New/Old Jets fans crawling out of the woodwork

TheShow

as few of u know I live in Tennessee, and over the last I dunno, say 10 years, I've ran into maybe 2 jets fans, but last weeked I went to the nascar Bristol race and I ran in to 8! yes 8! jets fans, and 2 that said yeah! the jets are one of my teams! so my guess is that there the bandwagon fans, there other teams being the colts, pats, steelers ect ect.. it's just really odd to see so many jets fans in one day when I hadn't seen more than 2 in 10 years!

it's Kewl, but also kinda pisses me off that now were doing good and people wanna jump on board. it's like hey! we've suffered for years! and now we can finally be excited and proud to wear our jets gear out! but especially around here people look at me like I'm a bandwagon fan and I hate that. but it was kewl to be walking around the race track in my jets t-shirt and hat and hear people chanting J.E.T.S JETS JETS JETS!

anyone else live outside of new york/new jersey notice this?

as few of u know I live in Tennessee, and over the last I dunno, say 10 years, I've ran into maybe 2 jets fans, but last weeked I went to the nascar Bristol race and I ran in to 8! yes 8! jets fans, and 2 that said yeah! the jets are one of my teams! so my guess is that there the bandwagon fans, there other teams being the colts, pats, steelers ect ect.. it's just really odd to see so many jets fans in one day when I hadn't seen more than 2 in 10 years!

it's Kewl, but also kinda pisses me off that now were doing good and people wanna jump on board. it's like hey! we've suffered for years! and now we can finally be excited and proud to wear our jets gear out! but especially around here people look at me like I'm a bandwagon fan and I hate that. but it was kewl to be walking around the race track in my jets t-shirt and hat and hear people chanting J.E.T.S JETS JETS JETS!

This happens to all teams as they get good. The casual fan comes out. they like the Jets, but don't really follow them. Sanchez and Sexy Rexy are good lookin stories that the girls can fall for, very similar to the ones that fell in love with Brady. the real victory will come from the chicks that dump brady for Sanchez.

yeah this surely is rare territory for us real Jets fans.

But I'll take it. I love hearing positive things about my Jets from both friends and the media.

How are you doing good? The jets have done nothing but look average in one preseaon game, and HORRIBLE in another.

I've noticed the same thing down here in San Antonio...used to be I was the only one wearing green and white while the non-homers usually wore the Giants, Steelers or Skins colors...I used to get an occassional shout out just because the JETS were not a rival to their beloved Boys...now many more have jumped on the bandwagon...most like the attitude of Rex and the women down here are definitely attracted to Sanchez. I have the same mixed emotions...on the one hand its like where the hell you been and the other is glad to see the fans are enjoying the team...makes me glad we have Rex and the current team identity...everyone likes to call the young and talented their team...this way they can say they were fans before the started winning consistently.

Can you just admit that the colts gave them that playoff spot?

Sure, the Bengals and Chargers threw home playoff games too. Just so the Jets could sell those PSLs.

I haven't noticed any more Jets fans over here. Italian football fans are super loyal. I know several with Jetman style tats of their favorite teams. I have one friend that is a Rams fan from the Flipper Anderson days on through and he is sticking by them. OTOH, they are much more likely to mention the Jets to me now than during the Mangini era and the last "American" coach (a Canadian Bills fan) kept saying "I like how that team plays, eh!" all season long. He meant defense and running game. Most coaches like that.

What I see is peoples comments are changing in the Chicago area. I almost always wear Jets jerseys/shirts when the band plays out and wear it at least once a week otherwise. For the past decade or so, people would just look at whatever the regalia and almost express pity without saying anything. Now all kinds of people are starting to talk smack or wanting to talk about Revis or Sanchez. We're becoming hated - it's fantastic and they can kiss my azz.

I know what really pisses me off is when someone accuses me of being a bandwagon fan. I just want to slap the DNA out of their A$$

I've noticed more for sure

I get more comments on my stuff, I have this awesome shirt with a gigantic helmet decal on the back, and at a carnival recently I got a jets chant from a bunch of teenagers

made me feel cool for a few seconds :lol:

I'm in Kentucky and most here are either Steeler or Bengals fans and feel that their teams are in the hunt so I don't see many jumping on the bandwagon. Like others have said though, it's a lot easier to carry on a conversation about the Jets than it had been in years past. Me likey! :)

I've noticed more for sure

I get more comments on my stuff, I have this awesome shirt with a gigantic helmet decal on the back, and at a carnival recently I got a jets chant from a bunch of teenagers

made me feel cool for a few seconds :lol:

yeah it is a nice feeling when people see u in ur jets gear and give u the jets chant, but I never know what to do cos everyone is looking at me so I usually just do that whoo! fist pump. then I feel UNcool again lol

Archived