so closely going forward-look, I'm ROOTING for the kid to fly right and help us win but in the meantime why not have a savvy vet like Coles there just in case? He did pretty good last year even though Palmer preferred to look for the bigger receivers first. I would like to see him back.

Archived