23 MILLLION DOLLARS

JOJOTOWNSELL

In 2000 Woody Johnson bid 635 million to buy the NYJ

In 2000 Jim Dolan bid 612 million to buy the NYJ

The mere 23 million dollar difference is what saved us Jets fans from falling into the clutches of CableVision ala the Knicks and Rangers.

DISCUSS AMONGST YOURSELVES

In 2000 Woody Johnson bid 635 million to buy the NYJ

In 2000 Jim Dolan bid 612 million to buy the NYJ

The mere 23 million dollar difference is what saved us Jets fans from falling into the clutches of CableVision ala the Knicks and Rangers.

DISCUSS AMONGST YOURSELVES

If Dolan owned the team I prolly would have quit the team by now. I thinking being disloyal to the Dolans is more important than being loyal to any team.

Not a big fan of Dolan (who is?) BUT........

Had he bought the NYJ they wouldnt be sharing a stadium with the Gints in NJ and they almost certainly would have their OWN NYJ stadium in New York City.

Not that that matters much to us......or does it?

Had he bought the NYJ they wouldnt be sharing a stadium with the Gints in NJ and they almost certainly would have their OWN NYJ stadium in New York City.

I'll take wins over our own stadium any day. We could be playing in a giant dumpster, and still be happy if we won a championship, which is the direction we're headed to under the current regime.

I'll take wins over our own stadium any day. We could be playing in a giant dumpster, and still be happy if we won a championship, which is the direction we're headed to under the current regime.

I'm greedy and would have liked it all. A NYJ stadium in NY and some championships!

And they would be looking at just having finishing a decade of 3-13 seasons with a decade of 2-14 seasons to look forward to. But at least they'd have their own stadium. :rolleyes:

I wonder what the PSL's would have been for a 3 billion dollar domed stadium with no co owner in NYC?

The only way to fill up that white elephant would have been to kill the pay czar.

I wonder what the PSL's would have been for a 3 billion dollar domed stadium with no co owner in NYC?

The only way to fill up that white elephant would have been to kill the pay czar.

Wrong.

Its possible the PSL would have been the same or less by virtue of its ability to generate income when not being used by the Jets. A domed stadium in Manhattan would be certainly have been used for conventions, concerts (all year), NCAA basketball, Dem and Rep natl convention, boxing, College bowl games. OLYMPICS. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The POS they have built in NJ does not have a fraction of the income producing potential.

Wrong.

Its possible the PSL would have been the same or less by virtue of its ability to generate income when not being used by the Jets. A domed stadium in Manhattan would be certainly have been used for conventions, concerts (all year), NCAA basketball, Dem and Rep natl convention, boxing, College bowl games. OLYMPICS. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The POS they have built in NJ does not have a fraction of the income producing potential.

PSL's are essentially a financing mechanism. A more expensive multi use stadium based on a PSL model for financing would have much higher PSL's figured in before buying.

However in the real world pricing based on cost doesn't always work because ultimately pricing is based on supply and demand. The current dilemma the Jets find themselves in.

Additional PSL's for the current stadium while over priced based on the supply and demand for Jets games might well have a higher demand for those interested in owning seats and the right of first refusal for tickets to a multi use venue. Hard to tell but they certainly would be sold that way

You don't price things based on just your cost or your ultimate revenue, you base it on what you need vs what you can get. If the demand was there and the revenue stream that you think would be there than you have a very profitable operation.

The Jets ended up doing very well splitting this deal with the Giants. They got a very nice stadium and reduced their financial risk in a financial environment that is about as risky as any of us have seen in decades. The WSS would have been an epic fail based on what has gone on financially and would have taken years to recoup the financing. It may well have bankrupted the team.

Archived