Tom Brady on Hard Knocks:

THE ILK

What is really interesting is when you hear ex-Patriots talking about what team they hate the most, it's always the Jets. Grogan, Nelson, Brock. Shoot, long-time Bill - Smerlas - makes no sceret that he hates the Jets. Your very own Jason Taylor hated the Jets forever - now that he's on the payroll, he swallows his pride. Anyway, I rather doubt they hate the players - or Jets - my guess is that they hate the fans. The chant. The jeers. I recall Nelson saying how he would get pelted with batteries at the meadowlands.

Dude, have you seen your fans? They are some of the worst sportsmans in the league. I have been to numerous games at Foxboro and Gillette. Had to have my own security detail for the simple reason I had Jets garb on and some a$$ wouldn't stop throwing pretzels at me. Was funny to hear all the pats fans around me bitch cause they were the ones getting hit.

I've met many good fans over the years there and am FaceBook friends with a few, but there are many many a-holes at that stadium.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is really interesting is when you hear ex-Patriots talking about what team they hate the most, it's always the Jets. Grogan, Nelson, Brock. Shoot, long-time Bill - Smerlas - makes no sceret that he hates the Jets. Your very own Jason Taylor hated the Jets forever - now that he's on the payroll, he swallows his pride. Anyway, I rather doubt they hate the players - or Jets - my guess is that they hate the fans. The chant. The jeers. I recall Nelson saying how he would get pelted with batteries at the meadowlands.

Really is a nonissue here-most Jet fans hate Brady so what is the big deal him hating the Jets.

Dude, have you seen your fans? They are some of the worst sportsmans in the league. I have been to numerous games at Foxboro and Gillette. Had to have my own security detail for the simple reason I had Jets garb on and some a$$ wouldn't stop throwing pretzels at me. Was funny to hear all the pats fans around me bitch cause they were the ones getting hit.

I've met many good fans over the years there and am FaceBook friends with a few, but there are many many a-holes at that stadium.

I have been to Gillette WITH Jets fans - it's the usual smack talk. Same thing goes for the Meadowlands. Then again, I am a girl and get far less sh*t than a guy does at games. Not on messageboards, mind you, but at Stadiums. However, I bet you have never been to a visiting stadium and had some drunk come up to you and ask to see your boobs. Oh, wait - Cleveland - ladies room. A bunch of Cleveland girls banging on the door saying something about "lynch the Yankee." Yah, that was fun. Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to wash my hands and just walk out of the ladies room while being screamed at? Me not talking back was torture. That said, I 'aint stupid either. :)

I have been to Gillette WITH Jets fans - it's the usual smack talk. Same thing goes for the Meadowlands. Then again, I am a girl and get far less sh*t than a guy does at games. Not on messageboards, mind you, but at Stadiums. However, I bet you have never been to a visiting stadium and had some drunk come up to you and ask to see your boobs. Oh, wait - Cleveland - ladies room. A bunch of Cleveland girls banging on the door saying something about "lynch the Yankee." Yah, that was fun. Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to wash my hands and just walk out of the ladies room while being screamed at? Me not talking back was torture. That said, I 'aint stupid either. :)

Show your boobs. lol

I can imagine. It is rough out there. And a lot is smack talk. Usually that one ******* that pushes it over the edge. And I love the smack talk. I give as good as I get. My buddy has season tix to the Cheatriots and I've been to many games. I liked his section at the old stadium. Good group of people. Used to have one pats fan watch me the whole game cause I kept telling him I was gonna take his wife. Would jump into his seat every time he went for beer.

The best was that first game right after 9/11. Jets at Rats. Very first game. We are walking around and we brought two first timers to the stadium. I am glorifying all the trash talk and telling them what they can expect. We get there and it's I love NY this, We love you Jets fans that. I thought I was in the friggin twilight zone. Tellin my firends, this is not New England, these aren't Pats fans.

Well, NY wound up winning that game and as we walked through the parking lots a whole chorus of F You's ran out. Life was back to normal.

I do for pure comedy. It often plays out like a satire on NE Fans, yet its actually them and they actually do sound like that and they actually do have names like Sully and Fitzy.

Exactly. This isn't the first time WEEI has pulled the string on Brady's back so Connah from Woostah can hear what he needs to hear.

Tell Brady to concentrate on football and less on being a TV critic

You could say something similar about Rex Ryan: tell the HC to concentrate more on the Xs and Os, and less on touting how good his team is going to be this coming season.

I just hope that, while the players in green and white are confident, they are not overconfident. That would be a real killer.

You could say something similar about Rex Ryan: tell the HC to concentrate more on the Xs and Os, and less on touting how good his team is going to be this coming season.

I just hope that, while the players in green and white are confident, they are not overconfident. That would be a real killer.

There's a difference between touting how good your team is and coming flat out and denigrating another team.

Not once has anyone from the Jets initiated denigrating talk about another team or a non-Jets player.

He's not whining. He just saying how he feels. He hates the Jets. He has said it before. I bet many of the Jets hate the Pats. It's not personal, it's football. Brady's good friends with Izzo....so it's not the players, it's the uniform :) Guess what, the Jets aren't the only ones that play up to their fanbase either, you know. LOL!

I do find it interesting that it upsets so many of you though.

I don't think most players care at all. The loudest Fins player that hated the Jets is now in that uniform.

It always would surprise Boston and NY fans when a player would cross over between the Red Sox and Yankees. They seriously did not care, and that is a far more storied rivalry than the Pats-Jets one, which most of Boston didn't even care about until a decade ago at most. Boston is a baseball town. NY is probably more a baseball town if it supports anything at all, we don't even actually have a team in the city, and the only one in the state never seemed to count either.

He's not whining. He just saying how he feels. He hates the Jets. He has said it before. I bet many of the Jets hate the Pats. It's not personal, it's football. Brady's good friends with Izzo....so it's not the players, it's the uniform :) Guess what, the Jets aren't the only ones that play up to their fanbase either, you know. LOL!

I do find it interesting that it upsets so many of you though.

You love to make something out of nothing. If you've read this thread, nobody gives a flying **** what that douchebag thinks. He's a cum bucket and nobody cares.

Most people are glad he hates us.

Its just funny, like others have pointed out...that the Jets are blow hards for running their mouths, but its cool when Brady does it.

And FWIW, never have I ever heard a Jets players say they "hate" any of their opponents. But your all class quite humble squad up north says it all the time.

Hmmph?

You love to make something out of nothing. If you've read this thread, nobody gives a flying **** what that douchebag thinks. He's a cum bucket and nobody cares.

Most people are glad he hates us.

Its just funny, like others have pointed out...that the Jets are blow hards for running their mouths, but its cool when Brady does it.

And FWIW, never have I ever heard a Jets players say they "hate" any of their opponents. But your all class quite humble squad up north says it all the time.

Hmmph?

LOL!

He's not running his mouth. He made a statement. He said he hates the Jets (not the first time he has made this statement) and he won't support a Jets based Hard Knocks . Brady 'aint stupid, he's playing to his audience...just like Rex does. Rex just does it in a bombastic way. Brady is suave ;) Rex said "I'm not here to kiss his rings." Brady "I'm not supporting Hard Knocks and the Jets"

I see that this has hit quite the nerve with you though. Further proof....

LOL!

He's not running his mouth. He made a statement. He said he hates the Jets (not the first time he has made this statement) and he won't support a Jets based Hard Knocks . Brady 'aint stupid, he's playing to his audience...just like Rex does. Rex just does it in a bombastic way. Brady is suave ;) Rex said "I'm not here to kiss his rings." Brady "I'm not supporting Hard Knocks and the Jets"

Translation: Brady's a fag and Rex is not.

LOL!

WTF are you talking about, further proof of what? I dont give a sh*t what that goober has to say.

You are just epitome of an idiot Pats fan. Everything the Pats do is perfect, no matter if its a complete contradiction of what you've been spewing over and over again...as long as the Pats do it, its the right way.

I bet you an open mouth kiss that Brady hasnt missed a second of the show.

Brady is the definition of Pats hypocrisy.

Look at them funny and they take it as the greatest shot ever taken at them. yet the Pats don't seem to mind jumping in front of someone's face and telling them how much they suck and how much he just burned his @ss.

Since 2004 there is no team in the NFL that has talked as much trash and p!sses on their opponents more than the Pats.

You keep sticking that hand in the piranna tank there Tom.

I'm sure Rex will make good use of it come week 2.

You are just epitome of an idiot Pats fan. Everything the Pats do is perfect, no matter if its a complete contradiction of what you've been spewing over and over again...as long as the Pats do it, its the right way.

Did you expect something different? I mean really?

Rex says hi

TheJetsStream

#Jets Rex Ryan: "I don't like Tom Brady. I respect him, but I don't like him." More here: http://tinyurl.com/252bghh #nfl #nyj

Rex Ryan shoots back at Tom Brady: 'He knows we hate the Patriots'

Published: Monday, August 23, 2010, 3:09 PM Updated: Monday, August 23, 2010, 3:41 PM

Nick Underhill

Follow Share this story

Story tools

APNew York Jets head coach Rex Ryan, left, talks with Bryan Thomas (99) during the second quarter of a preseason NFL football game agains the Charlotte Panthers in Charlotte, N.C., Saturday, Aug. 21, 2010.

Share That didn't take long.

Following practice today, Jets' coach Rex Ryan responded to Tom Brady's earlier comments about hating the Jets by letting the quarterback know that the feeling is mutual.

"(Expletive), he knows we hate the Patriots. So what's the difference?"

Earlier today during his regular guest spot on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan show, Brady told the hosts that he has yet to watch an episode of HBO's "Hard Knocks", which features the New York Jets this season, because he can't stand the stars of the show.

"Honestly, I haven't turned it on. I hate the Jets, so I refuse to support that show," Brady said.

The two AFC East rivals play Sept. 19

There's a difference between touting how good your team is and coming flat out and denigrating another team.

Not once has anyone from the Jets initiated denigrating talk about another team or a non-Jets player.

Wrong.

Revis called Moss a "slouch" before the Indy game.

Archived