"we can win without revis"

Revis is the GOAT

OK, I missed the beginning of the game, so can someone explain to me why they opened up the new stadium with a Patriots logo at midfield? Was it part of the opening ceremony or something?

oops, that was him watching game tape from last season. my revis folder is all cluttered. this is the one from tonight

jets600.jpg

Cruz probably committed offensive interference on Lowery on that first TD, but there was nothing from the CB play last night that suggested the Jets could win without Revis. Cromartie should've had a couple picks. Coleman was awful. Kyle Wilson looked pretty steady, but are we really ready to open the year with Cro and and a rookie with Lowery in the slot?

i dont know if they can even win 9 w.o Revis. Cro was lights out for a quarter but he's a gambler. Those gambles aren't always gonna win. Wilson was picked on last night and he'll get picked on every game they put him out there. They really need their best player, who'd a thunk it.

Those of you actually trying to make a case for Mevi$ right now are ridiculous.

Rex showed exactly why he can win without Mevi$...pressure the QB, make him get the ball out early...the Giants didnt know what to do, or how to react. Just like every other QB we played last season.

We will be just fine without Mevi$. Lowery was in good position on all those plays, that dude was just on fire and he was interfering quite a bit...but whatevs. Now if Cro or Wilson get hurt, we are in a world of trouble.

And the way the model bounced back after that brain fart throw to start the game was another reason why Mevi$ wont be as colossal a loss as some of you might think.

That said, this D could be EPIC with him out there.

Those of you actually trying to make a case for Mevi$ right now are ridiculous.

Rex showed exactly why he can win without Mevi$...pressure the QB, make him get the ball out early...the Giants didnt know what to do, or how to react. Just like every other QB we played last season.

We will be just fine without Mevi$. Lowery was in good position on all those plays, that dude was just on fire and he was interfering quite a bit...but whatevs. Now if Cro or Wilson get hurt, we are in a world of trouble.

And the way the model bounced back after that brain fart throw to start the game was another reason why Mevi$ wont be as colossal a loss as some of you might think.

That said, this D could be EPIC with him out there.

Agreed.

Sometimes i think some of you Revis D-Riders are just tryig to be funny.

While it is encouraging to see a player fight back, it would be better if Sanchez didn't throw pick 6s at all.

the first 9 plays the giants offense ran I think they got 5 yards

they had 4 first downs in the first half

settle down revis

edit

I just checked, the first 9 plays the giants ran were for a net of zero yards

While its true that the first 9 plays resulted in zero yards... they did the same thing in the 2nd half that the Colts did in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game... they started throwing to their #3 and #4 WRs, and anyone else they could get lined up against Lowery and Coleman.

Its a legit problem.

With our starters in all game we won't be a sieve, but its been a problem that this team has had since Mangini.

While its true that the first 9 plays resulted in zero yards... they did the same thing in the 2nd half that the Colts did in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game... they started throwing to their #3 and #4 WRs, and anyone else they could get lined up against Lowery and Coleman.

Its a legit problem.

With our starters in all game we won't be a sieve, but its been a problem that this team has had since Mangini.

What team is that not a problem for...people act like every team in the league has 4 legit starters at the CB position. Its Rex's job to figure how to mask that...and I have confidence in him.

What team is that not a problem for...people act like every team in the league has 4 legit starters at the CB position. Its Rex's job to figure how to mask that...and I have confidence in him.

I know what you mean.

I'm just shocked that we've had the same issue for 3 seasons, and yet we bring back the same players seemingly tied to that problem every year.

I guess drafting Wilson was a direct attempt to address the problem... just need that Revis guy to come back so Wilson can slide to #3. ;)

I know what you mean.

I'm just shocked that we've had the same issue for 3 seasons, and yet we bring back the same players seemingly tied to that problem every year.

I guess drafting Wilson was a direct attempt to address the problem... just need that Revis guy to come back so Wilson can slide to #3. ;)

along with the signing of Cromartie-look, when Revis does eventually sign (which he will) we're pretty good with Revis, Cro, Wilson in the slot and whichever one of Cole, Lowery and Coleman shakes out. It's still better than the injury prone Lito and Strickland. People talk about Shonn Greene getting hurt vs Indy as the reason we lost-I say it was Strickland and Sheppard's inability to stay on the field that was the real culprit

I know what you mean.

I guess...but we've tried to bring in different players. Last year was the Lito, Strickland trial...this year was going to be the Wilson, Cro trial. I think we realize its a concern and the only reason its on the forefront more than it should be is the absence of Mevi$.

Dwight Lowery as your #4 CB isnt holding any team back being a dominate defense.

Archived