Expectations on crowd noise this monday?

Jetkid94

I've seen a lot of debates on how loud this stadium will be mainly consisting of people saying our home games won't be loud at all considering that maybe a lot of the tickets sold are corporate and that there will be plenty of people at the games who don't bleed green.

It makes me think and wonder if these people are right.

Last year vs brady the meadowlands was the loudest its been in a long time.

Do ypu think it will be louder on monday night? If not do you at least think we will maintain a solid home field advantage for this game and all home games with the crowd noise level? Or do you feel the crowd will not be a factor this season?

I've seen a lot of debates on how loud this stadium will be mainly consisting of people saying our home games won't be loud at all considering that maybe a lot of the tickets sold are corporate and that there will be plenty of people at the games who don't bleed green.

Do ypu think it will be louder on monday night? If not do you at least think we will maintain a solid home field advantage for this game and all home games with the crowd noise level? Or do you feel the crowd will not be a factor this season?

You'll be able to hear a pin drop after the Ravens go up by two scores.

You'll be able to hear a pin drop after the Ravens go up by two scores.

He might be right. Jets fans are putting on a brave face about things but I think on the inside people are more worried about the offense then they are letting on. If the offense looks weak and the defense fails to appear legendary there will be lumps in throats.

I still remember this fan base supporting "Mangenius" right up to that Seattle game and then it was torches and pitchforks. If Schotty and Sanchez don't produce it will do down the same way.

It will be an electric atmosphere. It will be loud, but it wont be as powerful since the stadium isnt as compact as the old stadium. The noise will not have anywhere near the impact it once did no matter how loud the fans get.

The Fireman Ed chants will be loud since many 1-timers will be there and they get no greater joy than to do Ed's J-E-T-S chant. Third down? Nope. It will be louder on offensive 3rd downs than it will be on defensive 3rd downs. The crowd that you see Monday Night will be novice football-game-attending fans. They dont know when to cheer except when the scoreboard prompts them to.

The question isnt will it be loud for one game, but will it be sustained over the long haul. The answer to that is no.

Giants game today was quieter than church. Hope its not the way the stadium was built, and it was just because Gmen fans are wiggity-wack.

on TV they sounded pretty loud.

and I coulda sworn there was an article about the new stadium saying the design is suppost to keep crowd noise more into the game with the way the building is built.

and I coulda sworn there was an article about the new stadium saying the design is suppost to keep crowd noise more into the game with the way the building is built.

i heard that same thing. They teams wanted it designed to keep the noise in and make it extremely loud.

You have to have the stands right on top of the field to really get that effect (like the old RFK STADIUM). I thought the older stadium was louder from what I heard today. they also said it would be all green! LMAO!

The crowd can always be a factor.

Whether winning or losing, Jets' fans generally seem to either lose interest or not be able to sustain their (vocal ) support at a respectable level throughout the game when necessary. This is not a knock, just an observation. Hopefully, things will be different in this new stadium. Go Jets!

I can’t remember where I read it, but I read the same article you did. I said the noise was going to be funneled to the field by design.

Archived