WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my take: I think your lynch is taking on an air of inevitability.

If you're a roleless townie, then I think you should come clean and accept your fate. Sucks to be that guy, but for the sake of the town it's better that we don't run up any other trains potentially exposing power roles and narrowing the field of who might be the WWoW for the scum.

If you have a power role, I still think you have to come clean, and let the town decide what we should do about it.

Okay, then here is the deal.

I am a bomb.

If I get lynched, whoever hammers me, is going with me.

I purposefully was cryptic yesterday by saying "you will regret getting rid of me." But now, the reality is this. Scum probably figured that out already, and if I let myself get lynched... there's a good chance that another townie will die with me.

I tried to play my way into a lynch, with play so bad that the scum would feel they could safely hammer me... so I could kill one of them with me. But I think the odds of a townie hammering me are obviously better, and don't want to be dumped on for it.

I don't know what the right / wrong play was... so... I'll take my lumps for a bad game if need be. :bag:

I am a bomb.

I purposefully was cryptic yesterday by saying "you will regret getting rid of me." But now, the reality is this. Scum probably figured that out already, and if I let myself get lynched... there's a good chance that another townie will die with me.

I tried to play my way into a lynch, with play so bad that the scum would feel they could safely hammer me... so I could kill one of them with me. But I think the odds of a townie hammering me are obviously better, and don't want to be dumped on for it.

I don't know what the right / wrong play was... so... I'll take my lumps for a bad game if need be. :bag:

So if you were a bomb and trying to play yourself into the lynch?

I am a bomb.

Ugh.

Do not like.

unvote i28

I know it could just be a good play by scum but want more people's feedback too.

what changed between last night and now that makes you think it's now a good time to reveal in full?

I am a bomb.

I am a bomb.

I'm town but i'll hammer if need be.. going to be away anyway and this reveal now completely conflicts with the way he's played this..

He may be telling the truth and just the monkey brain we thought he was, but I'm ok calling his bluff given my other commitments..

you guys let me know..

unvote i28

I know it could just be a good play by scum but want more people's feedback too.

what changed between last night and now that makes you think it's now a good time to reveal in full?

Last night, I thought there was a perception that I was playing like ****. Because I was. With that being out there I thought the odds of scum hammering me would be greater. Whoever hammered me last night, could have safely rested on the explanation "he played awful." Just like last game with Runin.

Now, I see a bunch of people who I have town reads on (you, slats) hovering around me at L2 and its become obvious that the liklihood of someone I think is scum hammering me is slim.

It wasn't a good plan, but it was the only one I had.

I'm town but i'll hammer if need be.. going to be away anyway and this reveal now completely conflicts with the way he's played this..

He may be telling the truth and just the monkey brain we thought he was, but I'm ok calling his bluff given my other commitments..

you guys let me know..

Your vote is already on me.

I don't buy this for a second. There is no bomb in The Wizard of Oz.

And if you were a bomb, you sure as hell wouldn't have come out of the gate like a banshee.

This has got to be crap.

But it does bring up an interesting dilemma, 'cause I don't want to hammer him. heh

Your vote is already on me.

I will unvote and revote..

Anyway, if the town doesn't want to risk it, then it won't happen, really as simple as that.. I'm fine with pulling the trigger thought as i've got it close to 50/50 you are fos..

OMGUS? At least be honest about it, dude.

I am being honest about it, not omgus. If it was omgus I'd have voted you ages ago. You are the only other person with any sort of train going, and I already explained that I was going for the competing trains thing for information.

And if you were a bomb, you sure as hell wouldn't have come out of the gate like a banshee.

This has got to be crap.

But it does bring up an interesting dilemma, 'cause I don't want to hammer him. heh

But what about in Wicked? Is there a bomb in there?

This has got to be crap.

I already said I will.. just needs to happen by like 7:30...

This has got to be crap.

Exactly what I would say if I was scum... "this reveal is definitely bogus, now.... one of you townies hammer him."

Unvote Runin

Vote DPR

I don't think I can say who my character is... but its not in the movie. I had never heard of it to be honest... and its not literally a bomb, its a bomb by mafia role standards. Technically I kill whoever lynches me... just not by explosion.

Exactly what I would say if I was scum... "this reveal is definitely bogus, now.... one of you townies hammer him."

Unvote Runin

Vote DPR

DPR and runin are 2 and 3 on my lists.. fwiw..

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, Pac, Barm

Barm (1) -- Hess

JiF (2) -- Runin, WWWWombat

I28 (8) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR, DPR,

DPR (1) -- I28

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, Verbal, Sharrow, DanX

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 9 HOURS AND 55 MINUTES

you guys let me know..

I'm having trouble buying the reveal. Could be true, but it's extremely convenient. If you're volunteering to call his bluff, off the top of my head I think it could be a good play.

The alternative is running up another train and hoping we aren't lynching a power role - all while wondering for the rest of the game if I28 was telling the truth.

I am being honest about it, not omgus. If it was omgus I'd have voted you ages ago. You are the only other person with any sort of train going, and I already explained that I was going for the competing trains thing for information.

Fair enough. I may have missed it, with all that was going on yesterday.

I'm having trouble buying the reveal. Could be true, but it's extremely convenient. If you're volunteering to call his bluff, off the top of my head I think it could be a good play.

The alternative is running up another train and hoping we aren't lynching a power role - all while wondering for the rest of the game if I28 was telling the truth.

This ties into my only issue that I've had with I28. He didn't want to reveal yesterday, and now we only have 9 hours to hash out whether to lynch him, move onto someone else who will inevitably reveal. Did he just wait it out to put us into a tailspin? I need to think this over more, we have to believe that all his "defense" against JiF was a ploy to get himself lynched.

we already know they'll be some reason why he can't.. i didn't bother to suggest..

Do we know this?

What about it, I28? Anything in your role that says you can't hammer yourself?

I honestly don't know what to think. Y'all know him better than I do, and this is one time where my lack of knowledge is a big deal. I'll leave my vote where it is for now, while we figure this out.

Maybe also funny that you guys didn't mention it, it's the first thing that popped into my head...

'd be lieing if I said I didn't think of it, btu i really think the answer will be no for some reason, mechanical or ethical, and I don't have a ton of time.

Do we know this?

What about it, I28? Anything in your role that says you can't hammer yourself?

In my role explanation it says that there are exceptions to who can and cannot hammer me. I assumed it mean the wwow couldn't hammer me, because it would be game over. It may also mean that I cannot, but it doesn't say that explicitly.

I'll never understand the strategy of playing shady on purpose to attract scum. You have an equal chance of getting townies on your train plus the distraction from real scum. This really doesn't add up to me.

I agree with sharrow, if you're really town, which is extremely questionable, then you can hammer yourself.

vote: i28

Last night, I thought there was a perception that I was playing like ****. Because I was. With that being out there I thought the odds of scum hammering me would be greater. Whoever hammered me last night, could have safely rested on the explanation "he played awful." Just like last game with Runin.

Now, I see a bunch of people who I have town reads on (you, slats) hovering around me at L2 and its become obvious that the liklihood of someone I think is scum hammering me is slim.

It wasn't a good plan, but it was the only one I had.

Funny that he failed to mention that, isn't it?

You sound like scum... boastful enough to say I am bluffing, but too cowardly to call the bluff yourself... and now you want me to do it, probably cause the scum team doesn't want to waste a NK finding out if I left out any details.

In my role explanation it says that there are exceptions to who can and cannot hammer me. I assumed it mean the wwow couldn't hammer me, because it would be game over. It may also mean that I cannot, but it doesn't say that explicitly.

Oh, then you will self hammer?

Sigh. That sucks in so many ways. I don't know how a bomb would work in to the Wizard of Oz, and all this really does is keep scum from hammering, honestly. I just don't get the play at this point, when generally scum avoid hammering an innocent regardless.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, Pac, Barm

Barm (1) -- Hess

JiF (2) -- Runin, WWWWombat

I28 (9) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR, DPR, DanX

DPR (1) -- I28

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, Verbal, Sharrow,

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 9 HOURS AND 37 MINUTES

Archived