Pats fan posters, respectfully, what the Hell was that?

T0mShane

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the victory. Better team clearly won. Pats half time adjustments miserable. I will say this again: Moss on this team is a detriment. Yes, I just said it again. Too enamored with the long ball. Hernandez was open in the 2nd half too. What happened to short underneath stuff? Great ball distribution in the first half....long-ball-itis in the second. And, Butler sucks donkey balls.

I may be very, very wrong about LT. Pains me to say it since I hate his guts. :)

If you are going to blame anyone, its Brady. Moss did his job, Brady didnt. Dont possibly see how you could call him a detriment.

And I too was wrong about LT, he looks great.

You guys will bounce back, you always do.

Congratulations on the win. The Patriots deserved to get beat by 35 with that effort. It all lies on Brady. He has gone from a QB that everyone accused of being a master of the dink and dunk to a qb who thinks he needs to throw it 40 yds. to a blanketed receiver when all we need is 7 yds. for a first down. IMO, he's worried about keeping Moss happy. Someone needs to remind him that Welker, Edelman, Hernandez and Gronkowski are out there too and they are actually good on the shorter routes unlike Moss. The defense isn't good by any means but if the offense could have stayed on the field for a couple series, the Jets don't score 28 points. The defense was holding their own to start but just gassed out from having to be on the field for so long. So again, congratulations but don't think it will be this easy against other teams who don't have their heads lodged firmly up their asses.

Alk, Hernandez has the potential to be a beast for you guys. Problem is Brady is so accustomed to TEs dropping the ball that he doesn't look for him enough.

The Pats defense simply isn't very good. Heck, it might even be awful and probably not well-conditioned. The Bengals in garbage time torched them in the 2nd half, as did the Jets.

The Jets stayed away from McCourty all day.

Did they purposely stay away from him or did they gameplan to pick on Butler?

I noticed this as well.

I really wanted McCourty or Best...both look like players. Luckily, Wilson does too. He's great in coverage, he can tackle, but I question his ball skills.

Butler was terrible. You guys are hurting without Bodden. However, BB is pretty amazing at covering for weaknesses.

Congratulations on the win. The Patriots deserved to get beat by 35 with that effort. It all lies on Brady. He has gone from a QB that everyone accused of being a master of the dink and dunk to a qb who thinks he needs to throw it 40 yds. to a blanketed receiver when all we need is 7 yds. for a first down. IMO, he's worried about keeping Moss happy. Someone needs to remind him that Welker, Edelman, Hernandez and Gronkowski are out there too and they are actually good on the shorter routes unlike Moss. The defense isn't good by any means but if the offense could have stayed on the field for a couple series, the Jets don't score 28 points. The defense was holding their own to start but just gassed out from having to be on the field for so long. So again, congratulations but don't think it will be this easy against other teams who don't have their heads lodged firmly up their asses.

Stick around, maybe?

Substitute Butler for Lito Sheppard and I think the Jets did pretty much exactly what the Dolphins did with their few good plays through the air.

A little bit of both is probably accurate. I doubt the Jets had too much fear in a rookie CB (although he's looked great so far), however there's little incentive to go after him when you know you can win the battle on the other side of the field regardless of who you line up over there. Plus I'm sure there may have been plays where the first read was on McCourty's guy but he was covered and the guy Butler was on broke free of coverage. Either way, McCourty is certainly the least of the Patriots concerns on defense.

Hey Jeremy

Agree. very odd strategy switch by Pats. They didnt need the long ball IMHO but I am glad they tried to help Moss get some stats wink.gif

If you are going to blame anyone, its Brady. Moss did his job, Brady didnt. Dont possibly see how you could call him a detriment.

And I too was wrong about LT, he looks great.

You guys will bounce back, you always do.

I'm with Alk, I think they force the ball to him to make him happy. It is so counter to what makes the Pats successful it makes me puke.

I'm with Alk, I think they force the ball to him to make him happy. It is so counter to what makes the Pats successful it makes me puke.

But why Garb is my question. It makes ZERO sense.

He is a turd personally, and at end of his career to boot.

Why placate him?

Honestly, and I'm respecting the thread starter and keeping this civil...I think this is Patsies fans looking for someone to blame other than their adored BB, Brady and Welker.

To think that they force him the ball to make him happy over winning a game is a pretty silly idea. Especially if you are telling me out the other side of your mouth how brilliant your HC is, and how the Patriots dont need Moss and how the offense goes through Welker.

Which is it? I think its a lame excuse that nobody was complaining about when Moss reached out with one hand a grabbed a sick TD pass on a long ball from Brady while burning Revis.

Again, if "it is so counter to what makes the Pats successful"...then why is your legendary hof coach paired with your legendary hof Qb, doing exactly what you say is bad for the team?

I think some of what is being lost in all this 'why go away from welker, and throw to Moss' conversations is the FACT that the Pats had a few chances to drop the psychological and physical hammer on us in beginning and ended up doing un Pats things like missed FGs and not converting. This was during when they were going to Welker. The 1st qtr could have been a hell of alot uglier, 14-0, if Pats did what they usually do.

I dont know about you, but my a$$ was twitching in 1st qtr andI felt like it had potential to be a long day.

Yeah Jack ... he looked real nice to the gay, chubby chasers. :lol:

I know--they kept showing him and I kept wondering: what is different about this chump? then I realized it was the hair. It usually looked like a rat's nest in the past. He must have a new married squeeze.

Two posts in a month? Quite prolific lately.

But why Garb is my question. It makes ZERO sense.

He is a turd personally, and at end of his career to boot.

Why placate him?

It's simple brady logic.

He said his hate for the Jets is mostly a NY, boston thing.

Then he placates by rooting for the Yankees.

he's simply a clown! :rl:

Honestly, and I'm respecting the thread starter and keeping this civil...I think this is Patsies fans looking for someone to blame other than their adored BB, Brady and Welker.

To think that they force him the ball to make him happy over winning a game is a pretty silly idea. Especially if you are telling me out the other side of your mouth how brilliant your HC is, and how the Patriots dont need Moss and how the offense goes through Welker.

Which is it? I think its a lame excuse that nobody was complaining about when Moss reached out with one hand a grabbed a sick TD pass on a long ball from Brady while burning Revis.

Again, if "it is so counter to what makes the Pats successful"...then why is your legendary hof coach paired with your legendary hof Qb, doing exactly what you say is bad for the team?

Don't confuse me with some of the homers at Patsfans.com. Whether you want to beleive it or not, I try to be pretty opbjective.

I am not blaming Moss - really - I am blaming BB and Brady for changing the offensive philosophy to appease him. Yes, he is a great talent. Yes, he is hall of fame bound. And I truly believe he has been detrimental to the team overall. I am not saying he's a bad guy. From what I have seen (post game local stuff - training camp - local gossip pages) he's a pretty decent guy....but he is a freak of a talent and he is a "super-star" and with that comes ego (he and Brady combined) and well - we have long-ball-itis. Throw in Belichick's ego and it's awfully crowded in Gillette. Stubborn and egotistical can bite you in the a$$. Tate was wide open on one of those forced throws to Moss (that resulted in a pick) - that is the kind of decision Brady NEVER made pre-Moss. It's true. Anyway, it's not really Moss' fault. It's Brady and BB's fault - Moss' presence made them change. But, it's not like I want my franchise qb gone, nor my head-coach....so, sorry Randy. Thanks for the memories but may you be gone next season. It's the easy fix.

Not that offense is my biggest worry. I have olb's that are ineffective. Safties that can't cover and one Corner who has regressed terribly.

Don't confuse me with some of the homers at Patsfans.com. Whether you want to beleive it or not, I try to be pretty opbjective.

I am not blaming Moss - really - I am blaming BB and Brady for changing the offensive philosophy to appease him. Yes, he is a great talent. Yes, he is hall of fame bound. And I truly believe he has been detrimental to the team overall. I am not saying he's a bad guy. From what I have seen (post game local stuff - training camp - local gossip pages) he's a pretty decent guy....but he is a freak of a talent and he is a "super-star" and with that comes ego (he and Brady combined) and well - we have long-ball-itis. Throw in Belichick's ego and it's awfully crowded in Gillette. Stubborn and egotistical can bite you in the a$$. Tate was wide open on one of those forced throws to Moss (that resulted in a pick) - that is the kind of decision Brady NEVER made pre-Moss. It's true. Anyway, it's not really Moss' fault. It's Brady and BB's fault - Moss' presence made them change. But, it's not like I want my franchise qb gone, nor my head-coach....so, sorry Randy. Thanks for the memories but may you be gone next season. It's the easy fix.

Not that offense is my biggest worry. I have olb's that are ineffective. Safties that can't cover and one Corner who has regressed terribly.

You don't fix anything by getting rid of the most physically gifted WR to ever play the game. You find a way to make it work because no matter how you slice it, your team is worse off if he's gone.

If Randy isn't double covered on those plays that Brady is trying to force the ball to him, the open guy that Brady didn't see wouldn't be open. Its a pretty simple equation.

You want to know who the biggest problem is for the Pats right now? Who is the one person holding them back more than anyone? Its the coach. In his arrogant desire to prove that their success was all by his design and had nothing to do with Weis or Crennel or Ryan or Mangini or McDaniels or Haley or even Pioli, he has forgone hiring coordinators to run his offense and defense and as such there is no one on that staff with the authority or the balls to make the necessary adjustments because how dare anyone question the genius? Hell, he hasn't hired another Director of Player Personel to help him with his sh*tty drafting ability.

Belichick has coached past his prime and he's too arrogant and stubborn to admit that he can't do it alone.

He looked like a deer in the headlights during the fourth quarter on Sunday. He had been completely outcoached and couldn't figure out how.

Is his scheme and his collection of talent good enough to get back to the playoffs? Probably, at least as long as #12 and #81 are healthy anyway. Are they good enough to go all the way again? Not by a longshot.

I dont think you are a homer. you are objective and will openly criticize your team. However, I think you have your darlings on the team who can never do wrong. I mean you say its on Brady and BB, but Moss's presence influences them to do things they dont like to or normally do which make them successful? So your answer is, lets get rid of the most gifted WR of all time. That doesnt really make any sense at all.

I'll tell you this. If Tyree doesnt make the greatest catch in Super Bowl history, we arent even discussing this because Moss would be the # 1 reason why your team went undefeated. And do you really think BB and Brady care more about Moss's feelings than they do another ring? Please.

I hope you dont resign Moss. Your offense will be straight doodoo, pathetic, horrible, worthless and it will be awesome. Getting rid of Moss IMO is the true turning of the tide, once he's gone, so are the Pats. Not that you've been all the relevant with him, but that little bit of relevance will be immediately gone.

I dont think you are a homer. you are objective and will openly criticize your team. However, I think you have your darlings on the team who can never do wrong. I mean you say its on Brady and BB, but Moss's presence influences them to do things they dont like to or normally do which make them successful? So your answer is, lets get rid of the most gifted WR of all time. That doesnt really make any sense at all.

I'll tell you this. If Tyree doesnt make the greatest catch in Super Bowl history, we arent even discussing this because Moss would be the # 1 reason why your team went undefeated. And do you really think BB and Brady care more about Moss's feelings than they do another ring? Please.

I hope you dont resign Moss. Your offense will be straight doodoo, pathetic, horrible, worthless and it will be awesome. Getting rid of Moss IMO is the true turning of the tide, once he's gone, so are the Pats. Not that you've been all the relevant with him, but that little bit of relevance will be immediately gone.

I'm just basing my comments on what I have seen. The Pats have been very successful with Patten, Brown, Givens and Branch. Brady used to distribute the ball to a plethora of receivers...including the occasional toss to Vrable. The offense has now become predictable - and yup, that could be attributed to Moss and probably Welker too. However, although BB and Brady are to blame, essentially, for this predictability...I sure as heck am not getting rid of my franchise qb and HOF coach.....so, I'll take my chances and dump the HOF receiver Moss (who was shut down by Cromartie) unless, somehow, they can convince someone like Charlie Weiss to jump KC ship and head north, which 'aint happening. You have to pick the lesser of the evils. For crissakes, Brady made better decisions when Reche Cadwell was the #1 receiver. Brady's fault? Yes. But let's be serious..you're not getting rid of Brady.

Archived