SMC

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, Pac, Barm

Barm (1) -- Hess

JiF (2) -- Runin, WWWWombat

I28 (8) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR, DPR

Runnin (1) -- I28

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, Verbal, Sharrow, DanX

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 13 HOURS AND 28 MINUTES

Not that we need to pile on and lynch somebody at this point, but I think it's really time that everybody needs to have a vote cast around here. Hell, there's enough time that with a good enough case a new person can be gone after, so it doesn't need to be a leading vote-getter, but just sitting around isn't helping anyone.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given the mechanics of the game, if i28 is roleless it's probably best to just lynch him. I will be out today again, but will trying an check in later this afternoon to switch my vote

So... its best to acknowledge that I am roleless townie and lynch me anyway. Good plan.

So... its best to acknowledge that I am roleless townie and lynch me anyway. Good plan.

Meaning if the only options for you are scum or roleless, you make sense to lynch rather then force another reveal and narrow down the pool for the scum to find wwow

Given the mechanics of the game, if i28 is roleless it's probably best to just lynch him. I will be out today again, but will trying an check in later this afternoon to switch my vote

I'm wondering that too, tbh. Even if he's the good witch or wizard, it might be best to lynch him, a 4 or 5 man team has a better chance of finding them than ione person does. They might be more of a liability than an asset depending on what happens when they're found and by who.

I'm wondering that too, tbh. Even if he's the good witch or wizard, it might be best to lynch him, a 4 or 5 man team has a better chance of finding them than ione person does. They might be more of a liability than an asset depending on what happens when they're found and by who.

That's my take. Best case, obviously, is that the WWoW finds the Wizard and GW. Next best case is that they die.

Barm (1) -- Hess

I28 (8) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR, DPR

Runnin (1) -- I28

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, Verbal, Sharrow, DanX

DEADLINE IN 11 HOURS AND 57 MINUTES

I'm curious, from what I said... how are you making the jump to me being the good witch or wizard?

I feel most ok with lynching i28 today. I'm never going to feel great about half reveals but this setup makes it harder to read everyone.

Vote i28

my phone isn't working as well since I switched offices but I'm here and will get home around 4-5

That's my take. Best case, obviously, is that the WWoW finds the Wizard and GW. Next best case is that they die.

That's a ballsy thought, I'm not saying that it isn't true, but I'd like to know a bit more about the game before we begin deliberately killing off players who might be one of the power roles.

My vote on I28 is there because I don't care for his defense, and I really don't like how he incorporated Runin's rhetoric into his posts.

I cannot believe he is one of the power roles, or IMO, he would have played differently. He has unfortunately brought a lot of attention on to himself, but it doesn't strike me like he had a plan to do so.

I feel most ok with lynching i28 today. I'm never going to feel great about half reveals but this setup makes it harder to read everyone.

Vote i28

my phone isn't working as well since I switched offices but I'm here and will get home around 4-5

Does that make it L2?

Barm (1) -- Hess

I28 (9) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR, DPR, DanX

Runnin (1) -- I28

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, Verbal, Sharrow

DEADLINE IN 11 HOURS AND 29 MINUTES

I fell for Hess last time, and this game it is even more essential not to fall for those things with neutral parties in the game. I just don't know. Obviously I'd prefer to not lynch them the first day because they could be big assets to the town. But it seems really easy to make certain hints and hope for the best. I feel better about i28 as scum than the rest.

I'm curious, from what I said... how are you making the jump to me being the good witch or wizard?

I'm not, but you insinuated that you had an important role by saying we would regret getting rid of you. And I'm not saying it isn't a good idea, but your hesitancy to reveal plays into those two roles being in the game considering both sides are looking for them. It forces both sides to either take a look at you or call your bluff tonight and risk the other side finding you. And I'm not sure whether that's a good situation or not. I'm starting to think it isn't.

I'm not, but you insinuated that you had an important role by saying we would regret getting rid of you. And I'm not saying it isn't a good idea, but your hesitancy to reveal plays into those two roles being in the game considering both sides are looking for them. It forces both sides to either take a look at you or call your bluff tonight and risk the other side finding you. And I'm not sure whether that's a good situation or not. I'm starting to think it isn't.

He said he didn't have a "role" - the witch or wizard is definitely a role.

Agreed, and it might be interesting to leave him out as bait.

I'm not real comfortable with Runin. I'm okay with CTM and JiF - I think they're just doing what they do. I don't feel like anyone else has done anything standout yet.

And, I'll say this about Lily - I don't believe that she would use an rl excuse for game behavior. I'll even g further to say that people that try to use rl emergencies, or bad luck to their advantage in a game are generally discovered and looked down on. Most other players will not tolerate that, simply because when something tragic does happen, you want to be able to extend support to that person, and not think that it's a game play. If Lily says that it's the meds, then I think it's the meds.

Just wanted to clarify -- I don't think Lily would BS RL stuff going on by any means, but my point was I didn't think this was a case where an in-game meltdown meant she's scum OR town, necessarily. My point was the PURPOSE of the meltdown didn't seem to be game material/action itself so I don't think it's vindictive of her role

Just wanted to clarify -- I don't think Lily would BS RL stuff going on by any means, but my point was I didn't think this was a case where an in-game meltdown meant she's scum OR town, necessarily. My point was the PURPOSE of the meltdown didn't seem to be game material/action itself so I don't think it's vindictive of her role

Agreed, it doesn't make her innocent anymore than it makes her scum. We just strike it from the record and on CTM's ultimate mafia forums, the mod might delete the posts as non-game related.

He said he didn't have a "role" - the witch or wizard is definitely a role.

Not to be splitting hairs here, but did he ever say he didn't have a role, or did he just say that he never said he had a role? I thought he said the latter, but I could be mistaken. It's a subtle, but possibly important, difference.

I thought all he said was that he didn't say he had a role.

We'll have to go back for the quote, but I thought he said that the mod didn't tell him he had a role.

Either way, I doubt he is the witch or the wizard, and, we have probably caught him in at least one lie with that little gem of ambiguity - unless of course he is just a roleless townie, in which case everyone will groan and make fun of him for all eternity.

I agree. The scum have a much better job of finding them based on the simple fact that they are drawing from a pool 75% smaller then the wwow

The later it gets in the day, roleless lynch > random lynch. However, I'd rather explore our other options right now. As I said yesterday, just because we "usually" lynch town d1 doesn't mean we should find a roleless townie and be happy with that.

My problem right now is there isn't an appealing competing train right now. I've already mentioned I don't have a feeling on Lily one way or the other, which really only leaves JiF. Like I told you guys yesterday, I've gotta leave around 3 or so, so my vote is going to have to be placed for good around then

I thought all he said was that he didn't say he had a role.

At first, yes -- but he seems to have confirmed roleless townie today with some of his banter with CTM

Agreed, it doesn't make her innocent anymore than it makes her scum. We just strike it from the record and on CTM's ultimate mafia forums, the mod might delete the posts as non-game related.

Agreed.

12:15

Does that make it L2?

12:16

Barm (1) -- Hess

I28 (9) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR, DPR, DanX

Runnin (1) -- I28

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, Verbal, Sharrow

DEADLINE IN 11 HOURS AND 29 MINUTES

I had the impression that I28 was getting ready to come clean on his reveal when he asked if he was at L2. SMC answered immediately, and I28 hasn't returned since.

He refused to reveal his first time at L2, then wasn't going to say anything when he dropped to L4, now as soon as he's back at L2 he's AWOL.

The fact that his train is stalled is curious. Is it already scum-loaded, or are they purposely avoiding it?

I had the impression that I28 was getting ready to come clean on his reveal when he asked if he was at L2. SMC answered immediately, and I28 hasn't returned since.

He refused to reveal his first time at L2, then wasn't going to say anything when he dropped to L4, now as soon as he's back at L2 he's AWOL.

The fact that his train is stalled is curious. Is it already scum-loaded, or are they purposely avoiding it?

No I am watching intently. Trying to figure out the right thing to do here...

In response to your last observation, I think its 50/50. I think 2 scum are buried and 2-3 are on my train.

I think part of the issue here slats is honestly, we don't have alot of heavy contributors.CTM has been out alot due to his phishy-ness. AVM is going to be away today, Verb and Barm have been pretty non-existent, Nae is always more on and off as are Sharrow and BG. JiF has been largely absent since yesterday as well. Sharrow has been on today though. Hess has RL stuff going on as well.

Point being, this game isn't highly active. I anticipate that it will pick up

I see your point, but they could be an asset to the town, and this thinking is like killing off the cop before he can be converted, don

No I am watching intently. Trying to figure out the right thing to do here...

In response to your last observation, I think its 50/50. I think 2 scum are buried and 2-3 are on my train.

Here's my take: I think your lynch is taking on an air of inevitability.

If you're a roleless townie, then I think you should come clean and accept your fate. Sucks to be that guy, but for the sake of the town it's better that we don't run up any other trains potentially exposing power roles and narrowing the field of who might be the WWoW for the scum.

If you have a power role, I still think you have to come clean, and let the town decide what we should do about it.

Archived