Pats fan posters, respectfully, what the Hell was that?

T0mShane

From a football standpoint, it just seems like Brady mentally checks out in some of these games and it looks like Belichick has moments where he simply refuses to make adjustments. Have you guys noticed any of this? My personal suspicion is that the 19-1 season burned both of them out and losing that Super Bowl to the Giants did something to the entire psyche of your franchise.

If we can keep this respectful (from both sides), it would be appreciated.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a football standpoint, it just seems like Brady mentally checks out in some of these games and it looks like Belichick has moments where he simply refuses to make adjustments. Have you guys noticed any of this? My personal suspicion is that the 19-1 season burned both of them out and losing that Super Bowl to the Giants did something to the entire psyche of your franchise.

When Revis went out, I think Brady thought Moss would be wide open with Cromartie on him. He was throwing to Moss when Cromartie had him blanketed.

Why did the Pats get away from all the underneath stuff that worked so well in the first half?

Did Welker even catch a ball in the 2nd half?

I think the current Patriots have some of the issues you saw with the early 2000s Colts. They are really good at the things they do, and sometimes that allows a team to, at times, become too stubborn that they are going to impose their willing on the other team regardless. However, the Patriots are also a team that tends to learn from their mistakes, and it's rare that these kind of performances repeat from them. To an extent you can understand it given their situation, but on the other hand it's strange to see as it's so exactly opposite of the way the team always used to be coached in their Super Bowl years.

When Revis went out, I think Brady thought Moss would be wide open with Cromartie on him. He was throwing to Moss when Cromartie had him blanketed.

Why did the Pats get away from all the underneath stuff that worked so well in the first half?

Yeah I was wondering.. what the hell happened to Welker? Was he covered the rest of the game or something?

Yeah I was wondering.. what the hell happened to Welker? Was he covered the rest of the game or something?

IMO I think that hit from Smith had lasting effects on him. It did seem like Brady was trying to force deep balls to Moss the entire time. BTW for the amount of respect the Jets gave the rookie CB (McCourtey) it seems like the Pats could have a real deal player..Butler though was god awful and had some pretty horrible penalties

Can't blame Brady, he fades in and out of what is waiting for him at home.

gisele300x4501.jpg

That was the question all 50 of us in Jets bar was asking. Thank you for going away form underneath crap.

Those in the bar could only surmise Welker had some lasting effect form the hit and not enuf to take him out but just enuf to slow him down a step. If, not, Belly screwed up.

That was the question all 50 of us in Jets bar was asking. Thank you for going away form underneath crap.

Those in the bar could only surmise Welker had some lasting effect form the hit and not enuf to take him out but just enuf to slow him down a step. If, not, Belly screwed up.

I watched some of the second half again, they were paying more attention to him with LB and safety help

and the pats can be stubborn sometimes, they just throw deep a lot

I remember a few years back they were killing us on the ground but just kept passing and passing and the jets won

I think they wanted to embarass the jets deep and get the slouch off

lol

That and they seemed to try and run it more.. Have to check the logs, but I remember saying thank you otuloud a few times when the handed off or chucked it up for Moss..

Seemed like we started blitzing and the pats went completely away from what was working..

I think the current Patriots have some of the issues you saw with the early 2000s Colts. They are really good at the things they do, and sometimes that allows a team to, at times, become too stubborn that they are going to impose their willing on the other team regardless. However, the Patriots are also a team that tends to learn from their mistakes, and it's rare that these kind of performances repeat from them. To an extent you can understand it given their situation, but on the other hand it's strange to see as it's so exactly opposite of the way the team always used to be coached in their Super Bowl years.

Yep, I've made that early 2000s Colts analogy to the Pats as well. They've seemed that for a while.

The best Pats team ever was the 2004 squad that was a 50/50 run/pass team. But BB seemed like he wanted to out-Peyton Peyton and made Brady into a chucker/dumper.

It's odd.

Can't blame the refs. They did their usually sterling job for the Pats o-line. They never get called for holding, even though you see them wrestling people on almost every pass. I guess the commentators would say they play with grest finese and savvy.

Congrats on the victory. Better team clearly won. Pats half time adjustments miserable. I will say this again: Moss on this team is a detriment. Yes, I just said it again. Too enamored with the long ball. Hernandez was open in the 2nd half too. What happened to short underneath stuff? Great ball distribution in the first half....long-ball-itis in the second. And, Butler sucks donkey balls.

I may be very, very wrong about LT. Pains me to say it since I hate his guts. :)

Yeah, that reminded me a lot of what went down last season. The Patriots move the ball at will in the first half and then can't do anything in the second half. I don't think 2007 has anything to do with it. I believe it has more to do with the coaching staff and Brady trying to hard to keep Moss happy. On the coaching staff, we used to have guys that excelled at making adjustments and that just doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The defense hasn't been the same since Romeo left and there's been a huge dropoff with the offense since McDaniels left.

I also think Brady sometimes tries to hard to cater to Moss. He wanted Moss to have a big game and went to him when other WR's would have been the better option. Brady's greatness was established b/c early in his career he spread the ball around to all of his WR's. In the Bengals game and then the first half of this game, he was doing that well and the offense moved the ball at will. But then when Revis went out it appeared that he became focused on going to Moss.

I don't think they did their homework on Cromartie. For all his flaws (there are many), he actually matches up well against big WR's. He's pretty sh!tty against guys like Welker but his game is suited perfectly to cover Moss with all that length he has.

It's disappointing that the Patriots weren't aware of this. They should have been as he always did well on Moss when he was in SD.

Frustrating game for Pats fans. I really don't think the Jets had the personnel to stop Welker or Hernandez but we just stopped feeding them the ball.

On defense, Butler got completely abused and I expect we'll see other teams focus their attacks on him as well. The loss of Bodden really showed itself today. I thought the pass rush was pretty good but we didn't seem to attack enough. We allowed the Jets offense to dictate tempo and were in read-n-react mode. I know BB has always favored the read-n-react approach but I'm starting to think that opposing offensive systems have improved to the point that it may no longer be an effective strategy. Every top defense in the league in recent years has been an aggressive attacking defense. They force the action and often dictate how the offense responds. For an offense to respond effectively, they need to be capable of making adjustments quickly on the fly and most, if any, offenses are not very good at that.

I don't know. I'm pretty shocked. I fully expected to win this game by 30 points. That first quarter is pretty much what I expected to see for most of the game. I was really impressed with Sanchez today. I thought he and the rest of the Jets offense brought their A game. I don't know if they've got it in them to consistently play that well but playing the Patriots definitely seemed to bring out their best. Congrats Jets fans! It looks like we may have a three team race in the AFC East after all.

One thing I thought during the game was that it was almost like the pats either still think it's 2007 or want to prove that they can play like it's 2007 again. I think the op hit the nail on the head about 2007 being a factor, not so much the loss to the Giants, but just this idea that they can be that dominant again and pretty much score at will.. I think Moss has clearly lost something and they'll never recapture that chemistry again

In the 2nd half the Jets threw a safety Welker's way on multiple occassions. He was doubled a few times that I saw. Seemed like a nice adjustment by the Jets.

I know I just said this in my last post but there was some plays where Cromartie had Moss one on one deep and the safety stayed with Welker. That has to be frustrating beyond belief. Kind of crazy but Rex is never shy.

Congrats on the victory. Better team clearly won. Pats half time adjustments miserable. I will say this again: Moss on this team is a detriment. Yes, I just said it again. Too enamored with the long ball. Hernandez was open in the 2nd half too. What happened to short underneath stuff? Great ball distribution in the first half....long-ball-itis in the second. And, Butler sucks donkey balls.

I may be very, very wrong about LT. Pains me to say it since I hate his guts. :)

Have to agree. Zero question that outside of 2007, Brady looks like a better QB without Moss than with him (and even in 2007, you can say the same for the Super Bowl).

Yeah, and LT looks like a phenomenal steal so far.

Belichick looked like he got back to the hotel room at 8:00 am.

Tom, youre a class act an attribute to this board.

Faulk going down was also a factor. Having Cromartie play the position he shined all training camp at really helped the Jets-it was like Cromartie was practicing for Revis' eventual injury-he was good on the left side. Hey Darrelle not for nuthin' but just TRY and hold out again in two years...

Congratulations on the win. The Patriots deserved to get beat by 35 with that effort. It all lies on Brady. He has gone from a QB that everyone accused of being a master of the dink and dunk to a qb who thinks he needs to throw it 40 yds. to a blanketed receiver when all we need is 7 yds. for a first down. IMO, he's worried about keeping Moss happy. Someone needs to remind him that Welker, Edelman, Hernandez and Gronkowski are out there too and they are actually good on the shorter routes unlike Moss. The defense isn't good by any means but if the offense could have stayed on the field for a couple series, the Jets don't score 28 points. The defense was holding their own to start but just gassed out from having to be on the field for so long. So again, congratulations but don't think it will be this easy against other teams who don't have their heads lodged firmly up their asses.

Congratulations on the win. The Patriots deserved to get beat by 35 with that effort. It all lies on Brady. He has gone from a QB that everyone accused of being a master of the dink and dunk to a qb who thinks he needs to throw it 40 yds. to a blanketed receiver when all we need is 7 yds. for a first down. IMO, he's worried about keeping Moss happy. Someone needs to remind him that Welker, Edelman, Hernandez and Gronkowski are out there too and they are actually good on the shorter routes unlike Moss. The defense isn't good by any means but if the offense could have stayed on the field for a couple series, the Jets don't score 28 points. The defense was holding their own to start but just gassed out from having to be on the field for so long. So again, congratulations but don't think it will be this easy against other teams who don't have their heads lodged firmly up their asses.

Sucks not having illegal video camera help!

Crawl back in you hole!

Like you did the last time we beat you!

Archived