The offer currently on the table for Revis confirmed by the Daily News - Gary Myers.

ARodJetsFan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a grip, Slats. The chances are no way better than zero.

Your point is patently idiotic. Seriously. I'm stunned you persist on this point.

According to Jason's website the cap hit in cutting DBrick in 2011 is $33 million.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary11.html

Please, stop.

If you had bothered to read Jason's site, you would know that he says this about Ferguson's deal:

Salary cap numbers are being presented based on the Jets picking up an option bonus worth 3.9 million in 2011.

Guess when that is! That's right, it's 2/15/11, the date I've been talking about all along!

I get that you don't like it. And I went so far as to say it's not likely that D'Brick would be cut, because I don't expect it, either. Just that it's an option available at a fraction of your number - under $1.4M in dead space. But feel free to persist in your patently idiotic need to be right even though you are wrong. Seriously. Get a grip. I'm stunned that this is so important to you.

If you had bothered to read Jason's site, you would know that he says this about Ferguson's deal:

Salary cap numbers are being presented based on the Jets picking up an option bonus worth 3.9 million in 2011.

Guess when that is! That's right, it's 2/15/11, the date I've been talking about all along!

I get that you don't like it. And I went so far as to say it's not likely that D'Brick would be cut, because I don't expect it, either. Just that it's an option available at a fraction of your number - under $1.4M in dead space. But feel free to persist in your patently idiotic need to be right even though you are wrong. Seriously. Get a grip. I'm stunned that this is so important to you.

I am getting a grip, slats.

I just hate stupid arguments and you've presented one of the dumbest of all that it's a possibility that the Jets will cut DBrick after this year. There is zero, zilch, nada, no chance of that happening.

I'll leave it at that. You're a smart guy slats, and I can see you're point on Revis (although remotely), but you're dead wrong on DBrick.

Yes, it is an "option" but there is zero chance that it will be done, so it's a non existent option.

I am getting a grip, slats.

I just hate stupid arguments and you've presented one of the dumbest of all that it's a possibility that the Jets will cut DBrick after this year. There is zero, zilch, nada, no chance of that happening.

Fine. Just save your patently stupid comments for those moments when you actually have the facts on your side. Okay? Because if you hate stupid arguments so much, you should really read thru the "evidence" you present as facts for your case. I expect to be disagreed with here -a lot laugh.gif- but I don't talk to other people here that way, and don't expect to be talked to that way.

You want to argue a 0% vs. 5% chance? Have the f^ck at it. If D'Brick has a mediocre year at the same time that Edwards and Holmes have outstanding ones, we'll see what the odds are then.

Fine. Just save your patently stupid comments for those moments when you actually have the facts on your side. Okay? Because if you hate stupid arguments so much, you should really read thru the "evidence" you present as facts for your case. I expect to be disagreed with here -a lot laugh.gif- but I don't talk to other people here that way, and don't expect to be talked to that way.

You want to argue a 0% vs. 5% chance? Have the f^ck at it. If D'Brick has a mediocre year at the same time that Edwards and Holmes have outstanding ones, we'll see what the odds are then.

The bolded is what gets me pissed off (I've been on edge recently, so don't take it personal).

The Jets aren't going to get rid of their 26 starting Left Tackle, who protects the Jets most important player, in order to re-sign WRs. Sanchez won't be able to throw to those WRs if he doesn't have a LT.

And, yeah, I'll have a f^ck at it over 0 vs. 5% because it isn't 5% at all.

Finally, I never called you dumb or stupid or idiotic. You're a real smart guy. So I apologize if you took it as a personal insult to you.

We all say stupid things sometimes or believe stupid things, just like you thinking there's a 5% chance the Jets cut their LT to sign a WR. :D

At least wth Revis not playing this season, the expecations of a team that clearly isnt ready offensively will be pegged down a notch.

The Jets ned to stop with the one year stop gap mentality and get back to aquiring draft picks. It sucks to thin like this, but this season has already blown up in their faces and it hasnt even started yet.

Sacnhez looks awful

Revis isnt going to play

Brutal schedule

These three things working against us....was Super Bowl ever really a possibility?

Too negative? Maybe...but the team looks like a mess right now.

At least wth Revis not playing this season, the expecations of a team that clearly isnt ready offensively will be pegged down a notch.

The Jets ned to stop with the one year stop gap mentality and get back to aquiring draft picks. It sucks to thin like this, but this season has already blown up in their faces and it hasnt even started yet.

Sacnhez looks awful

Revis isnt going to play

Brutal schedule

These three things working against us....was Super Bowl ever really a possibility?

I'm more concerned with the offense...the defense, not so much. You'll know about this team after its first couple of games.

Sacnhez looks awful

He did last year too, and it didn't matter.

Revis isnt going to play

We don't know that...

Brutal schedule

Our schedule difficulty is around the middle of the league.

Yes, and it still is.

How so? They've struggled a bit on the offensive side of the football in pre-season? It's the preseason, man! Can I remind you that the Bills beat the Colts and the Rams beat the Pats??? LOL

• 1 year later...

Agree with everything you say here regarding Brick. Heck, at this point Jason Fabini was a better tackle and what was he a third round pick?

However......... using the acronym GOAT and the name Revis in the same sentence is absurd. Let him string together 6-7-8 years of play like he did last season and then it may start to make sense. Revis could be great or a one hit wonder. If things stay as is I hope he takes a hike and we get picks.

Batting 1000 there. lol

God, of all the threads to necro. The only question is, does Revis hold out this summer or next?

If you're looking for something to do you can go find me a picture of Vlad Ducasse sitting in a little chair eating a big sandwich.

Batting 1000 there. lol

Wow have lots of spare time on your hands I see but since you brought it up.

Still think Revis is GOAT? Did you notice Jets went 8-8 with him could have gone 8-8 without him. Brick??? really? Pleeez,He doesnt suck like Sanchez but is he living up to his draft status? Do you really think he is in top 8 LTs? I dont. Fabini was as good and a beter value where he was picked.

God, of all the threads to necro. The only question is, does Revis hold out this summer or next?

What kind of question is that, he already told us about 3 seconds after he signed his last contract that he was going to hold out again this summer. This offseason is going to be a real freakin' blast.

What kind of question is that, he already told us about 3 seconds after he signed his last contract that he was going to hold out again this summer. This offseason is going to be a real freakin' blast.

If he does hold out again just trade him to the Skins for a boatload of high picks.

If he does hold out again just trade him to the Skins for a boatload of high picks.

They might just have to do that. Given how this locker room has changed in the past two years since Revis' last holdout, I think it would be rather comical to see how it would go over this time. Maybe the ultimate leadership skills of Captain Holmes would help lead the Jets through that difficult time. Ha.

It wouldn't surprise me if that will be his intent anyway. He looked as thrilled to be Holmes' teammate last year as the rest of them. Get away from the circus, Eric Smith, Sanchez and Francesa.

It wouldn't surprise me if that will be his intent anyway. He looked as thrilled to be Holmes' teammate last year as the rest of them. Get away from the circus, Eric Smith, Sanchez and Francesa.

Let him rot, in Washington!

Archived