Glauber tweets, "Darrelle Revis to the Ravens?"

slats

Ozzie Newsome looking for a cornerback

Tuesday August 17, 2010 7:30 PM By Bob Glauber

The Ravens are loaded for what could be a Super Bowl run this year, but there's on glaring area of need: cornerback.

Starter Dominique Foxworth suffered a season-ending knee injury on the first day of practice in a non-contact drill, and general manager Ozzie Newsome said he's open to a trade.

"Are we looking to improve? Yeah, but is anyone going to give up a really good player in the secondary without us giving up something?" Newsome said. "It’s going to be hard to get that player."

But Newsome will try.

"I'm looking to trade," he said. "I would trade to get a quality player, yeah. I'd be willing to do that, and I think we have an excess at areas that could be attractive to other people."

Running back Willis McGahee might be available, and backup quarterback Troy Smith has been mentioned as a trade possibility. The Ravens are also deep at outside linebacker.

Newsome won't say which cornerbacks he'll be looking at, but he did seem to indicate that trade talk will pick up in the coming days.

Could Darrelle Revis be a possibility? Newsome isn't allowed to talk about another team's player because of tampering rules, but you can pretty much eliminate any talk about Revis. The Jets aren't interested in dealing him.

Newsome doesn't seem all that panicked about his situation at cornerback, although he'd certainly feel a lot better if he can swing a trade.

"A general manager from once said that each year, there’s a virus at one position and ours is at corner this year." It's not just Foxworth. Fabian Washington and Ladarius Webb, the likely opening-day starters, are both coming off knee injuries.

Not only that, but uncertainty persists about just when Ed Reed will return from a hip problem. Reed hasn't yet been cleared to practice, and Newsome said he'll have to make a decision when the rosters are cut to 53 players. It's likely that Reed will be put on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, meaning he's ineligible to play the first six games.

Have at it all of you who think the team's better off without Revis than paying him. What are you taking from the Ravens? And who has the better shot at the Super Bowl after you're done dealing?

yea I tweeted that he should bite down on his fingertips as hard as he can after writing that teaser. If anything I could see the Jets sending Mr Manhattan to become Mr St. Louis or some such purgatory-never to a team we play on opening night

yea I tweeted that he should bite down on his fingertips as hard as he can after writing that teaser. If anything I could see the Jets sending Mr Manhattan to become Mr St. Louis or some such purgatory-never to a team we play on opening night

Not to mention why does Glauber think the Ravens would have an easier time signing Revis? He's still going to want $16 million a year.

Glauber yet again proves himself to be nothing more than a retarded hack.

Not to mention why does Glauber think the Ravens would have an easier time signing Revis? He's still going to want $16 million a year.

Glauber yet again proves himself to be nothing more than a retarded hack.

To be fair, he's usually a lot better than this

That would be the stupidest decision Tannenbaum ever made.

Yeah, you're battling with a team for homefield advantage so what do you do? You trade him your best player.

Glauber should think things through next time.

That would be the stupidest decision Tannenbaum ever made.

Yeah, you're battling with a team for homefield advantage so what do you do? You trade him your best player.

Glauber should think things through next time.

if (God forbid) Revis ever does get traded it will be to an NFC team that much is for sure and probably a team we won't see for years

Dolan makes you pay for Newsday online...so this is what he's stooped to.

yea what's cool about Twitter though is Boone and Glauber have a way to let us see the stories most of the time-when they're not too busy, which is very cool of them

Um, wow. To make matters worse, he himself tweets 19 hours earlier: ""Chances of Ravens acquiring Jets CB Darrelle Revis in a trade? Slim to none. More like zero.""

If you don't believe me look at his twitter. 21 hours ago he said that, then 2 hours ago the opposite. LOL

Ed Reed will be out of football in two years. The only player I would want on their team is Haloti Ngata. He's also playing on a contract year and will be looking for a big pay day come the off-season. Revis isn't going to get traded.

Ed Reed will be out of football in two years. The only player I would want on their team is Haloti Ngata. He's also playing on a contract year and will be looking for a big pay day come the off-season. Revis isn't going to get traded.

I'll take the Ngata straight up for Revis with out a seconds hesitation.

Ozzie is a smart guy that likes to build through the draft. No chance in hell that he'll trade for a CB that is holding out for 16M per season.

But if someone offers something like what the Bears gave up for Cutler, I'd take it. One of the starting CB's on the other team and two first round picks? It's better than a player who isn't here.

Archived